Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So much negativity on here 17:18 - Mar 26 with 2372 viewsgtsb1966

I'm really looking forward to next season. New manager, new team, attacking football and a bit of success for once. We're turning like an oil tanker but we're turning. Just need to get this season over. Keep the faith.
So much negativity on here on 17:23 - Mar 26 with 2160 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

So much negativity on here on 17:24 - Mar 26 with 2151 viewschrismakin

I cant wait

Pre season for once will be exciting
We might even see a cup game win

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

[Redacted] on 17:24 - Mar 26 with 2155 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
So much negativity on here on 17:25 - Mar 26 with 2141 viewsKeno

So much negativity on here on 17:24 - Mar 26 by chrismakin

I cant wait

"cup game win"

sorry what is that?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So much negativity on here on 17:28 - Mar 26 with 2120 viewschrismakin

So much negativity on here on 17:25 - Mar 26 by Keno

"cup game win"

sorry what is that?

I'm unsure. But apparently some clubs try to go on some kind of 'cup run'. Sounds like something that could be enjoyable.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

So much negativity on here on 17:30 - Mar 26 with 2119 viewsTieDyedIn95

I think we should be cautious as we heard this all before post Mick and when we dropped under Lambert. This rebuild will not be an easy job. Recruiting new players who are good enough to win this league is essential, they can't be here just to make up numbers before moving on.

Cook needs a lot of time and patience to get it right. I think if people are expecting HMS Piss the league again next season it's going to feel flat. This is a miserable, hard, league and teams aren't going to roll over for us or lets us play pretty football just because we're Ipswich Town.

Back Cook.

Get behind him and his changes but remember Rome wasn't built in a day and allow him to make a few mistakes.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

So much negativity on here on 17:32 - Mar 26 with 2109 viewsclive_baker

Don't disagree, but it's always next season isn't it?

Tomorrow never comes, and while it's encouraging to have hope for the future, it would be nice for the here and now to show some promise.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So much negativity on here on 17:35 - Mar 26 with 2094 viewsTieDyedIn95

So much negativity on here on 17:32 - Mar 26 by clive_baker

Don't disagree, but it's always next season isn't it?

Tomorrow never comes, and while it's encouraging to have hope for the future, it would be nice for the here and now to show some promise.

That's why Cook needs time. If we're angry the anger has to be aimed at the owner. We saw this season that by making a noise and highlighting his failures to the wider world he does indeed act, it was months too late as ever but he did start worrying once the protests started and Lambert went on the radio to basically blame him. It's gone quiet again for now, but if we end up finishing 11th this season and Cook isn't backed in the window we need to react angrily to that.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

So much negativity on here on 17:38 - Mar 26 with 2085 viewsSamWhiteUK

We're turning like Ever Given
So much negativity on here on 17:41 - Mar 26 with 2067 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

From my experience, those of us that go regularly are negative some of the time, those that go very occasionally most of the time and those that never go, all of the time.
I wonder if Abraham Lincoln ever went to football.
Have a good weekend all
So much negativity on here on 17:54 - Mar 26 with 2004 viewsnoggin

So much negativity on here on 17:38 - Mar 26 by SamWhiteUK

I didn't realise it was sinking,

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

So much negativity on here on 18:01 - Mar 26 with 1996 viewsTheSelkirk

So much negativity on here on 17:38 - Mar 26 by SamWhiteUK

Great keeper - if he's still playing, sign him!
So much negativity on here on 18:18 - Mar 26 with 1957 viewspatrickswell

Lots of new things to potentially enjoy, but if the old owner is still calling the shots expect any gains to be minute ones.
So much negativity on here on 18:30 - Mar 26 with 1918 viewsEnigma_Blue

Quite. PC turned down Shef Wed & Cardiff. He is a manager in demand and Evans managed to secure his services. I don't think PC would have taken the job if he couldn't see at least some potential in either the players or the set up at the club in general. And who knows we may even get promotion this season via the playoffs, it's not an impossibility.
So much negativity on here on 21:13 - Mar 26 with 1748 viewsSteve_D

