Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... 14:54 - Apr 29 with 4231 viewsLibero

1. Shane Supple, GK
2. Gary Croft, DR
3. Matt Richards, DL
4. Titus Bramble, DC
5. Thomas Gaardsoe, DC
6. Teddy Bishop, MC
7. Josh Carson, MR
8. Owen Garvan, MC
9. Dean Bowditch, CF
10. Connor Wickham, CF
11. Ulrich LePen, ML

Sub: Ian Westlake
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 14:55]
Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:02 - Apr 29 with 2719 viewscbower

Harsh on Titus who played most of his career in the Premier League. What promise did Le Pen show in a Town shirt in the handful of minutes he played btw?

bluescouser

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:04 - Apr 29 with 2711 viewsBlueBadger

Thomas Gaardsoe who went on to play in the Premier League with West Brom and won a couple of caps for Denmark?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:04 - Apr 29 with 2709 viewsurbanblue

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:02 - Apr 29 by cbower

Harsh on Titus who played most of his career in the Premier League. What promise did Le Pen show in a Town shirt in the handful of minutes he played btw?

I was there on his debut and for the 9 minutes he played before he got injured he looked mint!
Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:10 - Apr 29 with 2689 viewsLibero

Re: Titus and Thomas, I put them both in as in my opinion when they both broke into the scene they looked like they could go all the way and become regular internationals. Indeed Titus in particular was being touted as a potential England player.

Both of course had fine careers, although Gasrdsoe’s was cut short due to injury, however neither delivered on their early promise in my opinion.
Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:19 - Apr 29 with 2652 viewsRoberds

A few more for you:

Jaime Peters
Danny Haynes (THAT goal aside)
Pim Balkenstein
Luke Hyam
Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:21 - Apr 29 with 2643 viewsGarv

Ian Westlake was an absolute star. For someone so young he had such a good engine and half decent goals record over his time. Good example of the good times under BFJ.

Also a good swimmer - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/3965687.stm

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:22 - Apr 29 with 2633 viewsGarv

Civelli.

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:22 - Apr 29 with 2633 viewsLibero

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:21 - Apr 29 by Garv

Ian Westlake was an absolute star. For someone so young he had such a good engine and half decent goals record over his time. Good example of the good times under BFJ.

Also a good swimmer - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/3965687.stm

Indeed he was great for us, again I just don’t feel he fulfilled his potential. Just look at the state of his post Ipswich career, rapid demise.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 15:23]
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:23 - Apr 29 with 2627 viewshomer_123

Le Pen never showed any promise.

Swap him for Civelli who was looking the part until his injury.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:24 - Apr 29 with 2623 viewsLibero

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:22 - Apr 29 by Garv

Civelli.

Civelli in for LePen.

Add Jaime Peters to the squad too, can’t believe I forgot him!
Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:24 - Apr 29 with 2624 viewshomer_123

To be fair - there is only 1 player - Dalian Atkinson

The guy could be utterly unplayable at times but never fulfilled his potential.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:26 - Apr 29 with 2613 viewsLibero

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:24 - Apr 29 by homer_123

To be fair - there is only 1 player - Dalian Atkinson

The guy could be utterly unplayable at times but never fulfilled his potential.

Before my time I’m afraid but I have seen videos of him in beast mode.
Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:33 - Apr 29 with 2588 viewsEwan_Oozami

Sito

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:33 - Apr 29 with 2589 viewsGeoffSentence

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:10 - Apr 29 by Libero

Re: Titus and Thomas, I put them both in as in my opinion when they both broke into the scene they looked like they could go all the way and become regular internationals. Indeed Titus in particular was being touted as a potential England player.

Both of course had fine careers, although Gasrdsoe’s was cut short due to injury, however neither delivered on their early promise in my opinion.

I thought Gaardsoe looked a bit lost on his debut, but he got better and better and in the end we were mugged off with his transfer fee. Defo wouldn't include him on this list. Likewise Bramble.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:34 - Apr 29 with 2588 viewsSWGF

There are three Premier League footballers in that list. What's the measurement criteria?!

Grant Ward

Unless I missed him scoring hat tricks in each subsequent appearance after his debut.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:34 - Apr 29 with 2583 viewsMookamoo

Chris Casement.
Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:34 - Apr 29 with 2584 viewsLibero

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:33 - Apr 29 by Ewan_Oozami

Sito

I always thought Sito overachieved considering the level he’d played at for most of his careeer before joining us!
Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:38 - Apr 29 with 2565 viewsGeoffSentence

I'd have Ellliot Hewitt and Sam Parkin in that list.

It might just have been me but I really thought EH was going to go on and be one of Wales' star players.

As for Sam Parkin hopes were so high when he arrived, and he ended up being not really that good after all.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:47 - Apr 29 with 2549 viewsLibero

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:34 - Apr 29 by SWGF

There are three Premier League footballers in that list. What's the measurement criteria?!

Grant Ward

Unless I missed him scoring hat tricks in each subsequent appearance after his debut.

It’s different for each player as each player showed a different level of promise.

Yes, Bramble had a good career but in his first season in the Premier League he looked like he would go on to be a big name and play for clubs of much greater stature than the likes of Wigan, Sunderland, etc.
Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 16:18 - Apr 29 with 2486 viewsfactual_blue

Lee Bracey
Michael Clegg

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 16:34 - Apr 29 with 2465 viewsChurchman

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:38 - Apr 29 by GeoffSentence

I'd have Ellliot Hewitt and Sam Parkin in that list.

It might just have been me but I really thought EH was going to go on and be one of Wales' star players.

As for Sam Parkin hopes were so high when he arrived, and he ended up being not really that good after all.

Parkin came with a reputation for scoring goals, but 45 minutes was enough to show he wasn’t good enough for Championship football. Of the players mentioned, for me it is Bowditch that fits the title of this thread best. I really thought he was going to be a good player, but it happens with some young players.They just go backwards.

For the older generation, one of the few players that Robson bought that never fulfilled his potential for me was Kevin O’Callaghan, bought from Millwall with a big reputation as a young player. It just never happened for him.
Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 16:37 - Apr 29 with 2462 viewshoppy

Dean Bowditch should definitely captain that side, given how many contract renewals he had in the hope that he would push on, without fulfilling his 'potential'.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 16:40 - Apr 29 with 2453 viewsGarv

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 15:22 - Apr 29 by Libero

Indeed he was great for us, again I just don’t feel he fulfilled his potential. Just look at the state of his post Ipswich career, rapid demise.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2020 15:23]

Yeah, I was trying to work out what happened. Other than knowing he went to Leeds for 400k I don't know really? Being pre-take over I assume that was a discount price, but did he fizzle out while still here?

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 16:41 - Apr 29 with 2444 viewshoppy

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 16:18 - Apr 29 by factual_blue

Lee Bracey
Michael Clegg

Clegg out!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 16:43 - Apr 29 with 2433 viewsRadlett_blue

Ipswich Players who never lived up to their early promise eleven... on 16:41 - Apr 29 by hoppy

Clegg out!

It's hard to work out which of the two Cleggs was worse.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024