Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point does Lambert get the shove? 18:32 - Feb 26 with 8073 viewsclive_baker

Realistically, while we're in with a shout of the playoffs he isn't going anywhere, but if it becomes mathematically impossible for us to finish inside them, does he go at that point? What if we sneak into 6th and we're dumped out in the semis? Does that buy him another season? I guess it depends to an extent on any clauses that might or might not exist in his contract.

I have an opportunity to do some digging on Tuesday pre match.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:55 - Feb 27 with 1555 viewsCoastalblue

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:42 - Feb 27 by Herbivore

You think ME thinks we're doing well? He's not that clueless.

On the pitch, no I doubt he does, but as I said above I get the feeling he thinks PL is doing a lot of work rebuilding or revamping the club however you want to phrase it.

That seemed to be a lot of the PL spin when he came in and maybe he's convinced Evans we're rotten through and it's going to take some time to sort out.

I don't think Lambert is being judged by Evans purely on results, otherwise why hand out a long term contract? If that's the case then it's likely he still feels he's doing the job he was rewarded for.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:57 - Feb 27 with 1551 viewsHarry_Palmer

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:43 - Feb 27 by GlasgowBlue

I think we will start next season with him regardless.

You say that but I'm not so sure. The atmosphere at PR regarding Lambert is currently on a knife edge. If we lose the next two home games, which is entirely possible, it could get very ugly indeed.
At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 08:00 - Feb 27 with 1542 viewsHerbivore

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:55 - Feb 27 by Coastalblue

On the pitch, no I doubt he does, but as I said above I get the feeling he thinks PL is doing a lot of work rebuilding or revamping the club however you want to phrase it.

That seemed to be a lot of the PL spin when he came in and maybe he's convinced Evans we're rotten through and it's going to take some time to sort out.

I don't think Lambert is being judged by Evans purely on results, otherwise why hand out a long term contract? If that's the case then it's likely he still feels he's doing the job he was rewarded for.

I don't buy this off the pitch stuff to be honest. What does it actually equate to in practice? He doesn't seem to have revamped our scouting network given his main target in January was Connor Wickham. He's not doing a great deal to create a pathway from academy to first team, given his preference for selecting underperforming journeymen over talented youngsters. Aside from saying nice things and a bit more community engagement, what has he actually done?

He got a 5 year contract offered to him when we were top and looked to be cruising and there was reported interest in him. I think too much is being read into it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 08:33 - Feb 27 with 1515 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 07:43 - Feb 27 by GlasgowBlue

I think we will start next season with him regardless.

Me too, barring an absolutely catastrophic end to the season (arguably current form is already at the stage but I’m thinking something like 9 defeats and sliding to the bottom half, rather than being a bit cr*p and finishing 8th which is what I think will actually happen)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 08:41 - Feb 27 with 1504 viewsLB27

He should’ve got the shove after we lost 4-1 to Peterborough, but some deluded man had already gifted him a 4 year contract which blows my mind.

I don’t see how any one person that is right of mind could even consider keeping him on if we don’t make the playoffs. However if we make the playoffs but fail to go up I think that will be enough for evens which in my opinion is crazy but our club has fallen and we’re in a bit of a mess now to say the least.

Anything other than promotion is complete failure and a waste of an opportunity to bounce back at the first time of asking. So i’d sack him right now and get Warnock in with the faint hope that he can give us that short turm lift we need to get back into the playoffs and back up into the championship.
At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 08:44 - Feb 27 with 1501 viewsBigManBlue

When/if season ticket sales are drastically down.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 08:50 - Feb 27 with 1489 viewsElephantintheRoom

Maybe in five years?

In a more tolerant era after George Burley piloted Town to relegation he was given five years to rebuild what was actually a very good side. After a fairly inept first season back in the second division he managed to avoid the play-offs on the last day of the season by going for a self-defeating 0-0 draw with Milwall. This is more or less the situation Town are in now.

