Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London event last night 07:23 - Feb 19 with 15443 viewsitfcjoe

Any insight from those who went?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

London event last night on 10:29 - Feb 19 with 4264 viewsNthsuffolkblue

London event last night on 09:27 - Feb 19 by clive_baker

Most of the focus was on the off field work, little questioning about the on field with the exception of some comments on Dobra. An observation he made was that we lack leadership on the pitch. He was asked who was captain material after Chambers and he said there isn’t an obvious one. Downes leads by example but we’re a quiet bunch and lack leaders. Suggested it’s something he would like to address.

Suggested a few times we are likely to have to lose players, but would need to invest some proceeds back into the squad.

There was a lot of focus on social media, the dangers and pitfalls and actions the club are taking to support the players from negativity on there. Lambert confessed to being old school and not a fan of it in general.

I thought all answered candidly and have their hearts in the right place, but reading between the lines it’s quite clear ME is still taking the cheap option at every turn.

I desperately want Lambert to succeed because he’s a good bloke, but he got away pretty lightly last night in terms of anything too challenging around team selection, rotation, recent form etc.

The captaincy issue is a very important and relevant point.

I wonder if there is mileage in encouraging Downes and Woolfenden to become more verbal and confident in managing players older and more experienced than themselves with a view to them being captains of the future. It must be that or bringing in someone with the character and skills already. I thought that was something James Collins brought for the brief time he was here as well as Walters.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

London event last night on 10:31 - Feb 19 with 4245 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 10:29 - Feb 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

The captaincy issue is a very important and relevant point.

I wonder if there is mileage in encouraging Downes and Woolfenden to become more verbal and confident in managing players older and more experienced than themselves with a view to them being captains of the future. It must be that or bringing in someone with the character and skills already. I thought that was something James Collins brought for the brief time he was here as well as Walters.

Neither will be here next season. PRP has destroyed that dream

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

London event last night on 10:41 - Feb 19 with 4212 viewsportmanking

London event last night on 10:31 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

You really are a numpty.

He's here on a five-year deal. He's moved his family down to Suffolk. He can see where the club has been underfunded and is championing the case for improvements with the REAL issue, Marcus Evans. It's not going to come together overnight.

You're old enough to know that successful teams and cultures aren't built in six to 12 months. The lack of leaders in the dressing room is something Lambert can see, but it's not that simple for him to address mid-season or indeed over 12 months. Finding good characters to bring into the building requires good scouting and a little investment.

Burley took 3-4 years before his squad and style was ready for the step up. Everyone knows the financial implications of not bouncing back this season, but if we don't start implementing a proper long-term plan and approach we're going to be in this vicious circle forever.
London event last night on 10:44 - Feb 19 with 4202 viewsKTBlue

London event last night on 10:31 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

thank you for reminding me why I rarely come on here any more. Absolute pr1ck.
London event last night on 10:45 - Feb 19 with 4182 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 10:44 - Feb 19 by KTBlue

Do you need a tissue?

London event last night on 10:46 - Feb 19 with 4175 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 10:41 - Feb 19 by portmanking

You really are a numpty.

He's here on a five-year deal. He's moved his family down to Suffolk. He can see where the club has been underfunded and is championing the case for improvements with the REAL issue, Marcus Evans. It's not going to come together overnight.

You're old enough to know that successful teams and cultures aren't built in six to 12 months. The lack of leaders in the dressing room is something Lambert can see, but it's not that simple for him to address mid-season or indeed over 12 months. Finding good characters to bring into the building requires good scouting and a little investment.

Burley took 3-4 years before his squad and style was ready for the step up. Everyone knows the financial implications of not bouncing back this season, but if we don't start implementing a proper long-term plan and approach we're going to be in this vicious circle forever.

What has any of that got to do with Woolf and Flyyn leaving in the summer due to PRP relegating us and failing to take us back up?

London event last night on 10:47 - Feb 19 with 4182 viewsRadlett_blue

London event last night on 09:27 - Feb 19 by clive_baker

Most of the focus was on the off field work, little questioning about the on field with the exception of some comments on Dobra. An observation he made was that we lack leadership on the pitch. He was asked who was captain material after Chambers and he said there isn’t an obvious one. Downes leads by example but we’re a quiet bunch and lack leaders. Suggested it’s something he would like to address.

Suggested a few times we are likely to have to lose players, but would need to invest some proceeds back into the squad.

There was a lot of focus on social media, the dangers and pitfalls and actions the club are taking to support the players from negativity on there. Lambert confessed to being old school and not a fan of it in general.

I thought all answered candidly and have their hearts in the right place, but reading between the lines it’s quite clear ME is still taking the cheap option at every turn.

I desperately want Lambert to succeed because he’s a good bloke, but he got away pretty lightly last night in terms of anything too challenging around team selection, rotation, recent form etc.

