Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would Burley do any worse? 11:24 - Feb 3 with 6480 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Would Burley do any worse? on 12:44 - Feb 3 with 2933 viewsfooters

Would Burley do any worse? on 12:41 - Feb 3 by Pecker

He wouldn't want it. We are stuck with what we have unfortunately. Nothing is going to change anytime soon unless Lambert does the decent thing and walks. ( which ain't going to happen )

Shame you didn't have a few quid on the 4-1 reverse, now known as a Pecker.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Would Burley do any worse? on 12:48 - Feb 3 with 2913 viewsPecker

Would Burley do any worse? on 12:44 - Feb 3 by footers

Shame you didn't have a few quid on the 4-1 reverse, now known as a Pecker.

Think I have proved that was a lucky punt. Haven't got anything right since.
Would Burley do any worse? on 12:49 - Feb 3 with 2912 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Would Burley do any worse? on 11:42 - Feb 3 by Kieran_Knows

I'd go Nathan Jones, personally. Terrible time at Stoke, true, but our squad is made up of players to play how he does (midfield diamond).

I would second this if we were to change manager. He would do a good job.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Would Burley do any worse? on 12:51 - Feb 3 with 2904 viewsPecker

Would Burley do any worse? on 12:49 - Feb 3 by JammyDodgerrr

I would second this if we were to change manager. He would do a good job.

Pretty much any manager would do a better job with the squad we have.
Would Burley do any worse? on 13:54 - Feb 3 with 2878 viewsbazgammon

Agree. I was shot down when i put him forward before Hirst was appointed. Look how that worked out. "Young, up and coming manager" was flavour of the month, Burley was a washed up has been by some on here. Then we get PR Paul who a better spinner than Shane Warne got him self a 5 year deal and hasn't got a scooby doo. McGreal would be worthy of a chance too.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 13:56]

Poll: Lambert

Would Burley do any worse? on 14:58 - Feb 3 with 2854 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Would Burley do any worse? on 13:54 - Feb 3 by bazgammon

Agree. I was shot down when i put him forward before Hirst was appointed. Look how that worked out. "Young, up and coming manager" was flavour of the month, Burley was a washed up has been by some on here. Then we get PR Paul who a better spinner than Shane Warne got him self a 5 year deal and hasn't got a scooby doo. McGreal would be worthy of a chance too.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 13:56]

Disagree about Mcgreal. Top bloke, great player. Hasn't exactly done a good job at Col U. They have had a top squad there for a while and he hasn't even got them play offs.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Would Burley do any worse? on 15:06 - Feb 3 with 2853 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Would Burley do any worse? on 12:51 - Feb 3 by Pecker

Pretty much any manager would do a better job with the squad we have.

I get the frustration but obviously that isn't true - there are plenty who wouldn't.

Would Burley do any worse? on 15:33 - Feb 3 with 2838 viewscaptainfantastic

Out of interest, why would someone whose local and an ex ipswich player be any better at the job than someone whose not?

Poll: player of the season so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Would Burley do any worse? on 15:37 - Feb 3 with 2834 viewsfooters

No one's mentioned Klug yet...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 15:38 - Feb 3 with 2828 viewsBloots

Would Burley do any worse? on 15:06 - Feb 3 by JammyDodgerrr

I get the frustration but obviously that isn't true - there are plenty who wouldn't.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 15:44 - Feb 3 with 2827 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 15:38 - Feb 3 by Bloots

I don't know, pick any one of a number of lower league managers. Martin Allen, maybe?

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 16:07 - Feb 3 with 2815 viewsRadlett_blue

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 15:44 - Feb 3 by JammyDodgerrr

I don't know, pick any one of a number of lower league managers. Martin Allen, maybe?

Anyone but Paul Hurst, really. He has made it more difficult by saddling Town with a bunch of average lower league players with whom we're stuck As I bet no-one else will match their wages. I'm sure we're paying a big chunk of Toto's wages.
Oh, and as if to rub salt into the wound, Toto played 90 minutes, no cards & Bolton won 2-0. He did the same in a 1-1 draw in the previous game & did make a goal line clearance.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Would Burley do any worse? on 16:18 - Feb 3 with 2805 viewsMattinLondon

Think Burley would have been a good mentor to someone like Kieron Dyer when Mick left.

If Burley really wanted to continue in management he would have found a club years ago.
Would Burley do any worse? on 16:21 - Feb 3 with 2802 viewsRadlett_blue

Would Burley do any worse? on 16:18 - Feb 3 by MattinLondon

Think Burley would have been a good mentor to someone like Kieron Dyer when Mick left.

If Burley really wanted to continue in management he would have found a club years ago.

Burley hasn't managed for 9 years, unless you count his 2 game spell in charge of Limassol in 2012. Yesterday's man.

Technically he's not a football manager..... on 16:26 - Feb 3 with 2796 viewsBloots

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 15:44 - Feb 3 by JammyDodgerrr

....and hasn't been for over a year.

