Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Col U statement, sos if posted before 15:20 - Dec 7 with 3035 viewsKeno

This seems pretty fair to me

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/december/club-statement/?fbclid=IwAR2cMT6wOI_b61

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 15:22 - Dec 7 with 2565 viewsSpruceMoose

"Alternatively, they should just stay away from our club because anyone that still wants to boo now that I have explained the purpose and importance of the taking of the knee is not welcome at our club."

This.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 15:22 - Dec 7 with 2551 viewsKeno

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 15:22 - Dec 7 by SpruceMoose

"Alternatively, they should just stay away from our club because anyone that still wants to boo now that I have explained the purpose and importance of the taking of the knee is not welcome at our club."

This.

exactly

and well put

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 15:49 - Dec 7 with 2482 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good statement that. It'll be interesting to see if anyone takes him up on his offer to applaud during players taking the knee. But irrespective of how that turns out, that sends out a nice clear message that racists and/or apologists for racism won't be tolerated at their club.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 15:51 - Dec 7 with 2469 viewsHalifaxBlue

Brilliant statement. All credit to Mr. Cowling and Col U and I hope any supporters here who may think of anything similar take note.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 15:59 - Dec 7 with 2443 viewsjeera

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 15:22 - Dec 7 by SpruceMoose

This.

Followed by: "I will be happy to refund anyone for the remaining value of their season permit."

Absolute no nonsense approach. Good for them.

How hard can it be.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 16:01 - Dec 7 with 2427 viewsuefacup81

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 15:49 - Dec 7 by Swansea_Blue

Good statement that. It'll be interesting to see if anyone takes him up on his offer to applaud during players taking the knee. But irrespective of how that turns out, that sends out a nice clear message that racists and/or apologists for racism won't be tolerated at their club.

This was the only bit that seemed a little odd to me.

I understand why Cowling has suggested it, but given why the players are taking the knee and their aims and objectives in doing so, to applaud it strikes me as a little, dare I say, patronising?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 17:03 - Dec 7 with 2297 viewsfactual_blue

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 15:49 - Dec 7 by Swansea_Blue

What if some boo and clap at the same time?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 17:06 - Dec 7 with 2294 viewsjeera

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 17:03 - Dec 7 by factual_blue

What if some boo and clap at the same time?

Multi tasking at football?

Not so sure.

Login to get fewer ads

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 19:42 - Dec 7 with 2175 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 16:01 - Dec 7 by uefacup81

This was the only bit that seemed a little odd to me.

I understand why Cowling has suggested it, but given why the players are taking the knee and their aims and objectives in doing so, to applaud it strikes me as a little, dare I say, patronising?

It shows support in a better way than joining them taking the knee in the concrete concourse.

It also goes some way to drowning out any idiots that still insist on booing.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 20:23 - Dec 7 with 2128 viewsshamboy

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 15:59 - Dec 7 by jeera

Followed by: "I will be happy to refund anyone for the remaining value of their season permit."

How hard can it be.

This is the Leyton Orient Chairman's response to Saturday. No messing:

Chairman Nigel Travis yesterday issued his own statement, part of which referred to the club’s strong stance that “anyone making discriminatory noises or other discriminatory actions will be removed from the ground and banned for life.”

Questions have been directed to the club, including whether taking the knee is supporting the political organisation Black Live Matters, and their ideologies.
Col U statement, sos if posted before on 20:28 - Dec 7 with 2101 viewsSpruceMoose

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 20:23 - Dec 7 by shamboy

This is the Leyton Orient Chairman's response to Saturday. No messing:

Chairman Nigel Travis yesterday issued his own statement, part of which referred to the club’s strong stance that “anyone making discriminatory noises or other discriminatory actions will be removed from the ground and banned for life.”

Questions have been directed to the club, including whether taking the knee is supporting the political organisation Black Live Matters, and their ideologies.

You love to see it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 20:29 - Dec 7 with 2101 viewsfooters

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 15:59 - Dec 7 by jeera

How hard can it be.

He's a better man than me. Their ST money would've gone straight to black charities.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 20:33 - Dec 7 with 2088 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 20:29 - Dec 7 by footers

He's a better man than me. Their ST money would've gone straight to black charities.

Since they are not racist, they could hardly disagree with such a policy.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 22:57 - Dec 7 with 1727 viewsSpruceMoose

Did Phil banhammer him?

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 22:58 - Dec 7 with 1711 viewsfooters

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 22:57 - Dec 7 by SpruceMoose

Did Phil banhammer him?

Sure did.

It would make it more fun if it were less obvious.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 22:58]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 23:06 - Dec 7 with 1671 viewsjeera

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 22:57 - Dec 7 by SpruceMoose

Did Phil banhammer him?

As I was saying...

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 23:10 - Dec 7 with 1652 viewsSpruceMoose

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 23:06 - Dec 7 by jeera

As I was saying...

Vindicated once again Jeera me old mate.

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 23:13 - Dec 7 with 1634 viewsjeera

Col U statement, sos if posted before on 23:10 - Dec 7 by SpruceMoose

Vindicated once again Jeera me old mate.

Was saying to Phil, I'd respect these people a bit more if they came out with what they mean rather than lead everyone a merry dance.

They'd still be detestable, but at least we'd all know where we stand.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024