Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... 07:29 - Apr 19 with 6204 viewsITFC_Forever

.... and leave the game for the rest of us to enjoy, untainted by their greed.

The only reason FIFA and UEFA are against it is because they didn’t think of it / get it up and running first.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 08:57 - Apr 19 with 1533 viewsgiant_stow

I would say the biggest losers in all of this are fans of those 6 clubs. None of them will want it.

If it actually happens, might there be fan-owned phoenix cubs coming? I don't know where Arsenal AFC or Chelsea AFC could possibly play thats anywhere close to where they are now, but they'd just have to lump that.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 08:58 - Apr 19 with 1531 viewsBluefish

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 08:55 - Apr 19 by Guthrum

In how many jobs could you be earning 52k in your early 20s?

Some but plenty where the drop down wouldn't be that big

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 08:59 - Apr 19 with 1520 viewsgiant_stow

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 08:57 - Apr 19 by noggin

Let's not forget, if the big 6 are kicked out of the Premier League, it would open up the possibility of Norwich being champions of England.

That was going to happen next season anyway - so sad that our triumph will be tainted.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:00 - Apr 19 with 1515 viewsGarv

The overriding thing for me is that, while I love football and sport, ultimately it doesn't matter this much.

Champions League games are special because they are not every week. They're a big event during the season where you can feel the effort that the clubs have put in to get there.

So instead we're going to have these kind of games every week, over and over? How dull is that?

Surely the players can make some kind of stand over it? Do they really want this?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:02 - Apr 19 with 1505 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 08:59 - Apr 19 by giant_stow

That was going to happen next season anyway - so sad that our triumph will be tainted.

Anything your lot does is, de facto, tainted.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:02 - Apr 19 with 1502 viewscressi

Bayern said no just greed how boring No relegation don't care about the fan's one little bit don't want the likes of Leicester in the champions league even if on merit AC Milan have being poor for yrs until this season but they hardly want Atlanta .
All about the money 💰
Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:03 - Apr 19 with 1491 viewsgiant_stow

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:00 - Apr 19 by Garv

The overriding thing for me is that, while I love football and sport, ultimately it doesn't matter this much.

Champions League games are special because they are not every week. They're a big event during the season where you can feel the effort that the clubs have put in to get there.

So instead we're going to have these kind of games every week, over and over? How dull is that?

Surely the players can make some kind of stand over it? Do they really want this?

Can the player contracts be enforced if circumstances have changed so much? I guess some will care only about money biut surely some will care about sporting achievement too?

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:05 - Apr 19 with 1481 viewsGuthrum

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 08:58 - Apr 19 by Bluefish

Some but plenty where the drop down wouldn't be that big

Of course, if it were a return to the 1970s model, there would be bonuses on top of that basic figure (win, goal, clean sheet), which could significantly inflate the bottom line for those with talent.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:09 - Apr 19 with 1461 viewsbluelagos

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 08:57 - Apr 19 by giant_stow

I would say the biggest losers in all of this are fans of those 6 clubs. None of them will want it.

If it actually happens, might there be fan-owned phoenix cubs coming? I don't know where Arsenal AFC or Chelsea AFC could possibly play thats anywhere close to where they are now, but they'd just have to lump that.

Know a fair few Liverpool fans and not heard one comment welcoming the move. They are disgusted much as Gary Neville was/is.

I would expect maybe a few Arsenal / Spurs fans to be lured by the prospect mainly as they know CL football every season is far from guaranteed.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:12 - Apr 19 with 1456 viewsm14_blue

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 08:29 - Apr 19 by Bluefish

I disagree. That is not enough, footballers have a very short career. 52k per annum isn't going to be enough for them especially when they are finished at 36 possibly earlier. Loads would choose different career paths instead

You may be right about the specific sums involved but footballers don’t die when they finish playing, they could always get another job..

Were you able to retire at 36?
Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:18 - Apr 19 with 1448 viewsgiant_stow

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:09 - Apr 19 by bluelagos

Know a fair few Liverpool fans and not heard one comment welcoming the move. They are disgusted much as Gary Neville was/is.

I would expect maybe a few Arsenal / Spurs fans to be lured by the prospect mainly as they know CL football every season is far from guaranteed.

Year, Liverpool bods seem rightly outraged. The Arsenal / Spurs bods I know are rightly embarrassed about it - they're both mid-table clubs this year - I can't see many wanting to 'qualify' like this.

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:21 - Apr 19 with 1437 viewsXYZ

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 08:55 - Apr 19 by Guthrum

In how many jobs could you be earning 52k in your early 20s?

In how many jobs are your most productive years <30 and where you risk a career-ending injury every week?

If you'd said £5k a week, I'd agree.
Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:28 - Apr 19 with 1431 viewsElephantintheRoom

I'm ambivalent - let them go and it should benefit the domestic game, assuming they are all kicked out of domestic leagues and competitions. I'm one of the vast majority that have no interest in what European 'competition' has become. This is more aimed at the global TV audience.

