Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about 16:43 - Feb 27 with 9067 viewsLord_Lucan

For me it was when I was chatting to a bloke on a Jolly Boys about amateur football and I said that I used to play at quite a high level.

In reality I had trials for my county when I was 15 but I suppose a "High level" is something like playing for minimum a decent non league team.

There are of course many other things that I look back and cringe about but I think that one takes the biscuit.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:12 - Feb 28 with 4060 viewsartsbossbeard

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:02 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

Oh yeah.

Apart from that?

That's the one time.

Once in Blackpool and once in Brighton. Think that's it.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:14 - Feb 28 with 4055 viewsdickie

I played a gig once at a beer festival and by the end of our last set I had sampled my fair share to say the least. Got talking to a chap at the end who I'd assumed was just the standard guitar geek hanging about at the end. He asked me what I did for a day job and i told him I worked for a neighbouring county's music service teaching guitar in schools. He asked me why I don't work for my local music service instead and I drunkenly responded that they don't pay enough and that I'd heard that their guitar syllabus they use use is "absolute sh1t". He responded with... "is that right? I wrote it." So I'll be remaining with the neighbouring county for the foreseeable!
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:19 - Feb 28 with 4033 viewsRobTheMonk

Me and my mates used to go to this club on a weekly basis. We got to know the DJ quite well and it turned out that he was gay. He would give us free champagne that he had in the fridge in the DJ booth but only if I danced to Ricky Martin's Livin' La Vida Loca. It literally would get announced over the PA system, the dancefloor would part as people had no idea what was about to happen and then I'd do my Ricky Martin dance. I was normally pissed as a fart by that point so didn't care haha!
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:20 - Feb 28 with 4033 viewsPecker

Not something I said, but did. I was walking to the taxi rank totally off my head and saw a car with something on the roof. Assuming it was a taxi I got in and gave the driver my address. I woke up in a police cell. When the desk sargent heard I was awake, he came and opened the door and let me go. On the way out he explained I had got in the back of a Police car, mistaking it for a taxi. The officers thought for my own safety, I should spend the night with them.
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:22 - Feb 28 with 4021 viewsRadlett_blue

I was approached at a party. I took a drunken look at this person and asked "Are you a bloke or a girl?"
"Don't you recognise me, Dermot?"
It was a very attractive ex girlfriend. Somehow, I failed to rekindle the relationship.
She is now rich and famous (and still quite attractive).
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 14:26]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:25 - Feb 28 with 4010 viewsDeano69

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:20 - Feb 28 by Pecker

Not something I said, but did. I was walking to the taxi rank totally off my head and saw a car with something on the roof. Assuming it was a taxi I got in and gave the driver my address. I woke up in a police cell. When the desk sargent heard I was awake, he came and opened the door and let me go. On the way out he explained I had got in the back of a Police car, mistaking it for a taxi. The officers thought for my own safety, I should spend the night with them.

I did a similar thing in Boston MA, me and a mate absolutely wasted jumped in to what we that was a cab, it was the plod. Gladly they saw the funny side and helped us back to our hotel, which we didn't know the know or location, just a vague description of the exterior and receptionist....

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:29 - Feb 28 with 3988 viewsmonytowbray

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:20 - Feb 28 by Pecker

That's reminded me of when I got kicked out of an A&E bed in Ipswich Hospital at 6am on a Sunday.

Home game and the Norwegian Supporters were over. I got on it at 11am after being out the night before until 3am. Ended up going to the Jude and then a gig at the Smokehouse after with like 10 of them. Around 11pm when the gig finished I started walking home to Ravenswood. Air and movement must have hit me as I remember leaving the pub and getting to the big hill at the start of Nacton Road, then blank. Next thing you know some bloke's woke me up passed out on the grass verge just before the Clapgate Lane turning. I went to get up to finish my journey home and he said "No mate I've called you an Ambulance" and made me wait for it. I vaguely remember being in the ambulance and that's it. Next thing you know I've woke up fully clothed in a hospital bed at 6am by a nurse and politely told to p1ss off with one hell of a hangover.

