Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good win, poor performance 17:05 - Oct 17 with 6566 viewsBluefish

We will keep ignoring that until it is too late again though

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Good win, poor performance on 18:03 - Oct 17 with 1017 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 17:41 - Oct 17 by SomethingBlue

Have a day off mate, you're making an absolute idiot of yourself.

Yeah saying it back to you is sooooo offensive

Top stuff

Good win, poor performance on 18:05 - Oct 17 with 1011 viewshomer_123

Good win, poor performance on 18:03 - Oct 17 by DanTheMan

I would say last season that our "we didn't play well and won" performances seems much more flukey and generally rubbish than this season.

We didn't play at all well in the first half, which I'm personally putting down to the front three all being out of position (although the midfield didn't do them many favours), but the second half we seemed just generally all round better.

I'd actually be interested in starting Sears at the front. He wasn't holding it up but we changed how we were playing and I think it worked pretty well.

See my post below. Agreed.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Good win, poor performance on 18:05 - Oct 17 with 1010 viewsChe

I cant wait until we really hit form?
Good win, poor performance on 18:05 - Oct 17 with 1007 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 18:03 - Oct 17 by brogansnose

'Lambert has shown in the first few games of the new season, that he might just have learnt from last'

He's not a rookie manager and he wasn't last season having managed in the Prem and played at a high level so he has no excuses for the mistakes he's made. I'm glad we're top of the league and I don't care how we get out of this swamp of a league but I have little confidence in his managerial abilities.

Bloody look at me troll

Good win, poor performance (n/t) on 18:06 - Oct 17 with 1007 viewsbluesatin

Good win, poor performance on 18:08 - Oct 17 with 992 viewsflimflam

Good win, poor performance on 18:03 - Oct 17 by brogansnose

'Lambert has shown in the first few games of the new season, that he might just have learnt from last'

He's not a rookie manager and he wasn't last season having managed in the Prem and played at a high level so he has no excuses for the mistakes he's made. I'm glad we're top of the league and I don't care how we get out of this swamp of a league but I have little confidence in his managerial abilities.

Last year we were top and unbeaten after 10? But at no point did I feel confident in the performances and once it fell apart the results actually reflected our performances and we fell down the league.

This year the team gives me some confidence in how we are playing and with some key players still to return think we may do the business this season. But I think that every season.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Good win, poor performance on 18:12 - Oct 17 with 978 viewsbluesatin

Bluefish your are a very negative person, In the words of Private Frazer we are doomed, if we all listen to you.
Good win, poor performance on 18:13 - Oct 17 with 973 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 18:12 - Oct 17 by bluesatin

Bluefish your are a very negative person, In the words of Private Frazer we are doomed, if we all listen to you.

Yes I know I was told it when I said getting rid of mick could send us down not up. I was told it when I said PRP wasn't keeping us up and I was told it again when I said there was no way we were finishing top 6 under him. Silly me

Login to get fewer ads

Good win, poor performance on 18:25 - Oct 17 with 953 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Good win, poor performance on 18:13 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Yes I know I was told it when I said getting rid of mick could send us down not up. I was told it when I said PRP wasn't keeping us up and I was told it again when I said there was no way we were finishing top 6 under him. Silly me

If we had lost a few in the league and were mid table, this argument might have some credit, but at the moment, it has none. Looking forward is the best way to get through life mate, not back.
Good win, poor performance on 18:42 - Oct 17 with 925 viewsitfcjoe

Good win, poor performance on 17:45 - Oct 17 by ITFC_Forever

We said that last year.

Last year was a totally different kettle of fish, we were nicking games without deserving to. As ooor as that first half was, over the 90 minutes we had basically all the good chances. Holy made 1 good save

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good win, poor performance on 18:44 - Oct 17 with 917 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 18:25 - Oct 17 by IpswichBoyBlue

If we had lost a few in the league and were mid table, this argument might have some credit, but at the moment, it has none. Looking forward is the best way to get through life mate, not back.

Same answer as last year

Good win, poor performance on 18:47 - Oct 17 with 905 viewsbrogansnose

Good win, poor performance on 18:05 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Bloody look at me troll

After Hurst, a learning on the job manager, the point was to replace him with someone who was experienced and a safe pair of hands so we wouldn't get relegated or, at the very least, get promoted at the first opportunity, not someone who was working towards their NVQ in Football Management.

