Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The one good thing I can say about Lambert 21:47 - Mar 3 with 10165 viewsMullet

Making everyone walk over and clap the North, and doing it himself takes balls. He could easily have hid behind handshakes in the centre circle and slipped off down the tunnel. As much as he is hurting us, it's hurting him too on some level.

But this was how it was with Jewell, and until Hurst showed up never had we seen such hapless and dark days. There's little to suggest this even comes close, even the positive of Dobra and Simpson seems have had the varnish knocked off it in the space of a couple of days doesn't it?

Thank god we got our club back eh? It's rank and crumbling to dust in a blink of an eye now there's no one left to hold it together. Who the hell is going to look at us and want a go? Apart from the opposition.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:17 - Mar 3 with 1751 viewsMullet

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:48 - Mar 3 by BackToRussia

Look who was watching on too. You couldn't write it could you?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:20 - Mar 3 with 1741 viewspointofblue

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:48 - Mar 3 by BackToRussia

Whilst the atmosphere was fractious tonight I don't think it was quite as bad as the Hull match - that was really toxic.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:22 - Mar 3 with 1717 viewsMullet

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:20 - Mar 3 by pointofblue

Whilst the atmosphere was fractious tonight I don't think it was quite as bad as the Hull match - that was really toxic.

I did wonder for a second if we were going to see another huddle to be fair.

Toxic seems to have slipped into lazy cliché now doesn't it? We're hardly seeing threats, intimidation or acts of vandalism are we?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:23 - Mar 3 with 1708 viewsOxford_Blue

It’s all superficial.
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:31 - Mar 3 with 1657 viewsFunge

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:14 - Mar 3 by Mullet

It doesn't matter, he's gone. But in 18months we've levelled out the rank triumphalism and sense of victory, to span even darker times and result in those calls for Warnock...…. mindblowing delusion.

I'm not sure how you or anyone can insist the "fans had lost him" (which is true) and play down the manner of his departure though. I'm not sure anyone has ever suggested it was more than a few pricks who did that at Brentford but that became a sideshow everyone could condemn from both sides of the fence.

However, to go from three little birds and not many more wins, with Hurst's demolition job thrown in and still not be questioning everything we do or want is perilous. We're down here for a long time it looks like. Evans can't and probably won't change that.

Hmmm, think we're coming at cross-purposes at this.

MM had been here for 5 years when we went to Carrow Rd in February 2018. In that time, we had played those cnts 7 times, and never come close to beating them once. He knew the depth of the rivalry, the importance of that game to those who follow this club. Most things will be forgiven if we beat Norfolk.

Chambers scored, cue mass delirium. (I got smacked in the face, and it felt sweet.)

Mick's first reaction? To scream 'Fck Off' at the away fans. I'm not offended by being told to 'Fck off''; however, I'm astonished that this was his instinctive reaction.

Right there, you saw the gap between the manager and the fans. There was never going to be a fix to that, regardless of the revisionism from others on this site that suggested he was 'forced out' by the fans.

I'm in broad agreement with the rest of your post. Evans is desperate. He lacks the malice of the Oystons, or the avaricious nature of SISU - but he fully shares their competence.

Anyway, we go again Saturday, Coventry, right?
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:36 - Mar 3 with 1637 viewspatrickswell

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:31 - Mar 3 by Funge

Hmmm, think we're coming at cross-purposes at this.

MM had been here for 5 years when we went to Carrow Rd in February 2018. In that time, we had played those cnts 7 times, and never come close to beating them once. He knew the depth of the rivalry, the importance of that game to those who follow this club. Most things will be forgiven if we beat Norfolk.

Chambers scored, cue mass delirium. (I got smacked in the face, and it felt sweet.)

Mick's first reaction? To scream 'Fck Off' at the away fans. I'm not offended by being told to 'Fck off''; however, I'm astonished that this was his instinctive reaction.

Right there, you saw the gap between the manager and the fans. There was never going to be a fix to that, regardless of the revisionism from others on this site that suggested he was 'forced out' by the fans.

I'm in broad agreement with the rest of your post. Evans is desperate. He lacks the malice of the Oystons, or the avaricious nature of SISU - but he fully shares their competence.

