Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop 10:29 - Jun 23 with 3734 viewsfatronaldo

Sad to see him leave. Only player in our old squad with some real talent and ability and the only creative spark last season.

His form in the start of the season helped us to not get dragged into a relegation battle come the end..

But we move on, onwards and upwards!
Bishop on 10:33 - Jun 23 with 3270 viewsStokieBlue

Unfortunately he's 25 in a few months and has never really pushed on to do it consistently.

Some brilliant flashes and good spells but injuries really haven't helped him.

I suspect if he wasn't an academy graduate there wouldn't be so much disappointment at the possibility of him moving on.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bishop on 10:33 - Jun 23 with 3249 viewsfergalsharkey

what talent?

ive never seen it, been here a million years and had a good 10 minutes for the reserves in 2017.

Not good enough for league 2 let alone the championship.

Poll: Cook out?

Bishop on 10:41 - Jun 23 with 3195 viewshype313

It's sad in respect that he's an academy product and showed some glimpses of excitement 5 years ago, but the fact that Cambridge Utd and MK Dons are the only real interest shows that we won't be losing a huge talent.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bishop on 10:43 - Jun 23 with 3168 viewsfatronaldo

Bishop on 10:33 - Jun 23 by fergalsharkey

what talent?

ive never seen it, been here a million years and had a good 10 minutes for the reserves in 2017.

He has a great drive when on the ball. Nice speed when he takes people on and can create things on his own.

The overall sh*tshow of a club we have been during his career coupled with no other creative players at all around him hasn't helped him bring out his best sides in full, neither has his injuries.

Not saying it's not the wrong move to let him go, just sad.
Bishop on 10:44 - Jun 23 with 3156 viewsSamWhiteUK

what talent?

Voted the wrong way on this, but that should be clear to anyone who reads the comment
Bishop on 11:17 - Jun 23 with 3025 viewsSteve_M

The question is how he looked so good at the start of last season but came back from injury a shadow of that player. That injury because Shrewsbury basically kicked him off the pitch remember.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bishop on 11:22 - Jun 23 with 2977 viewsElderGrizzly

Bishop on 10:33 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

Unfortunately he's 25 in a few months and has never really pushed on to do it consistently.

I suspect if he wasn't an academy graduate there wouldn't be so much disappointment at the possibility of him moving on.

SB

And the fact he is being linked with Cambridge and MK Dons.

There is clearly talent there, but nowhere near the "one of our own" hype that has been added on top
Bishop on 11:31 - Jun 23 with 2919 viewsclive_baker

It's a massive season for him in the context of his career really. At 25 he needs to prove he's fit and rip it up somewhere, scoring and creating, playing 40+ games in L1 and being a bit of a bigger fish I think. If he can do that, then it's not unthinkable that he could play in the Championship again, but one thing he can't afford is to sit at a club where he's not liked by the manager. He's missed so much football, he needs to make up for that now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Bishop on 11:32 - Jun 23 with 2918 viewsitfc48

Love watching Bish play however he's one of those you wonder how to fit in the team. Not physical enough or good enough defensively to play in a midfield 2 at this level and his goals and assist output isn't good enough for a 10.
Bishop on 11:32 - Jun 23 with 2916 viewsBluefish

SB

That is a nonsense. His ability is miles ahead of the others, he was the only player that could drop a shoulder to beat a man. He was comfortable in the tightest areas in midfield and he gave us real drive. We haven't had a player like that since mcgoldrick and for some reason many of our supporters also tried to downplay him as well. The issue for Bishop has purely been injuries and last season was his 2nd best return for that, we won't see another player like him for a long time. Academy or no Academy it is a big shame, Flying has a higher stature in the game and is an excellent all round player but he doesn't have the natural ability of Bishop. Someone will get an exceptional player with a very high bar

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bishop on 11:34 - Jun 23 with 2892 viewschrismakin

Bishop on 11:32 - Jun 23 by Bluefish

That is a nonsense. His ability is miles ahead of the others, he was the only player that could drop a shoulder to beat a man. He was comfortable in the tightest areas in midfield and he gave us real drive. We haven't had a player like that since mcgoldrick and for some reason many of our supporters also tried to downplay him as well. The issue for Bishop has purely been injuries and last season was his 2nd best return for that, we won't see another player like him for a long time. Academy or no Academy it is a big shame, Flying has a higher stature in the game and is an excellent all round player but he doesn't have the natural ability of Bishop. Someone will get an exceptional player with a very high bar

What others?

1 has moved to QPR
1 is linked with Barnsley

Bish is linked with MK Dons.

Who are you comparing Bish to?

Issue with Bish for me, what is he? he's not a DM, not a 10, not box to box, not a wide man. I'm unsure what his position is.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bishop on 11:40 - Jun 23 with 2832 viewsStokieBlue

I think it might help if you actually read peoples posts and gather the context before you go off on one.

I've said he has brilliant flashes, there is no debate about that but I stand by my opinion that he doesn't do it often enough and he's not 18 anymore - we can't continually make excuses for him because he's one of our own.

Injuries have really affected him and that's not his fault but it has made a difference to his career path.

Why are only Mk Dons and Cambridge interested in him?

You really have no respect for anyone else's opinion, it's either agree with Bluefish or it's nonsense.

It's rather tiresome.

