Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes handed in a transfer request... 09:35 - Sep 1 with 19673 viewsITFCBlues

According to The Athletic

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:39 - Sep 1 with 5375 viewstractordownsouth

Our midfield should still be strong enough but that's a massive blow.

£3-£4m would be a fairer price however.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:41 - Sep 1 with 5349 viewshadleighboyblue

Terrible news if true , would leave our midfield very weak .

This could be the just the start of our problems
Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:43 - Sep 1 with 5308 viewshampstead_blue

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:39 - Sep 1 by tractordownsouth

With a very long list of add-ons.

I do feel we have such a poor track record in selling at a low price. Maybe add-ons are our only hope.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:44 - Sep 1 with 5281 viewsPinewoodblue

Lambert should be creating a belief in the minds of thr younger players that they are part of our future and they have an important part to playin gaining promotion, establishing the club in the championship and moving upwards from there.

Trouble is Lambert has no idea how to do it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:45 - Sep 1 with 5249 viewspointofblue

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:41 - Sep 1 by hadleighboyblue

Terrible news if true , would leave our midfield very weak .

This could be the just the start of our problems

Our problems started a long time ago.

If Palace put in a reasonable offer we would have accepted it, with or without Downes putting in a transfer request.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:45 - Sep 1 with 5241 viewsjayessess

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:43 - Sep 1 by hampstead_blue

I do feel we have such a poor track record in selling at a low price. Maybe add-ons are our only hope.

With the exception of that mad Summer in 2018-19, I don't think we do really.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:45 - Sep 1 with 5238 viewsHerbivore

Who would you say we've sold at a low price? I think generally we've got decent value for our players, especially with add ons.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:46 - Sep 1 with 5212 viewsEly_Blue

He’s under contract and we should either tell Palace or any other club to be honest that they either stump up a very substantial sum (£10m+) or they can sod off.

Sure it’s a lot of money for a L1 player but we don’t need to sell and regardless of if he has handed in a transfer request he is an ITFC player, he is still young so the chance of a move like this will come around again unlike with the Murphy situation where it was his last shot at a big contract.

Will Marcus have the balls to reject both the transfer request and any £4m bids? We will see

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Login to get fewer ads

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:47 - Sep 1 with 5200 viewstractordownsouth

Not sure, I think our record is average. Adam Webster was too low, but getting £8m for Mings after only 1 season in professional football was outstanding. Murphy at £4m was about right considering his age, and despite his importance to us at the time, there wasn't a lot we could do once he handed in the request.

Same with our record with fees - Waghorn was a bargain, KVY, Huws and Garner were well priced but we overspent hugely on Nolan, Nsiala, Edwards and Donacien.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:47 - Sep 1 with 5203 viewsGuthrum

We've garnered some pretty massive fees for players in recent years (Wickham, Cressewell, Mings). But in the current climate and with us in L1, that's unlikely to be replicated.

The bigger issue has been players running their contracts down and leaving for free, or having to pay them off because nobody wants to buy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:48 - Sep 1 with 5186 viewsPinewoodblue

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:45 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

Who would you say we've sold at a low price? I think generally we've got decent value for our players, especially with add ons.

While the money received may be OK the damage to team development is too high a price to play.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:48 - Sep 1 with 5178 viewsEly_Blue

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:47 - Sep 1 by tractordownsouth

Not sure, I think our record is average. Adam Webster was too low, but getting £8m for Mings after only 1 season in professional football was outstanding. Murphy at £4m was about right considering his age, and despite his importance to us at the time, there wasn't a lot we could do once he handed in the request.

Same with our record with fees - Waghorn was a bargain, KVY, Huws and Garner were well priced but we overspent hugely on Nolan, Nsiala, Edwards and Donacien.

Best piece of business was when we ripped Palace off for Wickham

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:49 - Sep 1 with 5162 viewsKieran_Knows

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:48 - Sep 1 by Ely_Blue

Best piece of business was when we ripped Palace off for Wickham

Sunderland...