Anyway, we go again Saturday, Coventry, right?

Funge - some of those fans at Norwich in 2018 thought that 0-0 away from home at Norwich and under pressure from an inspired James Maddison was the time to start airing, “Mick McCarthy, you’re football is s––e”. Mick’s reaction was unwise but not unprovoked.
Still, I’m sure that the people who sung that on that day must have been the only Town fans who took anything positive out of Klose’s equaliser.
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:36 - Mar 3 with 1639 viewsGarv

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:15 - Mar 3 by Herbivore

Especially when he'd had a better half than Nolan and Dozzell imo.

I’m close to giving up on both those after tonight, Nolan definitely. Dozzell has promise and one good pass out of 20 but simply doesn’t look bothered and runs around aimlessly mistiming challenges.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:38 - Mar 3 with 1625 viewspointofblue

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:22 - Mar 3 by Mullet

Toxic seems to have slipped into lazy cliché now doesn't it? We're hardly seeing threats, intimidation or acts of vandalism are we?

True; I just mean a really horrible atmosphere to play in and the fans turning against the owner/manager/players.

Admittedly the chants and boos were purely aimed at Mick against Hull - tonight everyone got stick. We've become a sharing bunch.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:39 - Mar 3 with 1610 viewsmrshallisfit

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:36 - Mar 3 by patrickswell

Funge - some of those fans at Norwich in 2018 thought that 0-0 away from home at Norwich and under pressure from an inspired James Maddison was the time to start airing, “Mick McCarthy, you’re football is s––e”. Mick’s reaction was unwise but not unprovoked.
Still, I’m sure that the people who sung that on that day must have been the only Town fans who took anything positive out of Klose’s equaliser.

This
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:40 - Mar 3 with 1591 viewsSwansea_Blue

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:53 - Mar 3 by JammyDodgerrr

Don’t agree with this. We were poor again and it’s clearly not working but shouldn’t be throwing abuse at them. It’s just football at the end of the day and it will be hurting chambers just as much.

I didn't like that either. But I'm sure they realise it's inevitable. The make-up fist pumps will be even better when we do something good for a change.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:42 - Mar 3 with 1570 viewsSwansea_Blue

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:20 - Mar 3 by pointofblue

I'm not sure people can be bothered to be angry even. We've been ground down and are pretty numb.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:45 - Mar 3 with 1540 viewsFunge

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:36 - Mar 3 by patrickswell

I'm not disagreeing with your main argument here. There's a time and a place for giving the manager sh1te - Carrow Rd is never, and will never be, that place. It was appalling stuff from some of ours.

The wider point stands, however. It was time for him to go. Sadly, Evans subsequently got it spectacularly wrong, as he always, always does.
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:46 - Mar 3 with 1528 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:58 - Mar 3 by Plums

As was his treatment of McGavin. Very poor to throw a young lad in tonight and then hook him at half time.

I’m disgusted with that.

Throws the kid in the deep end who is then one of the better players and taken off at half time so the usual suspects could continue to be awful.

Nolan was as bad as I’ve ever seen him. Garbutt was awful. Judge was clueless. Keane was pathetic. Dozzell did okay aside from several no look 100mph passes.

But what does this say to McGavin. Come in and do well and then you’ll be hooked off for someone doing nothing.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:49 - Mar 3 with 1519 viewsReuser_is_God

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:36 - Mar 3 by Garv

I’m close to giving up on both those after tonight, Nolan definitely. Dozzell has promise and one good pass out of 20 but simply doesn’t look bothered and runs around aimlessly mistiming challenges.

Nolan is fcuking sh1t

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:54 - Mar 3 with 1497 viewsWicklowBlue

Not important as I'm an overseas supporter in terms of Season Ticket income....but I'm out and have known this season was going south for a few months.

In general, it's been a sh&t show...yes I blame Lambo ultimately as manager for not having a settled side/formation/strategy and he needs to go.

However we need a complete rebuild as the players have brought us to here. Lack of confidence, believe, stupid mistakes, determination, grit, balls I can keep on going.

