Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London event last night 07:23 - Feb 19 with 15442 viewsitfcjoe

Any insight from those who went?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

London event last night on 13:12 - Feb 19 with 2443 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 13:11 - Feb 19 by SomethingBlue

You've ruined a good thread once again, you should be ashamed.

Ashamed

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

London event last night on 13:13 - Feb 19 with 2443 viewsportmanking

London event last night on 13:10 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

Wonderful dedication to copy and paste all of that. Top stuff

And that's all he can come back with.

Plenty of substance there... just go back under your stone. You're a grown man FFS, act your age.
London event last night on 13:14 - Feb 19 with 2434 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 13:13 - Feb 19 by portmanking

And that's all he can come back with.

Plenty of substance there... just go back under your stone. You're a grown man FFS, act your age.

I'm loving your blubbing here please do keep it up

London event last night on 13:14 - Feb 19 with 2440 viewsSuperfrans

London event last night on 10:29 - Feb 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

The captaincy issue is a very important and relevant point.

I wonder if there is mileage in encouraging Downes and Woolfenden to become more verbal and confident in managing players older and more experienced than themselves with a view to them being captains of the future. It must be that or bringing in someone with the character and skills already. I thought that was something James Collins brought for the brief time he was here as well as Walters.

The big issue next season is likely to be centre halves, so you'd hope PL is looking to resolve that with at least one captain contender.

If we don't go up, Woolfie may go, Chambers will be another year older, Earl will go back. We'll be left with WIlson as our only centre half of reasonable age - and even he will be 31 later this month. We may need to sign as many as 3/4 centre halves, given how fond we are of 3 at the back.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

London event last night on 13:15 - Feb 19 with 2433 viewsSuperfrans

London event last night on 13:10 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

Wonderful dedication to copy and paste all of that. Top stuff

More incisive analysis and substance there. Thanks.

London event last night on 13:16 - Feb 19 with 2432 viewsclive_baker

London event last night on 13:11 - Feb 19 by SomethingBlue

You've ruined a good thread once again, you should be ashamed.

He's a tedious troll with next to no idea of the realities that the club is facing into. I had to laugh at the 'substance' comment, the ultimate irony from a poster who comes out constantly with the most meaningless of platitudes. 'SORT THE STRATEGY OUT INNIT'.

Clueless twonk who demonstrates very little knowledge of football, just a classic keyboard warrior.

He should be banned, that's what he should be. Makes this place unusable for many.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

London event last night on 13:16 - Feb 19 with 2419 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 13:14 - Feb 19 by Superfrans

The big issue next season is likely to be centre halves, so you'd hope PL is looking to resolve that with at least one captain contender.

If we don't go up, Woolfie may go, Chambers will be another year older, Earl will go back. We'll be left with WIlson as our only centre half of reasonable age - and even he will be 31 later this month. We may need to sign as many as 3/4 centre halves, given how fond we are of 3 at the back.

And Toto........

This is why many of us were so keen to get it right this year opposed to another free hit for the manager. If we don't go up we can't expect ME to keep taking the hit on wages and the league probably won't allow it either.

London event last night on 13:17 - Feb 19 with 2409 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 13:16 - Feb 19 by clive_baker

He's a tedious troll with next to no idea of the realities that the club is facing into. I had to laugh at the 'substance' comment, the ultimate irony from a poster who comes out constantly with the most meaningless of platitudes. 'SORT THE STRATEGY OUT INNIT'.

Clueless twonk who demonstrates very little knowledge of football, just a classic keyboard warrior.

He should be banned, that's what he should be. Makes this place unusable for many.

Ah bless. I don't like the nasty man because he has a different opinion on football to me and his is always right. I demand we ban him forever and forever.

Do you lot need a tutorial for the ignore feature?

Login to get fewer ads

London event last night on 13:19 - Feb 19 with 2401 viewsclive_baker

London event last night on 13:16 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

And Toto........

This is why many of us were so keen to get it right this year opposed to another free hit for the manager. If we don't go up we can't expect ME to keep taking the hit on wages and the league probably won't allow it either.

"many of us were so keen to get it right this year".

Lol

#substance

London event last night on 13:19 - Feb 19 with 2401 viewsportmanking

London event last night on 13:17 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

Ah bless. I don't like the nasty man because he has a different opinion on football to me and his is always right. I demand we ban him forever and forever.

Do you lot need a tutorial for the ignore feature?

The ignore feature shouldn't even be needed on a public forum like this. It's only cretins like you that make it necessary...
London event last night on 13:19 - Feb 19 with 2399 viewsKeaneish

London event last night on 12:12 - Feb 19 by SitfcB

Why is it that animosity towards PRP always gets frowned upon yet when it happened to Mick It was ok?

Because Mick called out fans and verbally abused them, PL hasn’t. Those aren’t the reasons for my Mick animosity but I imagine they are defining factors for some.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

London event last night on 13:20 - Feb 19 with 2384 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 13:19 - Feb 19 by portmanking

The ignore feature shouldn't even be needed on a public forum like this. It's only cretins like you that make it necessary...