My preferred option is more along the lines suggested by Gary Neville. These clubs are actively consipiring against their fellow members of 'the football family'. Huge fines, European bans and compouslory relegation would be nice.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:29 - Apr 19 with 1424 viewschicoazul

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 07:48 - Apr 19 by Steve_M

Yes, and make it clear there are no B-teams allowed into the league structure.

Fk them and their insatiable greed.

You do know this will be our ultimate goal now too? We haven’t been bought by Americans by chance.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:32 - Apr 19 with 1413 viewsGuthrum

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:21 - Apr 19 by XYZ

In how many jobs are your most productive years <30 and where you risk a career-ending injury every week?

A construction worker risks a career-ending injury every working day.

The age of 30 doesn't seem too late for cricket and rugby players to get qualifications or learn a trade and go on to second careers. Same with footballers in the past. Reign in the lifestyle a bit and they could afford to put themselves through university debt-free.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:34 - Apr 19 with 1404 viewsRadlett_blue

Indeed. The explosion of moral outrage, largely from people who have done very well out of the exponential rise in football's TV revenue, is hilarious.
12 big clubs have decided to set up their own competition, which will replace the CL, as they don't like the way UEFA run it & would rather keep all the revenue themselves. Let's not kid ourselves - football has been a big business & about money ever since Sky arrived on the scene. The real battle will be over whether these clubs will be able to continue in their domestic leagues.
UEFA (and FIFA have been dreadful, corrupt custodians of the game. They still constantly fill any so called gaps in the fixture list with increasingly irrelevant extra competitions & international fixtures. Anything that weakens their control can't be all bad.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:35 - Apr 19 with 1401 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:21 - Apr 19 by XYZ

Why not a part time gig? Supplement your income by doing something else?

IF you don't want to pack it in when you are 35 then don't become a footballer. I can guarantee you there will be thousands willing to take your place.
Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:36 - Apr 19 with 1393 viewsSteve_M

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:29 - Apr 19 by chicoazul

You do know this will be our ultimate goal now too? We haven’t been bought by Americans by chance.

Of course and, like the prospect of a Premier League 2, my views are probably slightly hypocritical on it but other than starting again as AFC Ipswich we're fked either way now aren't we?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:51 - Apr 19 with 1357 viewschicoazul

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:36 - Apr 19 by Steve_M

Of course and, like the prospect of a Premier League 2, my views are probably slightly hypocritical on it but other than starting again as AFC Ipswich we're fked either way now aren't we?

Yep. It’s all over brother. Time to get a season ticket at Colchester.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:56 - Apr 19 with 1349 viewsgiant_stow

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:28 - Apr 19 by ElephantintheRoom

I'm ambivalent - let them go and it should benefit the domestic game, assuming they are all kicked out of domestic leagues and competitions. I'm one of the vast majority that have no interest in what European 'competition' has become. This is more aimed at the global TV audience.

My preferred option is more along the lines suggested by Gary Neville. These clubs are actively consipiring against their fellow members of 'the football family'. Huge fines, European bans and compouslory relegation would be nice.

The Guardian blog on this is reporting that the new comp's lawyers have already started proceedings against UEFA etc to stop them from being sanctionned.

On a base level, surely if one group doesn't want to play with another, they can decide to do that?

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 10:04 - Apr 19 with 1330 viewshaynes_toe1

Unfortunately this is the result of selling clubs to any old faceless American owner.

Like we've just done.
Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 10:10 - Apr 19 with 1322 viewsSeablu

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:32 - Apr 19 by Guthrum

A construction worker risks a career-ending injury every working day.

The age of 30 doesn't seem too late for cricket and rugby players to get qualifications or learn a trade and go on to second careers. Same with footballers in the past. Reign in the lifestyle a bit and they could afford to put themselves through university debt-free.

Or do wrestling as a sideline...
Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 10:17 - Apr 19 with 1317 viewsMrTown

I would be delighted for them to form their own footballing community.

For the rest of the domestic scene it would certainly level the pack once again, and the prospect of being and competing in the Premier League will be a much more achievable ambition.

Will open the doors for many other teams to compete in the Champions League and the Europa League.

The real ones who lose are the hard core fan bases of these 'super' clubs.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 10:18 - Apr 19 with 1311 viewsmonytowbray

💯

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 10:45 - Apr 19 with 1281 viewsRadlett_blue

Am I the only one who thinks we should let the big six go.... on 09:56 - Apr 19 by giant_stow

The Guardian blog on this is reporting that the new comp's lawyers have already started proceedings against UEFA etc to stop them from being sanctionned.

On a base level, surely if one group doesn't want to play with another, they can decide to do that?

If one group starts trying to ban players from playing in certain competitions, this could amount to an illegal restraint of trade. Sounds a bit like the doomed attempt by the TCCB to ban players who signed up with Kerry Packer years ago, although the laws may have changed since then.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024