Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many times do you reckon... 10:54 - Jul 5 with 2134 viewsOriginalMarkyP

... we're all hitting the refresh button on here at the moment?

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

How many times do you reckon... on 10:56 - Jul 5 with 2122 viewsSouperJim

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

How many times do you reckon... on 11:01 - Jul 5 with 2079 viewsAlanRetentive

I believe that to be an impossible question to answer. Were you to put it as "at what average frequency do you believe the totality of Those Were The Days forum users are refreshing their browser views so far this morning?", I might be able to hazard a guess, but your question, as it is currently posited is too open.

*** Puch Maxi N Owners Club, Social Distancing Officer (SoDOff) and Undersecretary for The Verification of Vaccinations And Testing (UTVVAT) 2021 ***

How many times do you reckon... on 11:01 - Jul 5 with 2069 viewsSouperJim

How many times do you reckon... on 11:01 - Jul 5 by AlanRetentive

I believe that to be an impossible question to answer. Were you to put it as "at what average frequency do you believe the totality of Those Were The Days forum users are refreshing their browser views so far this morning?", I might be able to hazard a guess, but your question, as it is currently posited is too open.

Well I managed it Alan.

How many times do you reckon... on 11:03 - Jul 5 with 2043 viewsAlanRetentive

How many times do you reckon... on 11:01 - Jul 5 by SouperJim

Well I managed it Alan.

I had rather assumed that your answer was somewhat flippant, but I apologise if I am mistaken in that assumption. Do you mean seven refreshes in total on the Those Were The Days forum this morning?

*** Puch Maxi N Owners Club, Social Distancing Officer (SoDOff) and Undersecretary for The Verification of Vaccinations And Testing (UTVVAT) 2021 ***

How many times do you reckon... on 11:04 - Jul 5 with 2032 viewsN2_Blue

Got to be good for Phil in terms of clicks for ad revenue.

Perhaps he is just trolling us all with the Celina story as it's been a little quiet recently.

Only joking Phil....well sort of. You wouldn't do that to us would you

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

How many times do you reckon... on 11:05 - Jul 5 with 2030 viewsSouperJim

How many times do you reckon... on 11:03 - Jul 5 by AlanRetentive

I had rather assumed that your answer was somewhat flippant, but I apologise if I am mistaken in that assumption. Do you mean seven refreshes in total on the Those Were The Days forum this morning?

In line with the original post, I mean we're all hitting the refresh button 7 times on here at the moment.

How many times do you reckon... on 11:06 - Jul 5 with 2017 viewsEwan_Oozami

How many times do you reckon... on 11:05 - Jul 5 by SouperJim

In line with the original post, I mean we're all hitting the refresh button 7 times on here at the moment.

That was your 8th refresh.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

How many times do you reckon... on 11:11 - Jul 5 with 1968 viewsAlanRetentive

How many times do you reckon... on 11:05 - Jul 5 by SouperJim

I apologise as I do, on the odd occasion, get just a touch pedantic about these things, but as far as I am aware a 'moment' is an indefinitely short period of time, and I fail to see how anybody could refresh a browser view more than once in any given 'moment' when one considers recoil time of a keyboard F5 press, or the same on a mouse button, or even a touch screen of one of these new-fangled Sharp-phones. In any case, the precise moment of interest has not been specified, so I do not believe a valid answer can be given.

Login to get fewer ads

How many times do you reckon... on 11:31 - Jul 5 with 1884 viewsAlanRetentive

How many times do you reckon... on 11:11 - Jul 5 by AlanRetentive

I apologise as I do, on the odd occasion, get just a touch pedantic about these things, but as far as I am aware a 'moment' is an indefinitely short period of time, and I fail to see how anybody could refresh a browser view more than once in any given 'moment' when one considers recoil time of a keyboard F5 press, or the same on a mouse button, or even a touch screen of one of these new-fangled Sharp-phones. In any case, the precise moment of interest has not been specified, so I do not believe a valid answer can be given.

I has been suggested to me that I have become a little over-insistent on the accuracy of communications since I was given an additional responsibility at the Puch Maxi N Owners Club, where in addition to my role as Social Distancing Officer, I am now also the deputy responsible for checking that members have indeed been Covid-vaccinated or tested upon entry to events, as the Undersecretary for The Verification of Vaccinations And Testing.

My full title at the club, therefore, is now 'Alan Retentive (SoDOff, UTVVAT)', and I am addressed as such in all formal communications and indeed in many informal settings too, much to my pleasure.

How many times do you reckon... on 11:32 - Jul 5 with 1874 viewsSouperJim

How many times do you reckon... on 11:11 - Jul 5 by AlanRetentive

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_(time)

How many times do you reckon... on 11:34 - Jul 5 with 1863 viewsSouperJim

How many times do you reckon... on 11:06 - Jul 5 by Ewan_Oozami

That was your 8th refresh.....

