Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joining a growing chorus 13:27 - Dec 4 with 842 viewsJamiebed

I wrote this letter to the club last Sunday, and predictably no response. I know this is one of so many, and yesterday a mate, incredibly loyal supporter and one of a rapidly dwindling group I drink and go to matches with, decided enough is enough and cancelled season ticket/won't be coming back. We are haemorrhaging supporters. It's going to be hard enough enticing people back anyway, without the absolute disdain currently going on.

Hi Lee,

I guess you may be getting inundated by emails regarding the current fate of Ipswich Town, so sorry to add to your inbox, but I do feel compelled for the first time in 50 years to voice my discontent at our direction of travel. I speak as a disabled supporter living in London, who has travelled home and away since the early 1980s, has invested far more than I care to remember and helped the club out when needed — investing in shares, and readily buying a season ticket this season in the face of uncertainty. The treatment of Phil Ham is the latest PR disaster, seemingly grossly unfair on a loyal, avid and committed fan, whose support far precedes the current administration and will continue far beyond. TWTD has been a lifeline for supporters, particular in the face of the owner’s reticence to engage with us. Obviously, I’ve only picked up what might have happened through the website and rumour, as once again, transparency and openness are at a premium, so would be good to know what actually happened, and what decisions have been made by whom. This is merely one incident that reflects the growing disconnect, lack of trust and animosity between supporters and club. I don’t expect spades of success, but cannot belief better relations cannot be fostered. And all this against a backdrop of our worst position and football in my life, a belligerent Manager lacking any tactical acumen bizarrely blaming our younger players and an Owner with apparent little understanding of the civic role and pride our Football Club should and has played in our community.

I wanted to be brief, but as ever got carried away, but I hope you understand and appreciate the gist of my complaints. Many thanks for reading.

With best wishes,

Jamie Beddard

Blog: Up and Down, We Follow

Joining a growing chorus (n/t) on 13:31 - Dec 4 with 789 viewsDyland

Well put sir.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 13:32]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Joining a growing chorus on 13:35 - Dec 4 with 778 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nicely put.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Joining a growing chorus on 13:38 - Dec 4 with 751 viewsPhilTWTD

Cheers Jamie. Hope all's good with you.
Joining a growing chorus on 13:53 - Dec 4 with 724 viewsJamiebed

Joining a growing chorus on 13:38 - Dec 4 by PhilTWTD

Cheers Jamie. Hope all's good with you.

All good, although spending far to much time and anger of this joke football club.

Blog: Up and Down, We Follow

Joining a growing chorus on 13:58 - Dec 4 with 692 viewsPhilTWTD

Joining a growing chorus on 13:53 - Dec 4 by Jamiebed

All good, although spending far to much time and anger of this joke football club.

Think a lot of us are feeling like that at the minute.
Joining a growing chorus on 14:01 - Dec 4 with 668 viewsjeera

Nice one Jamie.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Joining a growing chorus on 14:13 - Dec 4 with 638 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Well played, I particularly liked this line, "Obviously, I’ve only picked up what might have happened through the website and rumour, as once again, transparency and openness are at a premium". I thought you had weakened your position in the first part of the sentence then you hit them right between the eyes with your second part.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024