Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arvin Appiah 15:20 - Jul 5 with 7248 viewspabloisgod

We have definately spoken to his agent about him coming here.

Celina has met Ashton etc but not a definite by any means

Coulsen is 💯 a serious target

All have the same agent I believe - Mr Jonathan Barnett

Arvin Appiah on 16:19 - Jul 5 with 1959 viewsBeckets

Arvin Appiah on 15:21 - Jul 5 by Kieran_Knows

Appiah is 100% a target, I know that much. Suspect loan as he moved for £8m, 2 summers ago.

He’s 20 so wouldn’t count for FPP purposes salary wise as I understand it.
Arvin Appiah on 16:32 - Jul 5 with 1889 viewsRegencyBlue

I thought Barnett had sold his business to an American agency?
Arvin Appiah on 16:44 - Jul 5 with 1808 viewsTomTheWriter

Arvin Appiah on 16:08 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

Didn't you say Celina should be a loan as well?

Not convinced we should be loaning too many players if we can help it - need to get a squad that is mostly our own if possible.

SB

Worry in League One is the whole turnover spent on wages debacle. Couple of teams last season had around 8-9 loans last season, because its impossible to build a full team of permanent players.

I, like you, would love to have as little loans as possible. Sometimes, however, it's easier to build a squad in the Championship compared to League One.

Celina, Appiah, Bonne, Coulson as the 4? I'd accept that. Permanent deal for Gibson and Crooks, another CB?

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Arvin Appiah on 16:45 - Jul 5 with 1797 viewswkj

Arvin Appiah on 16:44 - Jul 5 by TomTheWriter

Worry in League One is the whole turnover spent on wages debacle. Couple of teams last season had around 8-9 loans last season, because its impossible to build a full team of permanent players.

I, like you, would love to have as little loans as possible. Sometimes, however, it's easier to build a squad in the Championship compared to League One.

Celina, Appiah, Bonne, Coulson as the 4? I'd accept that. Permanent deal for Gibson and Crooks, another CB?

Maybe Evans finally released the 'Mings Money' (A nod to the past)

Maybe Sheeran's shirt sales is doing magic for our projected turnover - seems like a master stroke.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Arvin Appiah on 17:00 - Jul 5 with 1721 viewstractorboy1978

Appiah clearly has a good pedigree and was very highly rated - going for £8m as an 18 year old says that much! But he's done absolutely sod all in Spain for two seasons (including a loan at another second tier club last season) so cannot imagine we would pay big bucks for him on a permanent. But likewise, on that basis would strike me as the sort we'd want on a permanent to develop for our own gains rather than someone elses. Be interesting to see how it develops.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 17:02]
Arvin Appiah on 17:18 - Jul 5 with 1637 viewsGeoffSentence

Arvin Appiah on 15:29 - Jul 5 by BiGDonnie

We're making serious moves!

PC is literally playing Football Manager with Ipswich in real life.

"My client, Arvin Appiah, does not wish to sign for your club because the stature of your club does not match his level of ambition"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Arvin Appiah on 17:30 - Jul 5 with 1583 viewsSwansea_Blue

Arvin Appiah on 15:53 - Jul 5 by N2_Blue

Personally don't see the excitement...but as I've never seen anything of him i can't make judgement.

Just because he was signed for 8 million means nothing. Plenty of teenagers been bought for big money and then fade into obscurity. Seems an odd one to be linked with as not going to be cheap if they paid that money recently and i really wouldn't want to be taking on this kind of player as a loan, loans need to be players that will definitely make a difference, not 'potential'

He's obviously one for the future. I can only see a loan at this stage of his contract (2 years into a 5 year contract). Basically he's where Dozzell was a couple of years ago - good reputation at England age group stages, could turn into a good player, but too early to tell and in need of regular football.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Arvin Appiah on 17:33 - Jul 5 with 1567 viewsHighgateBlue

Not convinced we should be loaning too many players if we can help it - need to get a squad that is mostly our own if possible.

SB

As others have said, the advantage of a loan is that it would appear that one can get round SCMP by not paying much of the player's wages, but paying the parent club a loan fee, which is not a salary. Big incentive to loan players it seems to me.

But in any event, it would /appear/ that under SCMP the club's ownership can inject money as a donation rather than a loan, and that donation will simply count as turnover. This seems to be a very big difference from the FFP rules which operate in higher divisions.

More info here:
http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php
Login to get fewer ads

Arvin Appiah on 17:46 - Jul 5 with 1515 viewsStokieBlue

Arvin Appiah on 17:33 - Jul 5 by HighgateBlue

As others have said, the advantage of a loan is that it would appear that one can get round SCMP by not paying much of the player's wages, but paying the parent club a loan fee, which is not a salary. Big incentive to loan players it seems to me.

But in any event, it would /appear/ that under SCMP the club's ownership can inject money as a donation rather than a loan, and that donation will simply count as turnover. This seems to be a very big difference from the FFP rules which operate in higher divisions.

More info here:
http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/scmp.php

Yes, if the owners are so inclined they can simply inject money to bring the turnover above the 60% ratio.

My point isn't really about finances, it's about not wanting another team of loans who move on again at the end of the year. That model hasn't really served us too well up to this point.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Arvin Appiah on 18:53 - Jul 5 with 1312 viewsjeera

Cheers H.

