Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team 10:52 - Feb 4 with 5859 viewsskyblue23

One thing I notice that is different from last season is we as fans have gone from singing “every little thing is going to be alright” when the times got tough, people defended Evans for “saving” our club and Paul Lambert was credited for getting the fans back on board. To now just slating our own players, booing the manager/players and calling out Evans for the lack of transfers to strengthen the promotion push. I’m not immune from this either so this isn’t a dig at those people, we’re in a lower league where our good start has now become doubtful if we’ll even make the play offs.

We as fans need to make our mind up. We can’t go on 3 game win streak, Lambert is a blue again, Evans saved our club blah blah blah. We either need to get behind the team win, lose or draw. Promotion or no promotion we support them no matter what. Or we go the other route, even if we win a few games and it all seems good again, there still needs to be calls for Evans to sort the club out, Lambert to be questioned on what’s already happened this season.

We can’t keep changing our mind game by game. If we as fans are going to make a difference for this club we need to either be Evans/Lambert out and make it known, or get behind the team no matter how much we lose by to a top 6 contender.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 13:02 - Feb 4 with 2365 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:20 - Feb 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree, we seem to have NO real infrastructure, the club is rudderless with no real strategy.

But what about the 5 point plan

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The major point that you miss..... on 13:04 - Feb 4 with 2368 viewsFixed_It

The major point that you miss..... on 12:50 - Feb 4 by Bloots

....is that whatever the fans do, it makes absolutely sod all difference when the club is being owned/run/managed by such a hopeless group of jizztrumpets.

Bearing that in mind the fans can do whatever they want (within reason).

Live and let live.

And if you really think that the fans make no difference then you are talking rubbish - again.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Name a difference the fans have made, go on..... on 13:14 - Feb 4 with 2337 viewsBloots

The major point that you miss..... on 13:04 - Feb 4 by Fixed_It

And if you really think that the fans make no difference then you are talking rubbish - again.

....singing and waving flags is all very well, but if the players on the pitch can't take a corner without hitting the first man then it's irrelevant.

Singing "Paul Lambert is a blue" isn't going to help Wilson's Toblerone feet or Norris's dribbling ability.

Singing "ole, ole, ole (sic)" isn't going to make Evans get his cheque book out.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 13:20]

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 13:24 - Feb 4 with 2314 viewsfactual_blue

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:20 - Feb 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree, we seem to have NO real infrastructure, the club is rudderless with no real strategy.

So it's just like broken, brexit Britain then.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 13:26 - Feb 4 with 2314 viewsArnieM

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:23 - Feb 4 by Illinoisblue

Shambert is going to bring in Terry Butcher as a coach according to a rumour on Twitter.

Well we definitely need some help defensively. I remarked to a friend at the last two games, that Town's backline have no shape, often failing to hold the line and move forward as a total unit .

We often get picked off frankly. this is where Holy was good, because he seemed to orchestrate the back line...Norris ???

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 13:33 - Feb 4 with 2307 viewsr2d2

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 13:24 - Feb 4 by factual_blue

So it's just like broken, brexit Britain then.

We dont need to mention that word. The world has moved on its in the past. Boris said so.
Name a difference the fans have made, go on..... on 13:40 - Feb 4 with 2298 viewsFixed_It

Name a difference the fans have made, go on..... on 13:14 - Feb 4 by Bloots

....singing and waving flags is all very well, but if the players on the pitch can't take a corner without hitting the first man then it's irrelevant.

Singing "Paul Lambert is a blue" isn't going to help Wilson's Toblerone feet or Norris's dribbling ability.

Singing "ole, ole, ole (sic)" isn't going to make Evans get his cheque book out.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 13:20]

A supportive crowd can lift players. A negative crowd can destroy them. But you know that anyway.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Our players don't need "lifting".... on 13:45 - Feb 4 with 2288 viewsBloots

Name a difference the fans have made, go on..... on 13:40 - Feb 4 by Fixed_It

A supportive crowd can lift players. A negative crowd can destroy them. But you know that anyway.

....they need coaching, improving or replacing.

As you well know.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Login to get fewer ads

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 14:04 - Feb 4 with 2266 viewsFtnfwest

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:23 - Feb 4 by Illinoisblue

Shambert is going to bring in Terry Butcher as a coach according to a rumour on Twitter.

I'd welcome it if true as i don't think it would do any harm, but overall it makes me think even more that Lambert doesn't know what he's doing
Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 14:18 - Feb 4 with 2253 viewsIllinoisblue

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 14:04 - Feb 4 by Ftnfwest

I'd welcome it if true as i don't think it would do any harm, but overall it makes me think even more that Lambert doesn't know what he's doing

Exactly this.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 14:39 - Feb 4 with 2235 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 14:51 - Feb 4 with 2226 viewsBlueBadger

Christ.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 14:56 - Feb 4 with 2222 viewsBlueBadger

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 12:25 - Feb 4 by Guthrum

I thought he was coaching in China?

We can only hope. Club legend and all that, but terrible manager.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 15:05 - Feb 4 with 2224 viewsPositivelyPortman

It’s the manner of the defeats that is so annoying.
It looked as though several of the team weren’t interested after the Norris cock up.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 15:08 - Feb 4 with 2218 viewsIllinoisblue

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 15:05 - Feb 4 by PositivelyPortman

It looked as though several of the team weren’t interested after the Norris cock up.

Also notable how nobody in the squad has come out publicly in support of Norris. They know. We know.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 15:59 - Feb 4 with 2189 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 14:56 - Feb 4 by BlueBadger

We can only hope. Club legend and all that, but terrible manager.

He's not being touted as a manager.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 16:02 - Feb 4 with 2188 viewsfactual_blue

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 13:33 - Feb 4 by r2d2

We dont need to mention that word. The world has moved on its in the past. Boris said so.

I haven't, and never will, listen to, or believe, a word boris johnson says.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 16:32 - Feb 4 with 2172 viewsBlueBadger

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 15:05 - Feb 4 by PositivelyPortman

Limp defeats were perfectly acceptable last season because performances were 'improved', what's changed this season?

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 17:16 - Feb 4 with 2158 viewsPecker

I will never boo our players. I will never boo our manager. I will however slag off the manager when he totally doesn't get it, which Lambert doesn't.
Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 17:40 - Feb 4 with 2149 viewshappybeingblue

ipswich fans are some of the most patient fans in the football league in my opinion when you consider what has gone wrong recently,what annoys me is when managers cannot accept a bit of criticism which they will get when losing rather than getting all prickly at press conferences like lambo has done,eddie howe summed it up well when his bournemouth team were getting booed by their fans in the prem!,thats the problem we dont normally do what we did saturday leave early boo etc thats why it becomes a talking point around ipswich,listen to the likes of west ham sunderland everton derby etc when they lose guarantee its much much worse ! even norwich have traditionally given the boos pelters etc more than us in recent years so i do not see a problem with it myself
Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 18:00 - Feb 4 with 2134 viewsOxford_Blue

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 10:55 - Feb 4 by agravenor

IMO, we should give all our support win lose or draw at least until the end of the season. We can be the 12th man and make the difference between promotion or the foreseeable future in this awful league.

At least during the 90mins game time we should be giving our support

Agreed. Booing / scapegoating certain players in the middle of matches is unforgivable really.

I’m not sure this board is that reflective of most fans. There is a vocal and negative minority who like to post personal attacks on players and Lambert and who take a very extreme position when we lose.
Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 18:16 - Feb 4 with 2127 viewsBlueBadger

Either Evans/Lambert out or get behind the team on 15:59 - Feb 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's not being touted as a manager.

He's a rubbish coach, then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024