London event last night on 13:21 - Feb 19 with 2381 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 13:19 - Feb 19 by Keaneish

Because Mick called out fans and verbally abused them, PL hasn’t. Those aren’t the reasons for my Mick animosity but I imagine they are defining factors for some.

Yeah who cares about football anyway

London event last night on 13:23 - Feb 19 with 2381 viewssotd78

London event last night on 12:57 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

He must be as daft as you then. Literally what I do on here is offer substance, i call out the things that are good enough and the things that aren't. It why the petals like you get soooooo upset by me.

Yes but your avatar tells us immediately what you think. So there's hardly any claim for balance.
On balance, given the paucity of the situation when he arrived; the continued lack of real investment I think Mr Paul Lambert is doing okay. I am critical of his rotation policy; don't like the inflexible 352 system at times - especially when the capable wing backs are crocked. There's clearly a lot of behind the scenes infrastructure being put back; community trust rebuilding, etc.
We might not have actually been told Five Year Plan- but giving Lambert a five year contract suggests that is how it is viewed.
Put the bedsheet away for a bit. Have your say and be a bit more gracious when not everyone agrees? If we are still struggling this time next year you might have a case - against Evans I suspect..

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

London event last night on 13:25 - Feb 19 with 2378 viewsclive_baker

London event last night on 13:19 - Feb 19 by portmanking

Nor is it effective when a poster posts 20+ times on a thread that was directed to attendees of an event that he didn't go to, purely with a view to ruin the thread. As I say it makes the place unusable.

London event last night on 13:28 - Feb 19 with 2362 viewsKeaneish

London event last night on 12:57 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

He must be as daft as you then. Literally what I do on here is offer substance, i call out the things that are good enough and the things that aren't. It why the petals like you get soooooo upset by me.

That’s how you imagine it in your head. I’d bet the common consensus is that most just think you’re a d*ck hell bent on pushing his own agenda. I’m sure we’ve all been guilty of that at times but yours became tiresome and tedious some time ago.

Plus, you have a picture hugging Chris Sutton. As unforgivable as it is laughable.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

London event last night on 13:29 - Feb 19 with 2355 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 13:23 - Feb 19 by sotd78

Yes but your avatar tells us immediately what you think. So there's hardly any claim for balance.
On balance, given the paucity of the situation when he arrived; the continued lack of real investment I think Mr Paul Lambert is doing okay. I am critical of his rotation policy; don't like the inflexible 352 system at times - especially when the capable wing backs are crocked. There's clearly a lot of behind the scenes infrastructure being put back; community trust rebuilding, etc.
We might not have actually been told Five Year Plan- but giving Lambert a five year contract suggests that is how it is viewed.
Put the bedsheet away for a bit. Have your say and be a bit more gracious when not everyone agrees? If we are still struggling this time next year you might have a case - against Evans I suspect..

He is doing ok?

He took us down without any sort of fight at all and failed to implement any sort of identity or foundation in the team. He is now limping us towards a nothing finish in this division outside of the play offs. Add in the big lead we had despite not playing well, the incredible 33 game team change streak, the refusal to then change the team after that, the lack of clarity in style, the lack of clarity on a plan A formation, the bizarre loan signings last season, the playing players out of position, the hooooooofing, the bizarre GK choice, the lack of playing the yoofs, the strange substitutions, the getting out though tactically so often mid game etc etc

He is tip top

London event last night on 13:36 - Feb 19 with 2341 viewsitfcjoe

London event last night on 13:14 - Feb 19 by Superfrans

I wonder if we can get one more year out of Woolfie, he's not been as good in recent weeks and whilst Downes looks a class above every week and is clearly destined to go at the end of this season the Woolf may not.

Toto has another year, but hard to see him coming good - but imagine he'll be given a chance to prove himself in pre season, Ndaba seems to have made no progress at all.

You are right though, we need a good 26-28 year old defender who can also lead, won't be easy to get at all

London event last night on 13:36 - Feb 19 with 2334 viewsSuperfrans

London event last night on 13:16 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

And Toto........

We needed to go up this season because we would have otherwise needed to sign centre halves? Blimey?

Fact is, not getting promoted at the first attempt was always possible, maybe even likely. The majority of relatively big clubs which have a Championship and above structure don't go up first time. Anyone who assumed we were going up hasn't been looking closely enough.

The key is to have two plans, one for going up, one for not going up. The problem (it seems to me) is that too many of our fans never considered the possibility that we *wouldn't* get promoted, hence the current panic from some.

Personally, I think not going up is the most likely outcome of this season now, and its clear we have a plan - LON / PL have effectively said that going up has never been guaranteed.

So what will happen in that eventuality? FWIW, I reckon we'll sell 2-3 of our younger players (Flynn, Woolfie and KVY), this should bring £8-10m into the club which will cover off our reduction in income.