Year by year the team got better and better - and routinely avoided promotiton until the club eventually went up via the play-offs (ie 3rd place - despite being clearly the best team in the division).

Lambert has been given five years. It would be nice to think that some supporters might give him five months - or erhaps even the chance his employer clearly thinks he deserves.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 08:59 - Feb 27 with 1469 viewsHerbivore

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 08:50 - Feb 27 by ElephantintheRoom

Maybe in five years?

In a more tolerant era after George Burley piloted Town to relegation he was given five years to rebuild what was actually a very good side. After a fairly inept first season back in the second division he managed to avoid the play-offs on the last day of the season by going for a self-defeating 0-0 draw with Milwall. This is more or less the situation Town are in now.

Year by year the team got better and better - and routinely avoided promotiton until the club eventually went up via the play-offs (ie 3rd place - despite being clearly the best team in the division).

Lambert has been given five years. It would be nice to think that some supporters might give him five months - or erhaps even the chance his employer clearly thinks he deserves.

Do you ever not talk total boll0cks?

Login to get fewer ads

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 09:01 - Feb 27 with 1468 viewsHarry_Palmer

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 08:50 - Feb 27 by ElephantintheRoom

Maybe in five years?

We are in the third division, not the Championship.

We have one of the biggest budgets in the division and I strongly suspect we have highest paid manager in the division.

We have easily one of the six strongest squads in the division.

Lambert is showing no signs of implementing anything in terms of a philosophy or style.

The situations are not comparable, Burley was clearly building something from the start. Lambert does not deserve patience and time based on his frankly terrible performance so far this season.
At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 09:10 - Feb 27 with 1453 viewsDubtractor

Maybe in five years?

Our relegated team in 95 was not a good team. At all.

It was mostly a team of aging jouneymenand players well above their level if I recall correctly.

Just checked and that's exactly what it was.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 9:15]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 09:14 - Feb 27 with 1448 viewsHerbivore

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 09:10 - Feb 27 by Dubtractor

It was mostly a team of aging jouneymenand players well above their level if I recall correctly.

Many pundits were predicting us to do a Swindon and have back to back relegation. The notion that we failed that season is laughable, almost as laughable as the suggestion we played for a draw in failing to break down a Millwall side playing a 9-1-0 formation whilst missing our main strikers. I expect nothing less from this poster though, his sole purpose is to be contrarian and to try to be an edge lord.

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 09:36 - Feb 27 with 1428 viewsr2d2

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 01:00 - Feb 27 by rgp1

If we crash and burn in March and April I suspect season ticket sales may have a bearing on things.

Evans is only interested in money. So this is very probable. Its the only thing that man understands.
At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 10:12 - Feb 27 with 1399 viewspatrickswell

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 09:10 - Feb 27 by Dubtractor

But in 95-96, that “team of ageing journeymen” were the highest goal scorers in the four divisions, posted 4 victories against the sides who went up at the end of the season and also gained victories against the other sides who finished in the top 6, knocked the Premier League champions out of the FA Cup (away from home) and won a local derby.

Inconsistency against the lesser teams and a slow start scuppered us but we had both short term joy and in the emergence of Wright, Scowcroft and Vaughan we had some long-term optimism as well.

So far, Lambert’s won a penalty shootout against Peterborough.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 10:13]
At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 11:36 - Feb 27 with 1374 viewstextbackup

At what point does Lambert get the shove? on 18:55 - Feb 26 by Herbivore

I don't think I'll renew if we're in League 1 with Lambert still in charge. I'd be surprised if there aren't plenty of others who feel the same. I imagine that might force ME's hand. I genuinely don't know what Evans is seeing that makes him think Lambert might be the man for a long term project.

I get the feeling PL talks a good game to ME. He’s clearly listened to him regarding tidying up the ground and training ground etc... he has probably filled his head with Dortmund BS and Evans has fallen for it.
Just like many of us did last season, I brought into PL, why wouldn’t I. I fancied having a positive lookout on the future of the club.... reality has of course now set in

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024