Probably far more, but not my 8th time hitting the refresh button.

It remains unclear whether F5 counts.

How many times do you reckon... on 11:37 - Jul 5 with 1832 viewsAlanRetentive

How many times do you reckon... on 11:32 - Jul 5 by SouperJim

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_(time)

I shall of course, as ever, defer to the Venerable Bede on the matter.

Thank you for educating me on this.

How many times do you reckon... on 11:38 - Jul 5 with 1821 viewsOldboy

I am doing it every 5 minutes or so.
How many times do you reckon... on 11:39 - Jul 5 with 1808 viewsStokieBlue

Gav has already written a script for you, it's in the settings if you want the forum to refresh automatically at a set number of minutes.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

How many times do you reckon... on 11:39 - Jul 5 with 1808 viewsNthQldITFC

How many times do you reckon... on 11:38 - Jul 5 by Oldboy

I am doing it every 5 minutes or so.

You'll go blind.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How many times do you reckon... on 11:40 - Jul 5 with 1800 viewswkj

Not so much for me today - It seems rare we get anything happening on Mondays, tomorrow on the other hand...

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How many times do you reckon... on 11:41 - Jul 5 with 1789 viewshype313

How many times do you reckon... on 11:40 - Jul 5 by wkj

Not so much for me today - It seems rare we get anything happening on Mondays, tomorrow on the other hand...

You can now see why Bob Geldof was upset.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

How many times do you reckon... on 11:42 - Jul 5 with 1768 viewsEdwardStone

How many times do you reckon... on 11:39 - Jul 5 by NthQldITFC

You'll go blind.

Impressive for a self-confessed Old Boy

Have an "uppie"
How many times do you reckon... on 11:49 - Jul 5 with 1715 viewsSouperJim

How many times do you reckon... on 11:37 - Jul 5 by AlanRetentive

I shall of course, as ever, defer to the Venerable Bede on the matter.

Thank you for educating me on this.

Therefore, in the interests of full accuracy, 1 refresh every 0.46' seconds.

How many times do you reckon... on 12:13 - Jul 5 with 1628 viewsclive_baker

How many times do you reckon... on 11:40 - Jul 5 by wkj

Spill the beans, who is arriving tomorrow?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How many times do you reckon... on 12:14 - Jul 5 with 1610 viewswkj

How many times do you reckon... on 12:13 - Jul 5 by clive_baker

Spill the beans, who is arriving tomorrow?

Giooooooooooooooooooo Def Info... ITK

I think that's the standard quality of a self proclaimed ITK'er

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How many times do you reckon... on 12:22 - Jul 5 with 1558 viewsclive_baker

How many times do you reckon... on 12:14 - Jul 5 by wkj

Giooooooooooooooooooo Def Info... ITK

I think that's the standard quality of a self proclaimed ITK'er

Imagine the scenes. Not sure an aging and injury prone Dos Santos would be that exciting in reality but purely on sentiment I would be absolutely buzzing. Might as well get Counago out of retirement while we're at it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

How many times do you reckon... on 12:55 - Jul 5 with 1439 viewsBiGDonnie

How many times do you reckon... on 11:01 - Jul 5 by SouperJim

Well I managed it Alan.

Haha!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

How many times do you reckon... on 13:49 - Jul 5 with 1305 viewsAlanRetentive

How many times do you reckon... on 11:31 - Jul 5 by AlanRetentive

I has been suggested to me that I have become a little over-insistent on the accuracy of communications since I was given an additional responsibility at the Puch Maxi N Owners Club, where in addition to my role as Social Distancing Officer, I am now also the deputy responsible for checking that members have indeed been Covid-vaccinated or tested upon entry to events, as the Undersecretary for The Verification of Vaccinations And Testing.

My full title at the club, therefore, is now 'Alan Retentive (SoDOff, UTVVAT)', and I am addressed as such in all formal communications and indeed in many informal settings too, much to my pleasure.

Be in no doubt that this forum is well read north of the River Waveney. After first mentioning my new Owners Club responsibilities on here only this morning I took to my trusty Puch Maxi N for a trip up the A140 to visit my cousin Bertrand. Having stopped for a comfort break in Long Stratton, I was pleased upon leaving the public toilets to be recognised and accosted by a gentleman who called out loudly "Alan Retentive (SoDOff, UTVVAT)!"

I should just point out to the gentleman concerned though that my surname is, in fact, French in origin, and as such is properly pronounced 'Ray-Tohn-Teef'.

I might also add that there really is no need to accompany such a greeting with a hand-gesture which might, in other circumstances, be viewed as aggressive or insulting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024