Chambers and Skuse will be getting too old, so we'll need to replace them too. And I wouldn't be surprised if we let two (or all) of Huws, Keane and/or Judge go too, to reduce our wage bill. Toto will obviously go too.

So, it'll be a big rebuild job in the summer, we'll look to accelerate the introduction of the likes of El Mizouni, Dobra, McGavin, bring Nydam, Morris, Folami and hopefully Dozzell back into the fold and grow from there. With the right signings (hairy-asred CMF, 2-3 CBs and a striker for a start), we'll be competitive next season and take it from there.

See, that's substance.

London event last night on 13:38 - Feb 19 with 2315 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 13:36 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

I wonder if we can get one more year out of Woolfie, he's not been as good in recent weeks and whilst Downes looks a class above every week and is clearly destined to go at the end of this season the Woolf may not.

Toto has another year, but hard to see him coming good - but imagine he'll be given a chance to prove himself in pre season, Ndaba seems to have made no progress at all.

You are right though, we need a good 26-28 year old defender who can also lead, won't be easy to get at all

We'll end up hoping that Rotherham dont want Richard Wood anymore when they go up

London event last night on 13:40 - Feb 19 with 2306 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 13:36 - Feb 19 by Superfrans

We needed to go up this season because we would have otherwise needed to sign centre halves? Blimey?

Fact is, not getting promoted at the first attempt was always possible, maybe even likely. The majority of relatively big clubs which have a Championship and above structure don't go up first time. Anyone who assumed we were going up hasn't been looking closely enough.

The key is to have two plans, one for going up, one for not going up. The problem (it seems to me) is that too many of our fans never considered the possibility that we *wouldn't* get promoted, hence the current panic from some.

Personally, I think not going up is the most likely outcome of this season now, and its clear we have a plan - LON / PL have effectively said that going up has never been guaranteed.

So what will happen in that eventuality? FWIW, I reckon we'll sell 2-3 of our younger players (Flynn, Woolfie and KVY), this should bring £8-10m into the club which will cover off our reduction in income.

Chambers and Skuse will be getting too old, so we'll need to replace them too. And I wouldn't be surprised if we let two (or all) of Huws, Keane and/or Judge go too, to reduce our wage bill. Toto will obviously go too.

So, it'll be a big rebuild job in the summer, we'll look to accelerate the introduction of the likes of El Mizouni, Dobra, McGavin, bring Nydam, Morris, Folami and hopefully Dozzell back into the fold and grow from there. With the right signings (hairy-asred CMF, 2-3 CBs and a striker for a start), we'll be competitive next season and take it from there.

See, that's substance.

Well it is not but it is a start and better than I normally see

London event last night on 13:41 - Feb 19 with 2308 viewsSuperfrans

London event last night on 13:36 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

I can't see it. I think Woolfie will go. Would love to believe he won't, but he's looked our best player at times. Not without the odd error, but just such high quality...

I can't see Toto coming back either. He got such stick from some of our fans, I don't hink he'll want to. The only basis on which he might be here is if he's not willing to take a wage cut to go somewhere else - and we're not willing to settle.

You've said a few times on the pod, I think, that we are oddly under-resourced at CB given we usually play three of them. I do agree, although with Skuse able to drop in and Earl with us to replace Toto, it hasn't worried me this season too much.

But with Woolife *possibly* going, *Earl* not being here and Chambers/Skuse both aging, we really are likely to be very short next season. All the more reason why we should have brought in a permanent CB in January.

London event last night on 13:49 - Feb 19 with 2300 viewsBigManBlue

London event last night on 13:41 - Feb 19 by Superfrans

I can't see it. I think Woolfie will go. Would love to believe he won't, but he's looked our best player at times. Not without the odd error, but just such high quality...

I can't see Toto coming back either. He got such stick from some of our fans, I don't hink he'll want to. The only basis on which he might be here is if he's not willing to take a wage cut to go somewhere else - and we're not willing to settle.

You've said a few times on the pod, I think, that we are oddly under-resourced at CB given we usually play three of them. I do agree, although with Skuse able to drop in and Earl with us to replace Toto, it hasn't worried me this season too much.

But with Woolife *possibly* going, *Earl* not being here and Chambers/Skuse both aging, we really are likely to be very short next season. All the more reason why we should have brought in a permanent CB in January.

I hear there's a chap at Blackpool. Left footer too...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

London event last night on 13:53 - Feb 19 with 2291 viewsitfcjoe

London event last night on 13:41 - Feb 19 by Superfrans

I wonder if our January business was hampered by our league form, and not being able to offer deals of a longer term nature due to not knowing what league we would be in

London event last night on 13:56 - Feb 19 with 2285 viewsPrideOfTheEast

London event last night on 13:53 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

I wonder if our January business was hampered by our league form, and not being able to offer deals of a longer term nature due to not knowing what league we would be in

I'm told the main target remains a strong target and depending how he does between now and the end of the season will possibly sign over the Summer.

Should say I don’t know who the person is.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 8:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024