Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? 22:09 - Jan 26 with 3371 viewstractordownsouth

I think he must have sounded out a few others by now - we know there's precedent with Evans to do this, although I'm sure it happens at most other clubs too. Despite the defeat, I think this will be viewed as the equivalent of the Swansea game under Hurst - if we do have someone waiting then Evans will be reluctant to pull the trigger only because we weren't completely dominated for a change. After Leeds, we pretty much knew he was for the chop, but it doesn't seem that way tonight.

The fact that Phil Parkinson and Neil Harris have recently come onto the market does concern me though - we know Evans loves to choose someone who has been promoted from the division before and I really can't see either manager working well. We need someone with a bit of personality and I don't think they fit the bill. The even bigger worry is that maybe we've been kidding ourselves into thinking the change is coming and that PL will be here for so long that it kills any chance of the top 6.

Come on Evans ffs.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 23:25 - Jan 26 with 2907 viewswkj

John Greggory and Ian Dowie toure de farce incoming

about the only thing Evans can do to top PJ

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 05:55 - Jan 27 with 2777 viewsstiff_talking

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 23:25 - Jan 26 by wkj

John Greggory and Ian Dowie toure de farce incoming

about the only thing Evans can do to top PJ

Usually we hire Paul’s, Ex Irishman or friends of David Bowman

Hopefully we don’t ask Rednapp or Fry
Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 05:58 - Jan 27 with 2770 viewschrismakin

Cook to start 1st feb, def info

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 08:38 - Jan 27 with 2526 viewsitfcjoe

It'll be Cowley or Cook, this won't have bought Lambert any more time

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 08:52 - Jan 27 with 2447 viewsITFCBlues

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 08:38 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

It'll be Cowley or Cook, this won't have bought Lambert any more time

Surely he has to go before the weekend?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 08:54 - Jan 27 with 2429 viewsSuperblue95

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 08:52 - Jan 27 by ITFCBlues

I’ve lost count of the times has that been said in the past year

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 08:55 - Jan 27 with 2425 viewsitfcjoe

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 08:52 - Jan 27 by ITFCBlues

Wouldn't surprise me if he goes win, lose or draw after the Crewe game.

Think Hurst at Leeds, or Jim v Norwich, or Keane v Forest - decision had already been made and new manager was in place

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 08:57 - Jan 27 with 2396 viewsITFCBlues

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 08:55 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Think Hurst at Leeds, or Jim v Norwich, or Keane v Forest - decision had already been made and new manager was in place

So you think he stays for the weekend and then sacked soon after?

Surely even a win can't save him now?

Login to get fewer ads

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:00 - Jan 27 with 2372 viewsitfcjoe

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 08:57 - Jan 27 by ITFCBlues

So you think he stays for the weekend and then sacked soon after?

Surely even a win can't save him now?

That would be my guess - see comments from Phil, and other bits I've heard, re the 3 games being key. Well we've lost the two home ones. Next week is only one without a midweek game.

It needs to happen so new man in dugout for Blackpool game on Saturday week - I'll be amazed if it hasn't.

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:02 - Jan 27 with 2346 viewsHackneyblueboy

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 08:55 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Joe is this just a gut feeling or any intel? I'm really hoping Saturday is his last game in charge but I wouldnt put it past ME to hold out until mid or even end of Feb.

Problem is we could quite easily pick up a few wins and draws against the lesser sides which will keep us within touching distance of the playoffs. The season is effectively already over with Lambo in charge really hope our owner isn't the only one not to realise this!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 9:03]
Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:06 - Jan 27 with 2306 viewsITFCBlues

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:00 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

That would be my guess - see comments from Phil, and other bits I've heard, re the 3 games being key. Well we've lost the two home ones. Next week is only one without a midweek game.

It needs to happen so new man in dugout for Blackpool game on Saturday week - I'll be amazed if it hasn't.

I do hope you've got some inside info!

We can't allow this to go on much more or else it'll be too late

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:20 - Jan 27 with 2214 viewsmrshallisfit

Do you all honestly think Evans firstly really cares about what we think or what is best for the club. And secondly do you think he knows what the next right step is. If you do you are even more deluded than I first thought.
Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:29 - Jan 27 with 2184 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I don't get why we'd keep him here for Saturday if it was set in stone he was going? Surely put him and us out our misery and put a caretaker in charge for Saturday.
Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:34 - Jan 27 with 2141 viewsIpswichKnight

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:00 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

I really hope so and I hope the 2 best candidates are now going through old Town games from this season looking at how they’ll get us going again. Then I wake up and remember it’s ME in charge so it’s probably going to be the re-animated corpse of Howard Wilkinson that we’ll end up with.
Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:34 - Jan 27 with 2135 viewsMonkeyAlan

Don't think Evans can find his own backside, let alone a decent manager. Evans you muppet.
Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:37 - Jan 27 with 2115 viewsitfcjoe

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:29 - Jan 27 by abracaDOBRA_

I don't get why we'd keep him here for Saturday if it was set in stone he was going? Surely put him and us out our misery and put a caretaker in charge for Saturday.

Yep, but it's the same for all those cases previously mentioned as new managers were appointed within 24-48 hours after those games so deals had been done

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:38 - Jan 27 with 2107 viewsSwansea_Blue

We've got Welsh and Cornish to go for the full set of British Isles nations. So it'll be Dean Saunders or Ian Holloway (closest I can think of to Cornish!). Def info. Or could be Neville Southall I suppose.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:39 - Jan 27 with 2089 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:37 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Yep, but it's the same for all those cases previously mentioned as new managers were appointed within 24-48 hours after those games so deals had been done

So you reckon we could actually have a new manager Saturday but won't know it at the time?
Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:41 - Jan 27 with 2059 viewsitfcjoe

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:39 - Jan 27 by abracaDOBRA_

So you reckon we could actually have a new manager Saturday but won't know it at the time?

Yep, that would be my prediction - a new man lined up who will be formalised early next week

We should literally put a caretaker in charge..... on 09:43 - Jan 27 with 2028 viewsBloots

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:29 - Jan 27 by abracaDOBRA_

...old Mr Lane from my school knew a bit about football.

Although you didn't want to get caught in the basement when he was down there.

Actually, he's probably dead now. Ignore me.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:45 - Jan 27 with 2013 viewsParky

Without trying to sound like a knob, can I ask why you seem so confident?

I.e something you’ve heard?
Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:45 - Jan 27 with 2015 viewstractordownsouth

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:34 - Jan 27 by MonkeyAlan

Don't think Evans can find his own backside, let alone a decent manager. Evans you muppet.

Evans is a good egg really

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:52 - Jan 27 with 1954 viewsMonkeyAlan

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:45 - Jan 27 by tractordownsouth

Evans is a good egg really

Evans is a scrambled egg.
Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:53 - Jan 27 with 1949 viewsitfcjoe

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:45 - Jan 27 by Parky

Without trying to sound like a knob, can I ask why you seem so confident?

I.e something you’ve heard?

Just putting 2 and 2 together from things I've previously heard and where we are now.

Maybe it's just what I need to do to get through the day, it's the hope that kills you!

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:54 - Jan 27 with 1925 viewsPinewoodblue

Do we think Evans has made contact with any other managers, and if so, who? on 09:41 - Jan 27 by itfcjoe

Yep, that would be my prediction - a new man lined up who will be formalised early next week

Makes sense as from the Blackpool game we have two games a week for ten consecutive weeks.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024