Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live 09:45 - May 30 with 5746 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

I’ll start - Messi, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Lewandowski & Suarez

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 12:08 - May 30 with 1975 viewsOldboy

Messi is probably the only one of those that would have lasted 5 minutes in the 70s or 80s, whereas our sides of that time would still be top 10 Prem. Think of Leicester today, but better.
Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 12:08 - May 30 with 1974 viewsLeaky

Best, Greaves,Pele, Cruyff & Eusabio
Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 12:14 - May 30 with 1956 viewspelles321

Neymar, Bergkamp, Keane, Cantona and if I’m honest, Matt Le Tissier!
Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 12:22 - May 30 with 1941 viewstractordownsouth

Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey, Daryl Murphy.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 12:27 - May 30 with 1934 viewssolemio

He may not have been the greatest I saw, but I loved watching Zola play more than any other non- Ipswich player.

The only centre back as good as the Beat was Bobby Moore.

Keane got mentioned in one post and I have to admit that he was a very good player. I saw him play for a Rest of the World XI at the Camp Nou in a star-studded team and he was outstanding. I also saw him played out of a game at FPR by Steve Palmer.
Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 14:06 - May 30 with 1898 views26_Paz

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 11:31 - May 30 by The_Last_Baron

Lampard? Really?

John Wark, Tugay Kerimoglu, Paul Scholes, Arnold Muhren, Thierry Henry. Gerrard would be the 6th.

I've seen many 'greats' live who were far from great on the day, such as Ronaldo (slim) and Alan Shearer.

I think lamps was hugely under rated. His goal record from midfield is unmatched

The Paz Man

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 15:59 - May 30 with 1863 viewsTractorCam

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 11:10 - May 30 by cressi

Xavi , lnesta, B Charlton,
Dalglish and Beattie

Ah Iniesta played in my Barca match so i'm throwing him in for Neymar

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 16:10 - May 30 with 1851 viewsElephantintheRoom

Danny Hegan, Ray Crawford, Colin Viljoen, Allan Hunter, Kevin Beattie

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 16:41 - May 30 with 1842 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 14:06 - May 30 by 26_Paz

I think lamps was hugely under rated. His goal record from midfield is unmatched

He was John Wark minus the aerial power and tackling prowess. Also wasn't as good at pens. He was a better dead ball man though. Both Gerrard and Scholes superior.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 17:02 - May 30 with 1838 viewshoppy

I’ve not included any town players in my top 5, as would have trouble picking one if I didn’t pick them all... so my 5 would probably be in no particular order..

Bergkamp, Gazza, Ronaldinho, Messi, Hoddle.

Probably many others I can’t remember at the moment, and others I’ve had to leave out like Figo, Xavi, Deco, Cantona, Henry, Le Tissier to name a few.

If I could include a 6th and a Town player, then could probably add Jay Tabb to the list...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 18:16 - May 30 with 1816 viewsPendejo

Is that best as biggest names or actual performance on the pitch?

I remember seeing Cruyff, but he was bossed by Osbourne, Platini anonymous, Boniek similarly anonymous.

Best performances I can recall...
Dalglish (can't remember which season, probably more than one)
Gazza (for England before WC90)
Hoddle (for Spurs and Swindon)
Wright (Arsenal)
Some teenaged scarecrow lookalike goalkeeper six fingered unt

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 18:21 - May 30 with 1809 viewsronnyd

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 12:27 - May 30 by solemio

He may not have been the greatest I saw, but I loved watching Zola play more than any other non- Ipswich player.

The only centre back as good as the Beat was Bobby Moore.

Keane got mentioned in one post and I have to admit that he was a very good player. I saw him play for a Rest of the World XI at the Camp Nou in a star-studded team and he was outstanding. I also saw him played out of a game at FPR by Steve Palmer.

