Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... 07:45 - Feb 5 with 2161 viewsChrisd

would you not be a slightly disappointed and embarrassed that your first team was unable to beat an inexperienced Liverpool side in the FA Cup? I appreciate that they have a good set of younger players up there, but from the team sheet they didn't have any senior players involved and they lacked the experience of any the Shrewsbury players. If that was I us, I'd be genuinely frustrated and annoyed we couldn't get the job done.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 07:56 - Feb 5 with 2096 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I would be feeling proud that we had found the next Nsiala!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

If I were connected to Liverpool.... on 08:32 - Feb 5 with 2010 viewsfactual_blue

I'd be seriously embarrassed that the club's manager wasn't even on the touchline.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2020 8:35]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 09:12 - Feb 5 with 1926 viewsBasuco

Liverpool had a lot of help from the referee with a perfectly good Shrewsbury goal incorrectly ruled out, so like the first team this season the rules appear to be re-written so they can win.
If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 09:16 - Feb 5 with 1918 viewsm14_blue

I would be hugely disappointed that what should have been one of the biggest games in their recent history was turned into a novelty and a farce because one of the richest clubs in the world couldn't be bothered.
If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 09:18 - Feb 5 with 1909 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd be more worried about what it says about the state of football in general.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 09:42 - Feb 5 with 1779 viewshoppy

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 09:12 - Feb 5 by Basuco

Liverpool had a lot of help from the referee with a perfectly good Shrewsbury goal incorrectly ruled out, so like the first team this season the rules appear to be re-written so they can win.

Did it go to VAR?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 09:42 - Feb 5 with 1783 viewsmonty_radio

I'd be glad I wasn't a fan of someone like Ipswich who hadn't even had a sniff of such things for more years than a elephant could recall.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 09:49 - Feb 5 with 1751 viewsagravenor

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 09:16 - Feb 5 by m14_blue

I would be hugely disappointed that what should have been one of the biggest games in their recent history was turned into a novelty and a farce because one of the richest clubs in the world couldn't be bothered.

That gave them a big opportunity for a slice in their history though
Login to get fewer ads

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 10:03 - Feb 5 with 1717 viewsElephantintheRoom

When Arsenal reserves and youth team beat Wigan 6-0 in the league? cup, the then Wigan, manager Steve Bruce made some interesting points about how difficult it is for professionals to play against a team that clearly isn't interested and puts out kids. Of course those kids, including Carlos Vela who scored a hat trick and was touted as a superstar in the making all disappeared because they knew they were only playing as an insult.

Probably just as true for Shrewsbury

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 10:09 - Feb 5 with 1702 viewsJammyDodgerrr

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 09:42 - Feb 5 by hoppy

Did it go to VAR?

Yep, and he was offside. Not quite sure how the other poster thinks it was incorrectly ruled out.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 11:05 - Feb 5 with 1647 viewsBasuco

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 10:09 - Feb 5 by JammyDodgerrr

Yep, and he was offside. Not quite sure how the other poster thinks it was incorrectly ruled out.

Because the player who was "offside" did not touch the ball until a considerable time and many passes later put the ball into the net. I thought it was deemed phase one and two ect. He took no part in the build up to the goal just put in a rebound. You see many goals allowed in the very same circumstances. Highlights are here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51356816
If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 12:11 - Feb 5 with 1512 viewsjontysnut

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 09:16 - Feb 5 by m14_blue

their last good cup run allowed them to build a new training ground. They lost out on about £500k due to Liverpool reducing prices and, for about the first time in decades, the BBC not showing a Liverpool cup game live. Cheers, Jurgen...
If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 12:25 - Feb 5 with 1463 viewsSamWhiteUK

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 11:05 - Feb 5 by Basuco

Because the player who was "offside" did not touch the ball until a considerable time and many passes later put the ball into the net. I thought it was deemed phase one and two ect. He took no part in the build up to the goal just put in a rebound. You see many goals allowed in the very same circumstances. Highlights are here https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51356816

See Henderson's goal at the weekend, for example
If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 12:57 - Feb 5 with 1399 viewsPecker

If I were a Liverpool supporter (which would never happen) I would expect the next generation of players to beat Shrewsbury. They have excellent coaches and excellent facilities at Liverpool, so yes, I would expect them to win. If it were against say a West Ham type, then fair enough, but Shrewsbury definitely.
If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 13:09 - Feb 5 with 1352 viewsBasuco

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 12:25 - Feb 5 by SamWhiteUK

See Henderson's goal at the weekend, for example

Which is why I said the rules seem to change this season on many decisions when teams look like they may beat Liverpool.
If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 13:49 - Feb 5 with 1269 viewsJammyDodgerrr

If you were connected to Shrewsbury Town.... on 11:05 - Feb 5 by Basuco

I think the rule says even if they affect the movement of a defender towards/away from the ball so you could argue that he was doing that. I think it's offside, but again, just clarifies the need for this rule to be changed and fully clarified. It's too subjective.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024