Maybe that's because Keith Hill.... on 16:28 - Feb 3 with 2795 viewsBloots

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 16:07 - Feb 3 by Radlett_blue

Anyone but Paul Hurst, really. He has made it more difficult by saddling Town with a bunch of average lower league players with whom we're stuck As I bet no-one else will match their wages. I'm sure we're paying a big chunk of Toto's wages.
Oh, and as if to rub salt into the wound, Toto played 90 minutes, no cards & Bolton won 2-0. He did the same in a 1-1 draw in the previous game & did make a goal line clearance.

....is a better manager than Lamberk?

Would Burley do any worse? on 16:32 - Feb 3 with 2790 viewsitfcjoe

I think his time has passed, but hard to imagine him doing worse than either Hurst or Lambert have done so far

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Would Burley do any worse? on 16:34 - Feb 3 with 2787 viewsitfcjoe

Would Burley do any worse? on 11:42 - Feb 3 by TRUE_BLUE123

I have been saying this for ages, but everyone says the game has moved on and he has been out the game for too long.

Last time checked the aim is still the same, put the ball in the net.

Interview with John McGreal on Tottaly Football league pod last week and he says he is regularly speaking to Burley for advice - sounded like almost a mentor

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Would Burley do any worse? on 16:43 - Feb 3 with 2778 viewsoneoffposter

Would Burley do any worse? on 12:06 - Feb 3 by ElephantintheRoom

It's because of Burley that we are where we are.

The only time Burley was anything other than clueless was when he had 'an experienced coach' i.e somebody called Houston or Hamilton doing his job for him - the turnarounds were instantaneous after both appointments.

The role of Dale Roberts was also probably much more than he was credited with at the time - hence the catasrophic decline after his illness.

This is nonsense I’m afraid he freshened the place up with a new face every once in a while as he was here a long time (Mick and TC take note) - his 1st year we were the width of the post from the play-offs with no extra coaches and the year we went up his 1st team coach was Mogga who was busy playing. Also when he took derby from championship bottom 6 to the play-offs who was saviour coach doing the work? Roberts had passed away by then too not to diminish what he did here as agree he deserves credit. Didn’t Hamilton return the year we went down too? Can’t credit him when team does well and blame Burley when it doesn’t

Burley won’t be coming back and rightly so but let’s credit what he did fairly
Technically he's not a football manager..... on 16:54 - Feb 3 with 2766 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Technically he's not a football manager..... on 16:26 - Feb 3 by Bloots

....and hasn't been for over a year.

Whether he is unemployed or not is irrelevant. He is a football manager by trade.

But fine, i don't know, Joey Jones at Wrexham. You're being pedantic.

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 16:55 - Feb 3 with 2765 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 16:07 - Feb 3 by Radlett_blue

Toto was always going to become better and i've posted this on here before. somebody who was coming back from injury, playing 30-45 minutes here and there would probably make mistakes but would come good with time. Unfortunately everyone else seemed to have decided otherwise.

You're correct, he is a football manager by trade..... on 17:01 - Feb 3 with 2759 viewsBloots

Technically he's not a football manager..... on 16:54 - Feb 3 by JammyDodgerrr

Whether he is unemployed or not is irrelevant. He is a football manager by trade.

But fine, i don't know, Joey Jones at Wrexham. You're being pedantic.

....so he'd do better than Shambert.

So would Joey Jones.

So would Joey Deacon.

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 17:09 - Feb 3 with 2758 viewsRadlett_blue

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 16:55 - Feb 3 by JammyDodgerrr

Toto was always going to become better and i've posted this on here before. somebody who was coming back from injury, playing 30-45 minutes here and there would probably make mistakes but would come good with time. Unfortunately everyone else seemed to have decided otherwise.

I think Toto is a typical lower league lump of a centre back who's there to try to head back the aimless long ball dross. Fair enough, but he's a liability if ever the ball'son the ground. He gets turned easily & then grabs the defender, earning a yellow. He is also prone to flying into dangerous tackles. He's spent 10 years in the lower leagues and although he's a different type of player, Wilson is no better standard.

Would Burley do any worse? on 19:18 - Feb 3 with 2707 viewsOxford_Blue

We are 4th, two points off promotion and five off top. Fifteen games to play.

Pull yourself together - this season is not over and we need to get over the disappointment of Saturday and be resilient. This constant navel gazing and picking apart anything possible is really not the way we should be approaching things. Burley was a very good player for us, a good manager and will always have a place in our memories. He has been out of the game, has done nothing for years, doesn’t have contacts in, or experience of, the modern game and the Burley of 2020 isn’t going to be the Burley of 1996-2000.

Let’s focus on Saturday. We need to get behind the lads, they need our support. Let’s judge the season and Lambert at the end of the season not in the middle of a promotion battle.
Would Burley do any worse? on 19:19 - Feb 3 with 2704 viewsOxford_Blue

Would Burley do any worse? on 11:37 - Feb 3 by footers

Why not get a young, up-and-coming manager and build a squad from the lower leagues?

Let’s give Paul Hurst a call. That went well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024