Got to agree with you re Zola, Was great to watch and he lit up the Prem when he arrived.
Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 18:27 - May 30 with 1801 viewsjas0999

Eric Cantona, Ronaldo, Henry,I Wright, Suarez

I pick Ian Wright as every time I saw him play at PR he was always a threat. Absolutely ran rings around Micky Stockwell if I remember correctly. As for Cantona, he would often be so quiet for the first twenty minutes of the game and then turn it on.
Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 21:09 - May 30 with 1754 viewsSibelius8

Stanley Matthews, The Beat, Franz Thijssen, George Best, Ted Phillips.......
Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 21:25 - May 30 with 1747 viewsLesta_Tractor

Icardi, Honda, Roy Keane, Seedorf, Gerrard

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 23:11 - May 30 with 1723 viewsMerthyrblue

Best, Moore, Beattie, Ronaldo, Law
Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 23:52 - May 30 with 1701 viewsKropotkin123

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 12:08 - May 30 by Leaky

Best, Greaves,Pele, Cruyff & Eusabio

Eusebio's stats are crazy...

games (goals)
1957—1960 Sporting Lourenço Marques 42 (77)
1961—1975 Benfica 301 (317)
1961—1973 Portugal 64 (41)

People rarely talk about him in the same way that they talk about other greats. How good was he? What made him so prolific?

For my one... Seedorf, Giggs, Scholes, Bergkamp and Henry

I don't remember any of them playing that well when I saw them. Single best player I saw, when he was actually playing well was Juninho (Lyon). He was so much better than anyone else on the pitch. Scored an awesome freekick and just dominated the attacking play.

Lists like this are too short for defensive players... Sorry Rio, Stam, Zanetti, etc

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 00:36 - May 31 with 1685 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 11:47 - May 30 by gordon

Pirlo, Ronaldinho, Cantona, Modric, Uhlenbeek

Beattie, Wark, Ivan Campo (although not when I watched him), Muhren, Finidi George (although not when I watched him.

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 00:38 - May 31 with 1684 viewsmylittletown

Beattie (Yes, he was that good), Best, R.Charlton, Cruyff, Gazza

Very honourable mentions to Fernando Hierro, a majestic footballer, and Bryan Robson.
Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 00:46 - May 31 with 1683 viewsRyorry

I cannot take this list seriously when we're halfway down p2 and still no-one has yet mentioned

ALAN BRAZIL!

Brazil 5 - 2 Southampton

https://www.worldfootball.net/report/premier-league-1981-1982-ipswich-town-south

I'll think of the rest later!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 04:06 - May 31 with 1659 viewsBondiBlue

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 11:47 - May 30 by gordon

Pirlo, Ronaldinho, Cantona, Modric, Uhlenbeek

Dammit thought i'd get to be the first to say Cantona.

Ronaldo (no.9), Bergkamp, Scholes, Cantona, Stam.

Heavy on Man Utd players but those ferguson teams had an aura about them.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 06:52 - May 31 with 1645 viewsBlueBoots

Zidane...

...then you can pick 4 from these: Maldini, Guardiola, Gullit, Gazza, Henry, Raul, Van Basten

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 10:56 - May 31 with 1593 viewssolemio

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 18:21 - May 30 by ronnyd

Got to agree with you re Zola, Was great to watch and he lit up the Prem when he arrived.

He always seemed such a nice guy too. In fact when he was still playing I remember people saying he was probably too nice to make a success of being a manager, which seems to have been correct.

I also recall him being amazed when he first came to this country that people drank cappuccinos after 11 in the morning. (cappuccini?)
Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 11:06 - May 31 with 1588 viewsRyorry

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 10:56 - May 31 by solemio

He always seemed such a nice guy too. In fact when he was still playing I remember people saying he was probably too nice to make a success of being a manager, which seems to have been correct.

I also recall him being amazed when he first came to this country that people drank cappuccinos after 11 in the morning. (cappuccini?)

After you downvoted Alan Brazil, I'm not speaking to you on this or anything else for the rest of the day!!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 11:34 - May 31 with 1581 viewssolemio

Best 5 footballers you’ve seen play live on 11:06 - May 31 by Ryorry

After you downvoted Alan Brazil, I'm not speaking to you on this or anything else for the rest of the day!!

I once said on here that I was hoping one day to find a post of yours with which I disagreed.
I've found it.

Brazil : good player, especially one on one with the keeper (as good as Marcus Stewart).
Top five players ever seen? I can think of more than five ITFC players than whom he was not better! Beattie, Mariner, Wark, Crawford, 2 Dutchmen, Mick Mills, Phillips, Butch, Burley, Whymark.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024