So much negativity on here on 17:35 - Mar 26 by TieDyedIn95

That's why Cook needs time. If we're angry the anger has to be aimed at the owner. We saw this season that by making a noise and highlighting his failures to the wider world he does indeed act, it was months too late as ever but he did start worrying once the protests started and Lambert went on the radio to basically blame him. It's gone quiet again for now, but if we end up finishing 11th this season and Cook isn't backed in the window we need to react angrily to that.

Wouldn't get to excited about a new team , M E has already said he,s not interested in player investment so it's once again season long loans and freebies from the knackers yard
So much negativity on here on 21:31 - Mar 26 with 1718 viewschrismakin

So much negativity on here on 21:13 - Mar 26 by Steve_D

Wouldn't get to excited about a new team , M E has already said he,s not interested in player investment so it's once again season long loans and freebies from the knackers yard

Wrong again.
We pay wages. We pay agency fees we pay signing on fees. We pay loan fees.

Again to say no investment is made is wrong.

You can have a successful side without breaking the bank. Cook hasnt had alot of finances to work with before.yet both pompy and wigan fans were very happy with his recruitment.

So much negativity on here on 21:52 - Mar 26 with 1669 viewsSteveDt

So much negativity on here on 21:31 - Mar 26 by chrismakin

Wrong again.

You can have a successful side without breaking the bank. Cook hasnt had alot of finances to work with before.yet both pompy and wigan fans were very happy with his recruitment.

Not wrong I said player investment
So much negativity on here on 22:31 - Mar 26 with 1622 viewsrgp1

So much negativity on here on 17:35 - Mar 26 by TieDyedIn95

Sherlock cook has detected the crimes very quickly. However he'll need more than Dr Watson to solve them.
So much negativity on here on 22:32 - Mar 26 with 1616 viewsStewart27

So much negativity on here on 21:31 - Mar 26 by chrismakin

Wrong again.

Blah blah blah

We’re owned by Evans. He’s a complete failure.

We’re set up to fail.

There is nothing in the last 15 years to think that we can be anything but mediocre.

Love the appointment of Cook and hope that I can be proved wrong.
So much negativity on here on 22:33 - Mar 26 with 1612 viewsIpswichKnight

So much negativity on here on 17:24 - Mar 26 by chrismakin

I cant wait

Burn him he’s a witch! Be gone with this dark magic talk of “winning cup games”
So much negativity on here on 22:34 - Mar 26 with 1612 viewsrgp1

So much negativity on here on 21:13 - Mar 26 by Steve_D

Plenty to choose from then. I Seem to remember Bobby Barnes from the PFA saying over 1000 players were out of contract last summer.
So much negativity on here on 00:58 - Mar 27 with 1545 viewsstonojnr

we're turning like the Ever Green in the Suez canal you mean...

yeah wasnt getting relegated to League 1 supposed to all be about a bit of success for once new team, attacking football, new manager, next season will be season number 3 of that particular project.

so yep lets hope you are right
So much negativity on here on 03:20 - Mar 27 with 1494 viewsEl_Fenix

If your list started with 'New owner,' I would agree.

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

So much negativity on here on 11:03 - Mar 27 with 1345 viewsstantheman

So much negativity on here on 17:28 - Mar 26 by chrismakin

I'm unsure. But apparently some clubs try to go on some kind of 'cup run'. Sounds like something that could be enjoyable.

Don't be silly, a cup run will affect how we go on to win the league. Everyone knows that.
So much negativity on here on 11:20 - Mar 27 with 1315 viewswkj

I am looking forward to next season, and I did say Cook has been given a free pass, however - it is important for him to get the team to show improvement for the remainder of the season, even if we miss promotion and the playoffs.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024