Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This may be why Lambert is still here... 11:27 - Feb 10 with 1520 viewsEwan_Oozami

Our last 10 fixtures may well be against teams currently lower than us in the division (apart from Charlton) - given previous experience many of them will be winnable and we could potentially (and optimistically) get 20 points at 2ppg average.

If we have any less than 55 points (assuming, again optimistically), that 75 points will be enough for 6th) by the time we play Wigan on 27th March, regardless of how close we are to 6th place, I would say the playoffs are going to be out of reach.

This might be how Lambert is spinning it to Evans right now - we've got a relatively easy run-in, so we don't have to be right behind 6th at this present time....

[Edit] - though as time goes on, if we fall below any of those teams, as seems very likely at the moment, it becomes much harder to justify it as an "easy run-in"
[Post edited 10 Feb 2021 11:33]

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

This may be why Lambert is still here... on 11:32 - Feb 10 with 1452 viewsSarge

If Evans had any sense at all (football or business) then he’d point out that Lambert’s argument falls down when presented with the fact we wouldn’t be able to beat anybody in the playoffs anyway.

If we don’t finish top 2 then we won’t get promoted.
This may be why Lambert is still here... on 11:46 - Feb 10 with 1377 viewstractorboy1978

Doesn't really matter what order the fixtures are in - we won't beat teams in the top 7/8 under PL whether we play them tomorrow, in April or in 2022.
This may be why Lambert is still here... on 11:46 - Feb 10 with 1375 viewsclive_baker

Not to mention the fact there's feck all point finishing 6th given we can't beat anyone in and around the top 8.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This may be why Lambert is still here... on 12:03 - Feb 10 with 1312 viewsChondzoresk

This may be why Lambert is still here... on 11:46 - Feb 10 by clive_baker

Not to mention the fact there's feck all point finishing 6th given we can't beat anyone in and around the top 8.

Sorry, no such thing as an ‘easy run in’. The ways things are going some of those teams just below us may get results and pass us. I expect a dull mid table finish. Sooner Lambert goes the better. Desperately depressing times.
This may be why Lambert is still here... on 12:07 - Feb 10 with 1284 viewsclive_baker

This may be why Lambert is still here... on 12:03 - Feb 10 by Chondzoresk

Sorry, no such thing as an ‘easy run in’. The ways things are going some of those teams just below us may get results and pass us. I expect a dull mid table finish. Sooner Lambert goes the better. Desperately depressing times.

It was only a few weeks ago we lost at home to Swindon. Frankly, any talk of easy games for us at this level smacks of delusion and an misguided arrogance. We'll finish somewhere between 7th and 12th with this clown in charge.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

This may be why Lambert is still here... on 12:15 - Feb 10 with 1234 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

No point in getting into the play offs if we cant even beat Top 10 sides.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This may be why Lambert is still here... on 12:25 - Feb 10 with 1155 viewsgazzer1999

This may be why Lambert is still here... on 11:46 - Feb 10 by clive_baker

Beating top 8 teams don't even matter, when we get to playoffs it's a cup competition, when do we play well and win cup games?
This may be why Lambert is still here... on 12:30 - Feb 10 with 1123 viewsSteve_D

There may not be that many teams below us when the time comes
Login to get fewer ads

This may be why Lambert is still here... on 12:39 - Feb 10 with 1081 viewstractorshark

I had the feeling he knew his time was up against Crewe.
Stuart Watson tweeted there was a break in play and both Lambert and Taylor looked disinterested.
Then we equalised and then we beat Blackpool.
The next two games against Shrewsbury and Northampton are must win or surely he’s out.
The only thing that makes me doubt that is Evans allowed him to sign players on deadline day.
But I do believe he will gone by the time Evans announces the season-ticket renewals.
This may be why Lambert is still here... on 13:07 - Feb 10 with 941 viewsbluefunk

So if we believe that's true, we have to pick up 16 points from 11 games (1.45 ppg) , in order to be in a position where 2 points a game from the last 10 give us a chance of the play offs.

We have an average of 1.56 ppg for the season, but only 1.27 ppg from the last 11 and even worse 1.13 from the last 15. There's clutching at straws and then there's lunacy

For what it's worth I think he's here until its mathematically impossible to reach the play offs, I cling to the hope that that's the point at which we can sack him without compensation. I had hoped it might be possible to sack him if we were out of the top 6 at the half way point but that's me clutching at straws
This may be why Lambert is still here... on 13:17 - Feb 10 with 882 viewsRadlett_blue

This may be why Lambert is still here... on 12:39 - Feb 10 by tractorshark

I had the feeling he knew his time was up against Crewe.
Stuart Watson tweeted there was a break in play and both Lambert and Taylor looked disinterested.
Then we equalised and then we beat Blackpool.
The next two games against Shrewsbury and Northampton are must win or surely he’s out.
The only thing that makes me doubt that is Evans allowed him to sign players on deadline day.
But I do believe he will gone by the time Evans announces the season-ticket renewals.

We've been playing an awful lot of "must win" games recently & have failed to win most of them. Once the play offs are mathematically out of reach I think action will be taken.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This may be why Lambert is still here... on 14:25 - Feb 10 with 737 viewsSarge

This may be why Lambert is still here... on 13:17 - Feb 10 by Radlett_blue

We've been playing an awful lot of "must win" games recently & have failed to win most of them. Once the play offs are mathematically out of reach I think action will be taken.

I’ve seen a lot of the ‘he’ll go when playoffs are out of reach’ view and I don’t disagree that Evans has that strategy in mind, because he’s a moron.

It’s like waiting until someone has died before attempting to cure them just in case the cure doesn’t stop them from dying.
This may be why Lambert is still here... on 14:40 - Feb 10 with 690 viewsNthQldITFC

If we're not careful, we'll look back on this in a few years time and remember the glory days when we had high hopes of coming up on the rails late in the season to just sneak our noses into the third division play-offs.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024