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:49 - Sep 1 with 5158 viewsKieran_Knows

What a club, I mean, just what a club.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:50 - Sep 1 with 5128 viewshadleighboyblue

Not sure the midfield will still be strong enough - we haven't got a like for like replacement
Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:52 - Sep 1 with 5108 viewsBlueBadger

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:49 - Sep 1 by Kieran_Knows

What a club, I mean, just what a club.

Yeah, but the football IS better and we've seen so many new grounds.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 9:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:53 - Sep 1 with 5100 viewsHerbivore

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:48 - Sep 1 by Pinewoodblue

While the money received may be OK the damage to team development is too high a price to play.

That's a separate argument. I guess it depends on whether any fee might be reinvested, even just part of it. We will miss Downes but we aren't exactly light in numbers in midfield and I'd argue even without Downes there isn't a side at this level that can match our quality in that area. If we could then use a bit of the money to sign someone in an area where we're weaker - a new CB or a decent striker perhaps - then that would potentially leave us stronger as a squad overall. Of course, it may be that we sell him and don't reinvest a penny in which case it weakens us but my point stands that he plays in a position where we're still well stocked.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:53 - Sep 1 with 5097 viewsGuthrum

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:52 - Sep 1 by BlueBadger

Yeah, but the football IS better and we've seen so many new grounds.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2020 9:52]

We might see a load more at this rate.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:56 - Sep 1 with 5041 viewshype313

Such a shame if so, deep down I thought we would be lucky to keep him but also thought with him in our side we would have a far better chance of promotion even with the muppet in charge.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:59 - Sep 1 with 5006 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:46 - Sep 1 by Ely_Blue

He’s under contract and we should either tell Palace or any other club to be honest that they either stump up a very substantial sum (£10m+) or they can sod off.

Sure it’s a lot of money for a L1 player but we don’t need to sell and regardless of if he has handed in a transfer request he is an ITFC player, he is still young so the chance of a move like this will come around again unlike with the Murphy situation where it was his last shot at a big contract.

Will Marcus have the balls to reject both the transfer request and any £4m bids? We will see

Would love to agree with you mate but I think people are living in a dream world if they think we could get £10m for him!

I'm not convinced it would even take £4m for Evans to accept a bit...
Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:59 - Sep 1 with 4978 viewsEly_Blue

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:49 - Sep 1 by Kieran_Knows

Sunderland...

Sorry Sunderland

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 10:00 - Sep 1 with 4974 viewshype313

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:46 - Sep 1 by Ely_Blue

£10m? Half that at the very least.

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 10:00 - Sep 1 with 4972 viewshadleighboyblue

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:53 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

That's a separate argument. I guess it depends on whether any fee might be reinvested, even just part of it. We will miss Downes but we aren't exactly light in numbers in midfield and I'd argue even without Downes there isn't a side at this level that can match our quality in that area. If we could then use a bit of the money to sign someone in an area where we're weaker - a new CB or a decent striker perhaps - then that would potentially leave us stronger as a squad overall. Of course, it may be that we sell him and don't reinvest a penny in which case it weakens us but my point stands that he plays in a position where we're still well stocked.

We might have numbers in midfield , but we haven't got anyone like Downes to add a bit of steel .
Downes was a player we needed to keep , at least for this season , but can't blame him for wanting out
Downes handed in a transfer request... on 10:01 - Sep 1 with 4943 viewsEly_Blue

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 09:59 - Sep 1 by Matt_Netherlands

Would love to agree with you mate but I think people are living in a dream world if they think we could get £10m for him!

I'm not convinced it would even take £4m for Evans to accept a bit...

I’m not saying we could get £10m for him but in the same context we’re Barca ever going to get £600-700m for Messi? No, it’s a “well sure you want to buy him that’s the price” statement

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 10:02 - Sep 1 with 4905 viewshype313

Downes handed in a transfer request... on 10:01 - Sep 1 by Ely_Blue

I’m not saying we could get £10m for him but in the same context we’re Barca ever going to get £600-700m for Messi? No, it’s a “well sure you want to buy him that’s the price” statement

Really don't think you can use the Messi comparison.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024