Anyway, I'm going full Lucan and getting on the red.
Good win, poor performance on 18:49 - Oct 17 with 900 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 18:47 - Oct 17 by brogansnose

After Hurst, a learning on the job manager, the point was to replace him with someone who was experienced and a safe pair of hands so we wouldn't get relegated or, at the very least, get promoted at the first opportunity, not someone who was working towards their NVQ in Football Management.

Anyway, I'm going full Lucan and getting on the red.

Enjoy pal and thank you for being the sensible supporter that you are. I will be joining you as soon as I've finished this beer

Good win, poor performance on 18:49 - Oct 17 with 898 viewsbrogansnose

Good win, poor performance on 18:08 - Oct 17 by flimflam

Last year we were top and unbeaten after 10? But at no point did I feel confident in the performances and once it fell apart the results actually reflected our performances and we fell down the league.

This year the team gives me some confidence in how we are playing and with some key players still to return think we may do the business this season. But I think that every season.

Quite frankly Flimmers, he should have done better with what he had at his disposal rather than finish up a nominal eleventh. He's blundering through.
Good win, poor performance on 18:53 - Oct 17 with 889 viewsStewart27

Good win, poor performance on 17:16 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Not sure there is any point trying to go through it with you

We clearly have problems in the final 3rd. It has been there all season and we are trying anything to make it work by moving the same player round. We are winning games but at least 3 games have been a complete slog

The echo chamber of this place doesn't want to hear that though just like they didn't want to hear it last season

Are you expecting us to win at a canter every week? Course some games are going to be a slog. 16 points out of 18.

Get a grip man
Good win, poor performance on 18:59 - Oct 17 with 875 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 18:53 - Oct 17 by Stewart27

Are you expecting us to win at a canter every week? Course some games are going to be a slog. 16 points out of 18.

Get a grip man

The point is that today was reminiscent of a typical Lambert performance, exactly what he has consistently served up for 2 years. Judge or sears as lone strikers shouldn't ever happen but we've seen them both too many times up there, same with Jackson. He also put gwion on the right where he struggles massively and then moved him back there again later. Today would be fine as the exception but it is not. This league is utter dross but today was poor, MK Dons was poor and Bristol Rovers was largely poor. He needs to do better and we need to brushing some teams aside
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 19:01]

Good win, poor performance on 19:04 - Oct 17 with 861 viewsGuthrum

Half a poor performance. First half was.

Second half much better, more fluid and organised, kept the ball down more.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Good win, poor performance on 19:06 - Oct 17 with 849 viewsStewart27

Good win, poor performance on 18:44 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Same answer as last year

You are obsessed with last year.

Get over it.
Good win, poor performance on 19:07 - Oct 17 with 845 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 19:06 - Oct 17 by Stewart27

You are obsessed with last year.

Get over it.

Wow

Good win, poor performance on 19:11 - Oct 17 with 835 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Good win, poor performance on 18:59 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

The point is that today was reminiscent of a typical Lambert performance, exactly what he has consistently served up for 2 years. Judge or sears as lone strikers shouldn't ever happen but we've seen them both too many times up there, same with Jackson. He also put gwion on the right where he struggles massively and then moved him back there again later. Today would be fine as the exception but it is not. This league is utter dross but today was poor, MK Dons was poor and Bristol Rovers was largely poor. He needs to do better and we need to brushing some teams aside
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 19:01]

The league isn't "utter dross" though is it.
Good win, poor performance on 19:14 - Oct 17 with 832 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 19:11 - Oct 17 by IpswichBoyBlue

Erm yes it is

Good win, poor performance on 19:19 - Oct 17 with 821 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Good win, poor performance on 19:14 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Erm yes it is

Took Leeds 3 seasons to get out of.
Good win, poor performance on 19:21 - Oct 17 with 818 viewsBluefish

Good win, poor performance on 19:19 - Oct 17 by IpswichBoyBlue

Took Leeds 3 seasons to get out of.

Better they wish they had got it right in 1 though and not then made the same mistake the 2nd year as well

Good win, poor performance on 19:27 - Oct 17 with 808 viewsbrogansnose

Good win, poor performance on 19:11 - Oct 17 by IpswichBoyBlue

Yes it is, you may not have seen that much football though.

It's certainly not where this club should be.
Good win, poor performance on 19:28 - Oct 17 with 805 viewsSpruceMoose

Good win, poor performance on 19:21 - Oct 17 by Bluefish

Better they wish they had got it right in 1 though and not then made the same mistake the 2nd year as well

Right now, I'm sure they don't care.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024