Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Look at the ref giving the red card 21:54 - Feb 16 with 2992 viewsbadadski

look at his face and the glee in sending off downes. His last game reffing that’s certain. Cant understand why Judge wasn’t sent off when he must have said something ?
Look at the ref giving the red card on 21:59 - Feb 16 with 2823 viewsScuzzer

Look at the refs body language and facial expression when he squared up to Judge.

Established 1968

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:00 - Feb 16 with 2772 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Because the ref lost his head and stuck his nut in. Once he'd done that, there was no way he could send Judge off.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:05 - Feb 16 with 2642 viewsbadadski

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:00 - Feb 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Because the ref lost his head and stuck his nut in. Once he'd done that, there was no way he could send Judge off.

Yeah I saw the square up but thought the smile was worse and just plain evil. Entertainment at least.
Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:06 - Feb 16 with 2572 viewsWicklowBlue

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:00 - Feb 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:07 - Feb 16 with 2511 viewsNthsuffolkblue

SSN showed the Judge incident and has picked up on it.

Seems he booked Downes then.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:10 - Feb 16 with 2441 viewsSwansea_Blue

The Judge incident was madness by the ref. But irrespective of that we don’t half like to surround the ref at the moment. We’ve been doing it all season. I know you have to be clever, but it’s not the best look.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:40 - Feb 16 with 2103 viewsWicklowBlue

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:10 - Feb 16 by Swansea_Blue

The Judge incident was madness by the ref. But irrespective of that we don’t half like to surround the ref at the moment. We’ve been doing it all season. I know you have to be clever, but it’s not the best look.

True and maybe I'm wrong but you are not allowed touch the Ref either.

Even the Northampton players intervened to pull the Ref away! The Ref had lost control of the game...
Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:42 - Feb 16 with 2036 viewsTieDyedIn95

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:06 - Feb 16 by WicklowBlue

Amateur league, part time refs.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Login to get fewer ads

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:44 - Feb 16 with 1974 viewsbadadski

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:40 - Feb 16 by WicklowBlue

True and maybe I'm wrong but you are not allowed touch the Ref either.

Even the Northampton players intervened to pull the Ref away! The Ref had lost control of the game...

As soon as he squared up he was no longer a referee but an actual physical threat. Downes intervened by pushing him away and defending Judge.

I don’t know any one that would not have done the same thing to defend a friend or colleague. If it was a straight red it would have been the easiest legal over turn case ever.
Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:49 - Feb 16 with 1884 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not exactly an inexperienced referee. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Drysdale

We are all human and who knows what has led to it but it was bizarre to say the least. Never seen anything like it before.

Look at the ref giving the red card on 23:06 - Feb 16 with 1759 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:06 - Feb 16 by WicklowBlue

There no 28 man handles the ref more!
Look at the ref giving the red card on 02:10 - Feb 17 with 1429 viewsTeHuia

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:49 - Feb 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not exactly an inexperienced referee. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Drysdale

We are all human and who knows what has led to it but it was bizarre to say the least. Never seen anything like it before.

I wonder if that photo of him could be updated with something more recent?
Look at the ref giving the red card on 06:15 - Feb 17 with 1179 viewsurbanblue

Look at the ref giving the red card on 22:07 - Feb 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

SSN showed the Judge incident and has picked up on it.

Seems he booked Downes then.

Yeah, I wondered if it was Downes booked then, and not Judge. Would make sense as the second yellow got him sent off.

Surely case for an appeal?
Look at the ref giving the red card on 07:05 - Feb 17 with 1028 viewsbefxblue

Not excusing the ref in any way, it wasn't acceptable, but you have to wonder what was said by Judge, who was clearly fuming before he got on the pitch, presumably at being played out of position again.
Look at the ref giving the red card on 07:08 - Feb 17 with 1009 viewschrismakin

Look at the ref giving the red card on 06:15 - Feb 17 by urbanblue

Yeah, I wondered if it was Downes booked then, and not Judge. Would make sense as the second yellow got him sent off.

Nah judge was booked for dissent,

Downes was booked for dissent later on followed by an immediate card and red for continued dissent.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Look at the ref giving the red card on 07:22 - Feb 17 with 914 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Look at the ref giving the red card on 06:15 - Feb 17 by urbanblue

You can't appeal 2 yellow cards as far as I am aware. Possibly on mistaken identity.

Drysdale certainly showed the card in the direction of Judge but Downes was in close proximity. The other possibility is that Downes got both yellows in the same incident. I think Drysdale gave them as a result of whatever got under his skin to square up to Judge.

Look at the ref giving the red card on 07:36 - Feb 17 with 838 viewsurbanblue

Look at the ref giving the red card on 07:22 - Feb 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

You can't appeal 2 yellow cards as far as I am aware. Possibly on mistaken identity.

Drysdale certainly showed the card in the direction of Judge but Downes was in close proximity. The other possibility is that Downes got both yellows in the same incident. I think Drysdale gave them as a result of whatever got under his skin to square up to Judge.

Phil's report says that Downes was booked at the same time as Judge during that incident but that doesn't appear the case from the clip.

I'm confused!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024