The lack of leadership is interesting. Lambert admitted our players are a quiet bunch & there wasn't an obvious captain in waiting. Flynn leads by example rather than being a shouter. This has been an issue with the team for some years.
Lambert rightly likes Dobra's aggression, which obviously needs to be better controlled so that he can stay on the pitch for 90 minutes. I thought Lambert came over well, although I guess he's a quietly spoken manager rather than an old school teacup thrower. I still have doubts about him; the real test will come in the summer as if we go up, the squad will need major strengthening if it's not going to be a real relegation struggle next season. O'Neill - who spoke eloquently - confirmed there as a plan for cutting wages next season if we stay down (shudders). I think all 3 club representatives were clearly frustrated at Evans's lack of investment in the club infrastructure, but Lambert admitted that if £500k suddenly came available, he'd still prefer to spend it on a player. He also admitted that the purpose of the academy is to develop players who can be sold for £ms.
No-one really questioned team selection or tactics, but that's difficult to do in such a forum. I think if we hadn't won on Saturday, the atmosphere would have been more hostile.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

London event last night on 10:47 - Feb 19 with 4173 viewsportmanking

London event last night on 10:46 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

What has any of that got to do with Woolf and Flyyn leaving in the summer due to PRP relegating us and failing to take us back up?

It means shut the f*ck up Simon. You're boring! He's going nowhere. We need to get behind the team for the rest of the season, there's still so much to play for. Your negativity is a drain on this forum.
Login to get fewer ads

London event last night on 10:53 - Feb 19 with 4140 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 10:47 - Feb 19 by portmanking

It means shut the f*ck up Simon. You're boring! He's going nowhere. We need to get behind the team for the rest of the season, there's still so much to play for. Your negativity is a drain on this forum.

Ooooooooh calm down Paul

London event last night on 10:54 - Feb 19 with 4137 viewsWD19

London event last night on 10:47 - Feb 19 by portmanking

He's not wrong though, is he!?

Support is something to provide to the team at 3pm on Saturday, not something that is required 24/7 on the internet for the sake of it. This is a forum for supporters of Ipswich Town (+ Ulla), not a forum for supporting Ipswich Town.
London event last night on 10:55 - Feb 19 with 4127 viewsfooters

London event last night on 10:54 - Feb 19 by WD19

Support is something to provide to the team at 3pm on Saturday, not something that is required 24/7 on the internet for the sake of it. This is a forum for supporters of Ipswich Town (+ Ulla), not a forum for supporting Ipswich Town.

This is a football forum?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

London event last night on 11:05 - Feb 19 with 4086 viewsFixed_It

London event last night on 09:53 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

I suppose the people that would go to that sort of thing to see him probably don't really care about the football side.

You don't half come out with some sh1t sometimes!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

London event last night on 11:26 - Feb 19 with 4034 viewsAlexwaddell

London event last night on 11:05 - Feb 19 by Fixed_It

You don't half come out with some sh1t sometimes!

A few years ago I went to one of the London supporters nights where Burley and his wife were guests, as I recall it was a really good night and Burley was not too impressed with Big Titus Bramble...it was all football that night, nothing about infrastructure...

Poll: What was today?

London event last night on 11:30 - Feb 19 with 3997 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 11:26 - Feb 19 by Alexwaddell

A few years ago I went to one of the London supporters nights where Burley and his wife were guests, as I recall it was a really good night and Burley was not too impressed with Big Titus Bramble...it was all football that night, nothing about infrastructure...

TWTD

London event last night on 12:12 - Feb 19 with 3956 viewsSitfcB

London event last night on 10:44 - Feb 19 by KTBlue

Why is it that animosity towards PRP always gets frowned upon yet when it happened to Mick It was ok?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

London event last night on 12:19 - Feb 19 with 3939 viewsKTBlue

London event last night on 12:12 - Feb 19 by SitfcB

Why is it that animosity towards PRP always gets frowned upon yet when it happened to Mick It was ok?

It was not OK, those slating Mick off were the same, why does everyone have to be in distinct camps? There is criticism and then just w anky comments and trolling. Even the moniker PRP is just absolute sh1te, why lower yourself to that?
London event last night on 12:23 - Feb 19 with 3921 viewsfooters

London event last night on 12:19 - Feb 19 by KTBlue

It was not OK, those slating Mick off were the same, why does everyone have to be in distinct camps? There is criticism and then just w anky comments and trolling. Even the moniker PRP is just absolute sh1te, why lower yourself to that?

Yep. Think it's important to separate animosity from legitimate criticism. One is constructive and balanced, the other is rude and counter-productive.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

London event last night on 12:41 - Feb 19 with 3884 viewsKeaneish

London event last night on 10:15 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

Are you really questioning me not doing a 7 hour round trip for an utterly pointless event?

