Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plenty of possession with little end product 08:33 - Mar 3 with 3265 viewsGlasgowBlue

The thing that frustrated me most on Saturday, and other games I’ve been to, is that we fail to get the ball into the box.

We play the ball about nicely in midfield, get to the edge of the opposition box and rather than putting in a cross we go backwards and start again.

Really frustrating.

Also, when we do attack we don’t have many players in their box which again causes the attack to break down.

When the opposition attack they have players in our box and they put our defenders under pressure. We rarely do this.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 8:39]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Plenty of possession with little end product on 13:00 - Mar 3 with 471 viewsmonty_radio

Plenty of possession with little end product on 11:13 - Mar 3 by Illinoisblue

We have a plodding and pedestrian midfield. Crying out for Dozzell’s creativity.

I think that the fact that this thread ran through a dozen contributions before he got a mention tells you something. We've all wanted to believe, but, at the same time, we have to confess that we've mainly actually seen what those managers who have talked him up then not played him have also seen.

And while Dozzell has not arrived as the answer, any post suggesting Kenlock as some sort of answer is sadly even more rose-tinted thus far.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Plenty of possession with little end product on 14:12 - Mar 3 with 434 viewsIllinoisblue

Plenty of possession with little end product on 13:00 - Mar 3 by monty_radio

I think that the fact that this thread ran through a dozen contributions before he got a mention tells you something. We've all wanted to believe, but, at the same time, we have to confess that we've mainly actually seen what those managers who have talked him up then not played him have also seen.

And while Dozzell has not arrived as the answer, any post suggesting Kenlock as some sort of answer is sadly even more rose-tinted thus far.

He’s never been given a run in the side.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Plenty of possession with little end product on 16:01 - Mar 3 with 407 viewsEireannach_gorm

Plenty of possession with little end product on 08:37 - Mar 3 by Chrisd

We pass in parts of the pitch that don't hurt teams and our opponents allow us to have it in those areas. We aren't brave enough on the ball when we go forwards, move the ball slowly and we lack pace through-out the side so when we break invariably we come backwards because there's not many other Town players up in support. This then allows the opposition to get back in their defensive position and any attacking impetus is lost. It was the same last season too.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 8:39]

You would nearly think it was a tactic.
Plenty of possession with little end product on 16:03 - Mar 3 with 404 viewsitfcjoe

Plenty of possession with little end product on 13:00 - Mar 3 by PhilTWTD

Wouldn't be so sure about that.

So he starts tonight then...!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Plenty of possession with little end product on 16:08 - Mar 3 with 402 viewsportmanroadblue

And no one prepared have a shot
Plenty of possession with little end product on 16:33 - Mar 3 with 388 viewscarlisleaway

Plenty of possession with little end product on 16:08 - Mar 3 by portmanroadblue

And no one prepared have a shot

When was the last time we scores from open play outside the box ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024