Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: 11:32 - Dec 4 with 1086 viewsLankHenners

"We've got a few lads mucking in".

Ffs this isn't a local Under 12s side where one of the parents brings some oranges at HT and another knows how to make a sling. This is important stuff, and constantly referencing the freak injuries at Liverpool doesn't excuse anything.

No-one important at the club has any pride in it, they just keep talking it down and act like we've come up from the National League and are punching well above our weight.

I appreciate this veers into 'over-analysing manager speak' territory but the problem is they genuinely seem to believe what they say and back it up with (in)actions.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: on 11:39 - Dec 4 with 1045 viewsSomethingBlue

Your third par is spot in. It's time to stop talking Ipswich's potential down. This club can and should be a Southampton or a Brighton, and would be if in the right hands. There is tonnes going for it. Now we're behaving as if we're a middle to lower club in L1. It has to stop, it runs throughout.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: on 11:40 - Dec 4 with 1038 viewsSteve_M

That reflects Evans approach to the club, everything outside the first team squad and the manager is run as cheaply as possible. Some of the job specs and salary ranges have been posted on here before and they are low budget.

Lambert has failed on his own terms but also seems to have been dragged down by the whole culture of the club too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: on 11:43 - Dec 4 with 1015 viewsRyorry

This to me is the absolute root of the situation. Obviously some injuries are always going to happen, but ME's abject failure to deal with what is clearly something very wrong within our Sports Science and fitness coach dept. (Henry & PL falling out, and Henry being allowed to wfh 400 miles away! with ME refusing to appoint a new fitness coach) just highlights ME's complete ineptitude for me.

"Sucessful businessman" my arse - he's shown zero evidence of being one for us in his 13 years of owning ITFC.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 11:45]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: on 11:45 - Dec 4 with 1008 viewsitfcjoe

I think the problem is Lambert is a terrible talker and just mumbles rubbish.

Like when talk about Nash's role etc.

Just say, Jimmy Reynolds who is head of sports science in the academy has stepped up, we are seeing how he's doing but he's started great, we are assessing it though

Sounds so much better than what he says, and likely what is happening

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: on 11:48 - Dec 4 with 982 viewsportmanking

Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: on 11:45 - Dec 4 by itfcjoe

Just say, Jimmy Reynolds who is head of sports science in the academy has stepped up, we are seeing how he's doing but he's started great, we are assessing it though

The trouble with all that is Lambert's as thick as mince.
Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: on 11:49 - Dec 4 with 968 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: on 11:45 - Dec 4 by itfcjoe

I think the problem is That Man is a terrible football manager at a terribly run football club.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: on 13:48 - Dec 4 with 839 viewsIllinoisblue

Exactly this. It’s basic PR. You wouldn’t think someone as experienced as Lambert would need media training but here we are.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: on 13:52 - Dec 4 with 815 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert on dealing with injuries now he's binned off the fitness coach: on 13:48 - Dec 4 by Illinoisblue

Exactly this. It’s basic PR. You wouldn’t think someone as experienced as Lambert would need media training but here we are.

Like everything he does, it initially looks good to the easily impressed, but it rapidly falls apart when subjected to any kind of scrutiny.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024