Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How will England fare in the Euros? 11:40 - Jun 1 with 1060 viewsMerseyBlue

How will England fair in the Euros?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 11:42]

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

How will England fare in the Euros? on 11:42 - Jun 1 with 1024 viewsMerseyBlue

Ammendment made to my awful spelling of the question

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

How will England fare in the Euros? on 11:59 - Jun 1 with 951 viewsquirkie

I just had a peak at the schedule.

If England, big if as usual, but if England win Group D, they will play the runners up in Group F (group of death), so probably Germany, France or Portugal and out England go as usual.

On the other hand if England come 2nd in Group D, they will play the runners up in Group E, which on paper should be slightly easier, probably Sweden, Poland or Slovakia.

So probably pay for England to throw the Croatia game :)

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:02 - Jun 1 with 926 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How will England fare in the Euros? on 11:42 - Jun 1 by MerseyBlue

It has edited the title but not the actual question. I presume the question cannot be edited as would rather render polls pointless if you can change the question after people have voted.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:06 - Jun 1 with 904 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How will England fare in the Euros? on 11:59 - Jun 1 by quirkie

If England, big if as usual, but if England win Group D, they will play the runners up in Group F (group of death), so probably Germany, France or Portugal and out England go as usual.

On the other hand if England come 2nd in Group D, they will play the runners up in Group E, which on paper should be slightly easier, probably Sweden, Poland or Slovakia.

Our first match?

What could possibly go wrong with that approach?

Now thinking I will change my vote to not make it out of group stages.

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:14 - Jun 1 with 854 viewsJackSted

Even if we finish 3rd there's a good chance we'll still go through. Not sure who we'd be paired up against though

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:23 - Jun 1 with 809 viewsSparky85

As much as I hate to say it, we will start well, win the group and then get knocked out by the French or Germans in the second round
How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:25 - Jun 1 with 804 viewsMerseyBlue

We have some fantastic players but I haven't seen a fantastic team performance from England of late. Players like Rashford and Sterling are out of form but are inevitably going to be picked. I'm not hugely optimistic and think as soon as we face a proper side we'll crumble by trying to play too defensively. Really hope I'm wrong!

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:27 - Jun 1 with 791 viewsMerseyBlue

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:02 - Jun 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

It has edited the title but not the actual question. I presume the question cannot be edited as would rather render polls pointless if you can change the question after people have voted.

At least it looks alright at first glance, the actual question will have to be a monument to my lax attitude to spelling!

Login to get fewer ads

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:30 - Jun 1 with 763 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:23 - Jun 1 by Sparky85

As much as I hate to say it, we will start well, win the group and then get knocked out by the French or Germans in the second round

Top a group containing Croatia, Czech Republic and Scotland? Hmm. I am hoping we don't mess up against Scotland and can do enough against the other two to get through the group stages. Croatia were far too good for us last time we met them in a tournament. Czech Republic generally have the better of us and Scotland won't be laying down and letting us win. EDIT: I see the actual record against Czech Republic is in our favour with one good win and 2 draws.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 12:35]

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:34 - Jun 1 with 738 viewsfooters

How will England fare in the Euros? on 11:42 - Jun 1 by MerseyBlue

Shouldn't it read: "How will England fail in the Euros?"

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:34 - Jun 1 with 737 viewschicoazul

They’ll lose to the first top level team they play as always.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:36 - Jun 1 with 724 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:34 - Jun 1 by chicoazul

They’ll lose to the first top level team they play as always.

Croatia?

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:36 - Jun 1 with 720 viewsMerseyBlue

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:34 - Jun 1 by footers

Shouldn't it read: "How will England fail in the Euros?"

I'm trying to keep an open mind about it for the time being, although I suspect you may be right

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:38 - Jun 1 with 708 viewsSparky85

How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:30 - Jun 1 by Nthsuffolkblue

Top a group containing Croatia, Czech Republic and Scotland? Hmm. I am hoping we don't mess up against Scotland and can do enough against the other two to get through the group stages. Croatia were far too good for us last time we met them in a tournament. Czech Republic generally have the better of us and Scotland won't be laying down and letting us win. EDIT: I see the actual record against Czech Republic is in our favour with one good win and 2 draws.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 12:35]

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but Croatia aren't the team they used to be that beat us. They have lost to Slovenia and Sweden recently. We should be more than good enough to beat the Czech's and Scots.

Not saying we will...... but we should
How will England fare in the Euros? on 12:41 - Jun 1 with 693 viewsDarth_Koont

You’ll get out of the group and then home advantage *should* take you a long way.

But with the lottery of who you’ll play in the last 16 who knows? Like when Brazil came up against Germany in 2014. The better team didn’t just win – it made a mockery of home advantage.

Pronouns: He/Him

How will England fare in the Euros? on 13:02 - Jun 1 with 649 viewsCaptainAhab

You could easily make a case for any eventuality for England, from going home ignominiously (though surely less likely than previous tournaments, right?) to somehow making it all the way...
I normally just want England to avoid embarrassment at tournaments, but after the last WC and the past couple of years of progress I'm actually excited by our potential. Like others though my big fear is coming up against the French or Germans (or Portuguese for that matter) and having another plucky exit.
I've split the difference on the poll and gone with a 1/4s loss.
How will England fare in the Euros? on 14:25 - Jun 1 with 530 viewsChrisd

England couldn't asked for more of a helping hand with this new format with most, if not all our games at Wembley. Hoping we go deep into this competition, the second round could be a real tough proposition though as Quirkie has rightly already highlighted. We are going to need to play well and have a bit of luck along the way.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2021 14:29]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024