SB
[Post edited 23 Jun 2021 11:41]

Bishop on 11:41 - Jun 23 with 2815 viewsRadlett_blue

SB

Indeed. After his hugely promising first season as a teenager, he's never fulfilled his potential. While this is probably partly down to injuries, I think we need to stop romanticising about a player who is 25 soon & is realistically now no more than a 3rd or 4th tier journeyman.
The same may apply to Lankester, who while only 21, doesn't look ready to play a big part in a promotion challenge.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I think he'll do well at MK Dons on 11:43 - Jun 23 with 2794 viewsunstableblue

Style will suit

MK Dons will have a good season if they can get a striker in as well

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Bishop on 11:47 - Jun 23 with 2767 viewsclive_baker

Bishop on 11:34 - Jun 23 by chrismakin

What others?

1 has moved to QPR
1 is linked with Barnsley

Bish is linked with MK Dons.

Who are you comparing Bish to?

Issue with Bish for me, what is he? he's not a DM, not a 10, not box to box, not a wide man. I'm unsure what his position is.

I've said this before and I stand by it, I actually think he could be a 'wide man', or at least an inverted one. In that front 3 we play, I wanted to see him given a chance on the right hand side playing closer to the front man. His ability to beat a man, drop a shoulder and create from advanced areas should've been a weapon for us. He's a nice passer of the ball too, he can spot a pass. I would've used him as a sort of poor mans Grealish / Foden if you will, with KVY overlapping, and utilising the inevitable set pieces Bishop would win in advanced areas.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2021 11:53]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bishop on 11:50 - Jun 23 with 2746 viewsGiroJim

Not sad. Time to go,better for both parties. But we do need some players in. Get your fingers out Ashton and Cook. The squad looks cr@p at the moment.
Bishop on 12:07 - Jun 23 with 2683 viewsCaptMickMills

what talent?

Was decent for us in Championship but impacted severely by injuries.

If keeps fit (???) easily good enough for Championship. Will have benefitted from playing a fair number of games last season. Has ability not many have to dribble past players in centre of field and gains lots of free kicks.

Probably play better in a better team. Was good at start of last season but not so much after coming back from injury.
Bishop on 12:11 - Jun 23 with 2657 viewsBluefish

Bishop on 11:40 - Jun 23 by StokieBlue

I think it might help if you actually read peoples posts and gather the context before you go off on one.

I've said he has brilliant flashes, there is no debate about that but I stand by my opinion that he doesn't do it often enough and he's not 18 anymore - we can't continually make excuses for him because he's one of our own.

Injuries have really affected him and that's not his fault but it has made a difference to his career path.

Why are only Mk Dons and Cambridge interested in him?

You really have no respect for anyone else's opinion, it's either agree with Bluefish or it's nonsense.

It's rather tiresome.

SB
[Post edited 23 Jun 2021 11:41]

Not my fault you post nonsense. I'm sure you are good at other stuff though. Have a nap and come back and you might learn, you need to pay attention and get less angry though.

Cheers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Bishop on 12:12 - Jun 23 with 2654 viewsGeomorph

what talent?

I saw him make a nice crossfield run in a 0 0 draw at the Reebok about 5 years ago
Bishop on 12:15 - Jun 23 with 2640 viewsStokieBlue

Bishop on 12:11 - Jun 23 by Bluefish

Not my fault you post nonsense. I'm sure you are good at other stuff though. Have a nap and come back and you might learn, you need to pay attention and get less angry though.

Cheers

It's not my fault if you are unable to read what is written and then post nonsense.

I'm not angry, you've only made yourself look silly.

Have a great day.

SB

Bishop on 12:17 - Jun 23 with 2623 viewsRobTheMonk

Always thought he had the ability but not the body to keep up.

Great player if he can stay fit and one that might come back to bite us.
Bishop on 12:24 - Jun 23 with 2596 viewsSouperJim

Are you seriously comparing Bishop with McGoldrick? That is top class twaddle.

Bishop clearly has some ability, but he has a terrible injury/fitness record and fails to perform consistently (obviously there is some cause and effect there).

In all likelihood he will be crocked again within a few months. An exceptional player with a very high bar isn't much use sat on the treatment table. As the OP said, it's a shame, but that's life.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Bishop on 12:35 - Jun 23 with 2553 viewsSomethingBlue

This one may come back to haunt us, and MK Dons are going to be a force next season incidentally.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bishop on 13:02 - Jun 23 with 2474 viewsHarry_Palmer

SB

You are quite correct in what you are saying but I would personally keep him around as a squad player. He can play in the midfield two or the three behind the striker and I think we will struggle to get a squad player of his quality at this level.

As always with Bishop though it is a question of whether he would be fit for long enough periods to be of value.
Bishop on 13:04 - Jun 23 with 2454 viewsStokieBlue

Bishop on 13:02 - Jun 23 by Harry_Palmer

You are quite correct in what you are saying but I would personally keep him around as a squad player. He can play in the midfield two or the three behind the striker and I think we will struggle to get a squad player of his quality at this level.

As always with Bishop though it is a question of whether he would be fit for long enough periods to be of value.

I wouldn't be against keeping him (especially as we don't have any other players at the moment).

I also wouldn't be against him going for the reasons in my opening post.

At the moment we have no squad and it's starting to become a bit of a worry.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024