I think he's questioning your ability to criticise it from afar when offering nothing of substance in return. Standard you that.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

London event last night on 12:57 - Feb 19 with 3840 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 12:41 - Feb 19 by Keaneish

I think he's questioning your ability to criticise it from afar when offering nothing of substance in return. Standard you that.

He must be as daft as you then. Literally what I do on here is offer substance, i call out the things that are good enough and the things that aren't. It why the petals like you get soooooo upset by me.

London event last night on 13:02 - Feb 19 with 3828 viewsSomethingBlue

Good and informative thread until Bluefish ruined it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

London event last night on 13:02 - Feb 19 with 3827 viewsSuperfrans

London event last night on 10:54 - Feb 19 by WD19

That's fair enough. But...

Its a bit rich to criticise people who go along and claim they don't ask testing questions when you can't be bothered to get off your backside and go along and ask questions. Sitting behind a keyboard and whining is the easiest thing to do. It's all a bit pathetic tbh.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

London event last night on 13:07 - Feb 19 with 3802 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 13:02 - Feb 19 by SomethingBlue

Good and informative thread until Bluefish ruined it.

Never ever fails to show up on a PRP thread

London event last night on 13:09 - Feb 19 with 3925 viewsSuperfrans

London event last night on 12:57 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

He must be as daft as you then. Literally what I do on here is offer substance, i call out the things that are good enough and the things that aren't. It why the petals like you get soooooo upset by me.

"Offer substance"

Very little in the way of substance from you on this thread...

In all seriousness, when you see your posts laid out as below, don't you feel a bit embarrassed? It really is quite pathetic.

"Did PRP say anything at all to make you think that he has any sort of plan in place to make us a better football team. A vision, a strategy, any sort of clue whatsoever about what he is doing? Or did he just come across as a bloke good at saying the right things to get by?"
"PJH is properly getting the hang of this TWTD malarkey. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?"
"Who would have ever thought that PRP would give to an event like this and play to the room while keeping everything off field stuff? It is such a cheap option to sit there and say things need to be done better and more spent but he took us to league 1 and can't get us back up, this has cost us millions"
"I don't live in Ipswich or London"
"I suppose the people that would go to that sort of thing to see him probably don't really care about the football side."
"Are you really questioning me not doing a 7 hour round trip for an utterly pointless event?"
"Never been wrong sweetie x"
"Neither will be here next season. PRP has destroyed that dream"
"Do you need a tissue?"
"What has any of that got to do with Woolf and Flyyn leaving in the summer due to PRP relegating us and failing to take us back up?"
"Ooooooooh calm down Paul"
"TWTD"
"Rather be a numbskull than a c*** innit"
"He must be as daft as you then. Literally what I do on here is offer substance, i call out the things that are good enough and the things that aren't. It why the petals like you get soooooo upset by me."
"Wonderful. I'm still right though"

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

London event last night on 13:10 - Feb 19 with 3911 viewsBluefish

London event last night on 13:09 - Feb 19 by Superfrans

"Offer substance"

Very little in the way of substance from you on this thread...

In all seriousness, when you see your posts laid out as below, don't you feel a bit embarrassed? It really is quite pathetic.

"Did PRP say anything at all to make you think that he has any sort of plan in place to make us a better football team. A vision, a strategy, any sort of clue whatsoever about what he is doing? Or did he just come across as a bloke good at saying the right things to get by?"
"PJH is properly getting the hang of this TWTD malarkey. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?"
"Who would have ever thought that PRP would give to an event like this and play to the room while keeping everything off field stuff? It is such a cheap option to sit there and say things need to be done better and more spent but he took us to league 1 and can't get us back up, this has cost us millions"
"I don't live in Ipswich or London"
"I suppose the people that would go to that sort of thing to see him probably don't really care about the football side."
"Are you really questioning me not doing a 7 hour round trip for an utterly pointless event?"
"Never been wrong sweetie x"
"Neither will be here next season. PRP has destroyed that dream"
"Do you need a tissue?"
"What has any of that got to do with Woolf and Flyyn leaving in the summer due to PRP relegating us and failing to take us back up?"
"Ooooooooh calm down Paul"
"TWTD"
"Rather be a numbskull than a c*** innit"
"He must be as daft as you then. Literally what I do on here is offer substance, i call out the things that are good enough and the things that aren't. It why the petals like you get soooooo upset by me."
"Wonderful. I'm still right though"

Wonderful dedication to copy and paste all of that. Top stuff

London event last night on 13:11 - Feb 19 with 3911 viewsSomethingBlue

London event last night on 13:07 - Feb 19 by Bluefish

Never ever fails to show up on a PRP thread

You've ruined a good thread once again, you should be ashamed.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024