Not proud of that one, bloke who called an Ambulance did the right thing but such a waste of public resource.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:39 - Feb 28 with 3964 viewsLord_Lucan

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:29 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

That's reminded me of when I got kicked out of an A&E bed in Ipswich Hospital at 6am on a Sunday.

Home game and the Norwegian Supporters were over. I got on it at 11am after being out the night before until 3am. Ended up going to the Jude and then a gig at the Smokehouse after with like 10 of them. Around 11pm when the gig finished I started walking home to Ravenswood. Air and movement must have hit me as I remember leaving the pub and getting to the big hill at the start of Nacton Road, then blank. Next thing you know some bloke's woke me up passed out on the grass verge just before the Clapgate Lane turning. I went to get up to finish my journey home and he said "No mate I've called you an Ambulance" and made me wait for it. I vaguely remember being in the ambulance and that's it. Next thing you know I've woke up fully clothed in a hospital bed at 6am by a nurse and politely told to p1ss off with one hell of a hangover.

Not proud of that one, bloke who called an Ambulance did the right thing but such a waste of public resource.

My mates ex wife used to run The County of Suffolk and we had some very over the top sessions in there, I think the longest was three days. On more than one occasion I've had to walk into town and buy a new shirt as I had red wine spillage and then get back on it.

Anyway, after one crazy session my mate was so incapable that his ex through him out around 5am and he started to make the long walk to his house near the Railway on Foxhall Rd - however he got to near the college and collapsed in the street. A cop car eventually went past stopped and concerned for his well-being asked where he lived, to which he replied "The County". So about three hours after leaving he was delivered back and started again!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:49 - Feb 28 with 3948 viewsmonytowbray

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:39 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

My mates ex wife used to run The County of Suffolk and we had some very over the top sessions in there, I think the longest was three days. On more than one occasion I've had to walk into town and buy a new shirt as I had red wine spillage and then get back on it.

Anyway, after one crazy session my mate was so incapable that his ex through him out around 5am and he started to make the long walk to his house near the Railway on Foxhall Rd - however he got to near the college and collapsed in the street. A cop car eventually went past stopped and concerned for his well-being asked where he lived, to which he replied "The County". So about three hours after leaving he was delivered back and started again!

HAHAHA!

I once went out on a Friday when I lived in Stow briefly with a friend and ex fling from my teens. We drank a lot of Sambuca in Bury and I got kicked out of Flex for punching someone who was getting a bit sex pesty squeezed her arse (didn't kick him out and not the first time I've heard of similar happening there.

She paid for a cab home for me and put me in it, but for whatever reason I decided to get out (and forgot to grab the cash she'd paid lol) and walk to my grandparents. Got back there at 4am and realised I had no key and they weren't in. It was February and freezing, but my Nan's house has a little closed off front porch so I zipped my coat up, put my hood up and slept on the doormat. Woke up at 6am and went back to Town. Charged my phone in Starbucks, had a coffee, ate 4 Maccie D hash browns and then decided I didn't want to go home (at the time I was living with my ex and we'd broke up 1 month before) so went back to Spoons at 8.30am still in lastnight's clothes and a mouth that tasted of stale booze and fags.

Went to the bar and they wouldn't serve booze til 9, so I waited then worked through 3 cocktail pitchers until midday when my friend from the night before arrived. Carried on boozing and ended up in the Abbey feeding nuts to squirrels p1ssed out of my face. Finally decided to head home around 5pm. Debated lobbing myself in front of the train whilst it pulled up as I was quite depressed but didn't. Got home and checked my phone and I had around 7-8 people messaging me to check I was okay as my FB posts left a lot to be desired to my mental state.

Slept for 12 hours then the next day moved out of the house with my ex into my flat in Ipswich with Ogle.