We trust your access to inside info.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Arvin Appiah on 20:35 - Jul 5 with 1062 viewsxrayspecs

And the reason we are now attracting decent players is the agents know we will make it worthwhile.

Will be interesting to see our agent fee spend this year compared to the recent Evans years...
Arvin Appiah on 20:39 - Jul 5 with 1048 viewsMeadowlark

Would "deffo" be better than an incorrectly spelled definitely?
Arvin Appiah on 21:20 - Jul 5 with 941 viewsjeera

Arvin Appiah on 20:39 - Jul 5 by Meadowlark

Would "deffo" be better than an incorrectly spelled definitely?

Oi!

Arvin Appiah by jeera 5 Jul 2021 18:53
Cheers H.

We trust your access to inside info.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Arvin Appiah on 21:27 - Jul 5 with 910 viewsMeadowlark

SB

And isn't loaning what the loaner does?
As the recipient of the loanee, we wouldn't also be loaning. We'd be borrowing, Shirley!
Arvin Appiah on 21:33 - Jul 5 with 879 viewsStokieBlue

But once again the evidence over two seasons shows that it's not a great way to go about things.

We aren't in the same position as those teams, cash injections can be made which get around the turnover rules if the ownership deem it the right way to go.

If that isn't the way to go I'd probably prefer slightly lesser signings on a perm than 5 loans.

SB

Arvin Appiah on 21:39 - Jul 5 with 855 viewsTomTheWriter

Arvin Appiah on 21:33 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

But once again the evidence over two seasons shows that it's not a great way to go about things.

We aren't in the same position as those teams, cash injections can be made which get around the turnover rules if the ownership deem it the right way to go.

If that isn't the way to go I'd probably prefer slightly lesser signings on a perm than 5 loans.

SB

I'd hope to think that Cook's main targets this summer would have been permanent deals. Maybe, he identified players on a permanent that were just too far out of reach. Wouldn't be surprised if we found out later in the window that Macauley Bonne was signed because we couldn't bring in Colby Bishop.

Maybe Cook's pyramid of signings go from: money signings - loans - free agents?

Arvin Appiah on 21:42 - Jul 5 with 837 viewsStokieBlue

Arvin Appiah on 21:39 - Jul 5 by TomTheWriter

I'd hope to think that Cook's main targets this summer would have been permanent deals. Maybe, he identified players on a permanent that were just too far out of reach. Wouldn't be surprised if we found out later in the window that Macauley Bonne was signed because we couldn't bring in Colby Bishop.

Maybe Cook's pyramid of signings go from: money signings - loans - free agents?

We can only speculate on the motivations and opinions of Cook.

However browsing the forum I've just seen that Phil thinks Celina (if it happens) will be on a permanent so perhaps there is more money available than you are attributing in the post I originally replied to.

Either way, the less loans the better unless it's someone utterly ludicrous.

SB

Arvin Appiah on 21:45 - Jul 5 with 814 viewsTomTheWriter

Arvin Appiah on 21:42 - Jul 5 by StokieBlue

We can only speculate on the motivations and opinions of Cook.

However browsing the forum I've just seen that Phil thinks Celina (if it happens) will be on a permanent so perhaps there is more money available than you are attributing in the post I originally replied to.

Either way, the less loans the better unless it's someone utterly ludicrous.

SB

Very true. Very few of us know what's going on between Cook and Ashton. I always find it interesting that some 'bigger' teams focusing entirely on loans rather than transfer. Someone like Lincoln springs to mind, their handling of the loan market is always very good, but you worry for when they eventually get promoted and are building a team that consists of about 10 players.

Was very surprised myself to see Phil saying it was a permanent. I had dismissed it purely because of past transfer fee, wages, club level etc. but if the new owners are happy to make this investment I guess we have to sit back and hope it works out. Because we know, if it does, then it's a very ingenious move from them.

Arvin Appiah on 21:54 - Jul 5 with 784 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don’t mind whether they’re loans or permanents, as long as they’re good enough. The issue we’ve had with loans recently is that they’ve been poor players. The fixation on loan players being a bad thing is a bit odd imo, as plenty of clubs use them successfully. If the loans improve the team and make the difference nobody’s going to be complaining come the end of the season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Arvin Appiah on 22:03 - Jul 5 with 748 viewsTomTheWriter

Arvin Appiah on 21:54 - Jul 5 by Swansea_Blue

I don’t mind whether they’re loans or permanents, as long as they’re good enough. The issue we’ve had with loans recently is that they’ve been poor players. The fixation on loan players being a bad thing is a bit odd imo, as plenty of clubs use them successfully. If the loans improve the team and make the difference nobody’s going to be complaining come the end of the season.

I think, and I'm speaking solely for myself here not the fanbase, that have been 'unblessed' with loan signings the past few years. You look at what Brennan Johnson and Morgan Rogers did for Lincoln last year, that's what you want from your loan players.

Over the last three seasons, we've had 19 players on loan at the club. I think 6 made a big/good impact on the club. McGuinness, Parrott, Garbutt, Keane, Pennington, Chalobah. Only players I can think where I think they added something to the team, and gave us something different then we already had. The other 13, just weren't good enough, and that puts you off loan deals

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024