Imho we have seen our senior players captitulate time and time again. Poor defending, same goals conceded etc etc. Time to cull the squads senior players, manager and take our medicine. Prep for a continued stay in L1 while getting rid of the rot. The only way this phoenix rises from the flames
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 23:28 - Mar 3 with 1436 viewspatrickswell

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:46 - Mar 3 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I’m disgusted with that.

Throws the kid in the deep end who is then one of the better players and taken off at half time so the usual suspects could continue to be awful.

Nolan was as bad as I’ve ever seen him. Garbutt was awful. Judge was clueless. Keane was pathetic. Dozzell did okay aside from several no look 100mph passes.

But what does this say to McGavin. Come in and do well and then you’ll be hooked off for someone doing nothing.

As someone put it on Twitter, “The coward’s way out - subs the youngster who he knows won’t challenge him over it.”

According to Stuart Watson, Will Keane DID challenge the bench when he was subbed, so clearly the players don’t think it’s wrong to publically call out Lambert on his decisions.
The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 02:44 - Mar 4 with 1296 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 21:53 - Mar 3 by Mullet

Chambers must end up shedding a tear or two tonight? What else can he do or give only to have manager after manager come in and drag us down further?

I don't blame anyone for booing or being pissed off etc. I just don't see where we go from here without yet more upheaval and adjustment to the losses Evans keeps making, financially and in a footballing sense.

I think, and it's a worrying thought, that our only way forward now is to somehow embrace that greater upheaval.

We have a number of senior players who may do a job at this level but it seems like they need a new environment in order to achieve that. We have a number of young-ish prospects who have had various degrees of exposure to the first team (a number of whom we almost certainly may not be able to hold on to). We have a number of fairly regular first team members who simply do not appear up to the job whether through lack of skill or lack of application.

We also have a manager who, depending on who you listen to on here, could manage the kind of rebuild we seem to need over 2 or 3 years or would make a dog's dinner out of such a project.

We have an owner who keeps us alive but for what end? Evans bought us at just the wrong time - the game moved very rapidly away from what he could afford - and we can only speculate about the veracity of his comments about selling to the "right people" being founded on securing the club's future or on securing him the best payback (those are not mutually exclusive, of course, but the combination seems to limit the options).

I think what I'm most afraid of is that the problems we have cannot be resolved by a single change, be that owner, manager, or a review of the playing staff. It just seems like ALL of those things need to change before we take some tentative steps forward.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 02:58 - Mar 4 with 1287 viewstextbackup

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 22:22 - Mar 3 by Mullet

we didn't have those things before, but toxic was the words used to describe a few boos

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 03:08 - Mar 4 with 1277 viewstextbackup

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 23:28 - Mar 3 by patrickswell

As someone put it on Twitter, “The coward’s way out - subs the youngster who he knows won’t challenge him over it.”

According to Stuart Watson, Will Keane DID challenge the bench when he was subbed, so clearly the players don’t think it’s wrong to publically call out Lambert on his decisions.

will fckin keane believed he should have remained on the pitch? absolutely deluded if he thinks that was even worthy of reserve level SIL football what he put in

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 06:49 - Mar 4 with 1141 viewsTractorWood

The one good thing I can say about Lambert on 02:58 - Mar 4 by textbackup

we didn't have those things before, but toxic was the words used to describe a few boos

Such is the lack of leadership that we have to go through this cycle with every lame duck manager.

- generally ok performances or results
- a few bad results but we remain positive
- about a dozen more poor games where some start to sharpen their opinions whilst others rally and cry patience
- another 5/6 absolute dross performances where everyone brings up emotional responses like 'I've been supporting Town since 1967'
- it's then apathetic from most, crowds dwindle back to the core support, most of whom come from habit and toxicity from a vocal minority who still come knowing we will lose
- this then gets so bad that the manager has to either quit to maintain some type of dignity or Evans starts to see the financial impact and finally puts the manager out of their misery but 2 months too late

We then get a new manager, ignore the years of underinvestment and neglect that haven't been addressed hoping that (depending on their predecessor) another young dynamic manager or someone who 'knows how to get out of this league' can somehow swim against the tide and conjure a miracle of biblical proportions.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024