This is why I shouldn't drink really, my sessions are far from being done because I'm happy and fancy a laugh. They're utter car crashes where I basically try to end myself. I'm almost 12 weeks sober RN after a very rocky 2019 with alcohol. It's evidently not for me and it's taken 16 years to see it.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 14:51]

TWTD never forgets…

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 15:35 - Feb 28 with 3896 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:22 - Feb 28 by Radlett_blue

I was approached at a party. I took a drunken look at this person and asked "Are you a bloke or a girl?"
It was a very attractive ex girlfriend. Somehow, I failed to rekindle the relationship.

Davina McCall?
[Post edited 28 Feb 2020 15:35]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 15:45 - Feb 28 with 3883 viewsSikamikanico

Me friend once claimed he was a professional footballer for Colchester and that I was his agent.

I cringe more because the girls were genuinely impressed at him playing fol colchester
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:07 - Feb 28 with 3852 viewsBackToRussia

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:39 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

What were you doing for 3 days?! Only so much drunken sh1te to talk surely.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:08 - Feb 28 with 3853 viewsBrixtonBlue

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 14:22 - Feb 28 by Radlett_blue

Come on, spill the beans, who is she?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:24 - Feb 28 with 3835 viewsSikamikanico

This reminds me of a night out with work.

We met up with one of the bosses who was out on a "business networking event" with other local businessmen.

One of them was hammered. We called a taxi for him. Took 10 minutes ot get him in it. Gave the driver the address.

A short while later the same taxi brings him back. Drunken man hands over £50 and clambers out and buys a half dozen bottles of champagne
What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:26 - Feb 28 with 3834 viewsmonytowbray

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:08 - Feb 28 by BrixtonBlue

I also want to know.

If I posted that we'd have a 12 pager challenging my ego at this point!

TWTD never forgets…

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:30 - Feb 28 with 3825 viewsLord_Lucan

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:07 - Feb 28 by BackToRussia

What were you doing for 3 days?! Only so much drunken sh1te to talk surely.

I had sold a business and thought I could semi retire (little did I know)

I spent every day either in the pub or going through the whole box set of Frasier whilst drinking wine.

I guess it was fun but it didn't last.

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:32 - Feb 28 with 3818 viewsBackToRussia

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:30 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

I had sold a business and thought I could semi retire (little did I know)

I spent every day either in the pub or going through the whole box set of Frasier whilst drinking wine.

I guess it was fun but it didn't last.

Haha, you'dve been ded in about a few months. Glad you didn't 'retire'

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:34 - Feb 28 with 3815 viewsLord_Lucan

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:32 - Feb 28 by BackToRussia

Haha, you'dve been ded in about a few months. Glad you didn't 'retire'

I tried my best on both

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:37 - Feb 28 with 3807 viewsBackToRussia

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:34 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

I tried my best on both

Jesus pal. Glad that seems to be over. I've been worrying about booze but you're making me feel silly with my 3 pints a night.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:38 - Feb 28 with 3805 viewsmonytowbray

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:37 - Feb 28 by BackToRussia

Jesus pal. Glad that seems to be over. I've been worrying about booze but you're making me feel silly with my 3 pints a night.

3 pints of vodka?

TWTD never forgets…

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:39 - Feb 28 with 3805 viewsLord_Lucan

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:37 - Feb 28 by BackToRussia

3 pints a night is fine.

I no longer touch a drop from Saturday - Tuesday inclusive.

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:42 - Feb 28 with 3800 viewsBackToRussia

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:38 - Feb 28 by monytowbray

3 pints of vodka?

Haha you're helping me feel better about myself too callis.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:42 - Feb 28 with 3798 viewsBackToRussia

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:39 - Feb 28 by Lord_Lucan

3 pints a night is fine.

I no longer touch a drop from Saturday - Tuesday inclusive.

How much when you're on it?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Caitlyn Jenner on 16:46 - Feb 28 with 3792 viewsDyland

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:08 - Feb 28 by BrixtonBlue

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:50 - Feb 28 with 3781 viewsLord_Lucan

What daft thing have you said whilst p1ssed that you still cringe about on 16:42 - Feb 28 by BackToRussia

How much when you're on it?

I suppose on average four pints and a bottle and a half of wine. Sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024