Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Manager 2020 16:41 - Mar 17 with 1649 viewsLankHenners

In short, is it worth it?

Following on from the gaming thread elsewhere (not posting this on there so not to disrupt it), I was thinking of returning to FM after a few years' absence given that, like a lot of people, I now have more time when I'm at a bit of a loose end.

£40 on steam is quite a bit and whilst I've found it enjoyable in the past, I've heard/read lots of mixed reviews for this one but hard to judge some comments as they could just be people taking it too seriously getting mad that not everything falls their way.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Football Manager 2020 on 16:45 - Mar 17 with 1630 viewsclive_baker

I go through phases with it and it's very much mood dependant. I can settle in for a really good session one evening, especially if my little girl is sleeping and wife is at work. Other times I've fired it up and immediately closed it. I spend enough time in front of a spreadsheet in my day job, I much prefer getting out and about and being active in my spare time at the moment. I think I paid about £30 off one of these websites and in that respect I do think it's decent value to dip in and out of.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Football Manager 2020 on 16:46 - Mar 17 with 1621 viewsKieran_Knows

I mean, I love the game personally. I play it in the simplest of modes still (classic 2D pitch), I never watch highlights etc, so for me its perfect (I really CBA to watch games in 3D, and it always makes it laggy, IMO). Can't say I've ever paid more than £30 for it though.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Football Manager 2020 on 16:47 - Mar 17 with 1620 viewsKieran_Knows

Football Manager 2020 on 16:45 - Mar 17 by clive_baker

I go through phases with it and it's very much mood dependant. I can settle in for a really good session one evening, especially if my little girl is sleeping and wife is at work. Other times I've fired it up and immediately closed it. I spend enough time in front of a spreadsheet in my day job, I much prefer getting out and about and being active in my spare time at the moment. I think I paid about £30 off one of these websites and in that respect I do think it's decent value to dip in and out of.

Very much this. I done that last week with a save I was on (FC Luzern - 6 seasons in) and just shut it down straight away. Then I had all Sunday afternoon free, started a new game as PSV and was on it for about 3/4 hours.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Football Manager 2020 on 16:53 - Mar 17 with 1610 viewsSWGF

£28 here. It's where I got mine in November

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-2020-pc-steam-cd-key
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 16:53]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Football Manager 2020 on 16:55 - Mar 17 with 1589 viewsSWGF

Football Manager 2020 on 16:45 - Mar 17 by clive_baker

Exactly the same. I have one save (currently at Brighton and had just signed Erling Haaland on a free) which I played for 12hrs a day for weeks but then stopped. Don't reckon I've fired it up for a month.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Football Manager 2020 on 17:00 - Mar 17 with 1559 viewsLankHenners

Football Manager 2020 on 16:55 - Mar 17 by SWGF

Exactly the same. I have one save (currently at Brighton and had just signed Erling Haaland on a free) which I played for 12hrs a day for weeks but then stopped. Don't reckon I've fired it up for a month.

Thanks all, and to you for the reduced price link - helps the decision a bit.

Similarly to everyone I would have periods of happily sitting down for several hours with it then other times not having the slightest appetite to boot it up. Wouldn't have bothered but I fired up the Playstation for the first time in a long while the other evening and greatly enjoyed revisiting GTA V so thought I might check out other things I'd consigned to history.

I expect I'll get it, play it a lot over the next few weeks then get tired with it and leave it which is probably just about worth £28.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Football Manager 2020 on 17:09 - Mar 17 with 1542 viewsgainsboroughblue

Are there older versions out there that can be downloaded cheap, or even better free?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Football Manager 2020 on 17:32 - Mar 17 with 1511 viewsSWGF

Football Manager 2020 on 17:09 - Mar 17 by gainsboroughblue

Are there older versions out there that can be downloaded cheap, or even better free?

https://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Football%20manager

A few versions here. Pretty sure you can pick up the real vintage versions for free somewhere .

Login to get fewer ads

Football Manager 2020 on 17:48 - Mar 17 with 1481 viewsStokieBlue

Football Manager 2020 on 17:32 - Mar 17 by SWGF

https://www.cdkeys.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Football%20manager

A few versions here. Pretty sure you can pick up the real vintage versions for free somewhere .

Given I would almost certainly get fed up with it after a while, 7 quid for the 2018 version seems like a bargain.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Football Manager 2020 on 18:17 - Mar 17 with 1438 viewsclive_baker

Football Manager 2020 on 17:09 - Mar 17 by gainsboroughblue

Hang on, I think I have a link on whatsapp somewhere

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Football Manager 2020 on 22:09 - Mar 17 with 1347 viewsMelford

I like this year's version, you can leave the stuff you don't want to do to your staff and get on with it. You always have loads of people with every single version that comes out on FM forums and review saying "it's awful, the match engine is ***ked" "It's unplayable for me" and the like.
I don't think £40 is that bad, it's the only game I buy and play and I reckon for the time I'll spend on it over the year is worth my money.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024