Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would Burley do any worse? 11:24 - Feb 3 with 6481 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 21:03 - Feb 3 with 985 viewsBlueBadger

Name one, and show your working please. (n/t) on 16:55 - Feb 3 by JammyDodgerrr

Toto was always going to become better and i've posted this on here before. somebody who was coming back from injury, playing 30-45 minutes here and there would probably make mistakes but would come good with time. Unfortunately everyone else seemed to have decided otherwise.

He was sh1t last season before injury and he was sh1t this season after injury.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You're correct, he is a football manager by trade..... on 21:38 - Feb 3 with 949 viewssolemio

You're correct, he is a football manager by trade..... on 17:01 - Feb 3 by Bloots

....so he'd do better than Shambert.

So would Joey Jones.

So would Joey Deacon.

Lamberk and Shambert. How do you manage to think of these witty names - right down there with Leadboots and Exskuse.
Would Burley do any worse? on 22:09 - Feb 3 with 917 viewsmidastouch

I would love to see George back. Remember what he said back in May 2018 ahead of Hurst's appointment, see here: https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/george-burley-wants-to-be-new-ipswich-town-boss-1-5
Burley totally gets it. I wanted Burley instead of both Hurst and Lambert too. But with Lambert getting his 5 year deal sadly the chance looks remote.
What Burley says in that interview chimes with tried and tested past success stories I can think of. For example, such as those discussed in the Class of 92 film. Fergie proved beyond doubt you can win with kids. Lambert has given Downes and Woolfenden plenty of games but I would go even further and gamble on the likes of Dobra, El Mizouni and Morris. George says you have to give youth players a run of games, just 1 or 2 sporadic games here and there isn't enough for them to settle properly and flourish. In the Class of 92 they mention how Utd's scouting system was a joke compared to Man City when Fergie took over, and how he made it a priority to sort it out, and the rewards they reaped in doing so. I think it's safe to say Norwich have marched well ahead of us with their scouting network and it's reflected with where they are compared to us now. I think Burley would be brave enough as well to make tough decisions and start shipping out some of the old guard who have taken us backwards rather than forwards. Fergie did it time and time again. Burley had a lot of respect for Ferguson and vice versa. Burley also obviously played under Sir Bobby Robson, that's another big plus point too surely! I don't care if he's been out of the game for so long, home is where the heart is and George's heart is here. Things nearly always go better when your heart is fully in it.

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Would Burley do any worse? on 23:42 - Feb 3 with 864 viewsbournemouthblue

Would Burley do any worse? on 11:37 - Feb 3 by Illinoisblue

Some would say the same about Lambert. He hasn’t been good for a long time now.

Lambert hasn't actually done that badly this season

That sounds like a mental statement off the bat but actually we have improved, not necessarily enough but it could be far worse

Where we ourselves have let him down is not actually supporting him in January

He had a pretty good summer window

Holy seemed a canny signing
Norris - I'm not convinced by and not just for his last mistake
Garbutt has proved useful
Norwood was a shrewd signing
Wilson was controversial but has proved solid enough
Keane seemed like a gamble worth taking
KVY was quality

Have I missed anybody?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Would Burley do any worse? on 07:19 - Feb 4 with 824 viewsChrisd

Without doubt, GB would do a better job. I'd feel we'd be in safer hands than we are now.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Would Burley do any worse? on 08:24 - Feb 4 with 801 viewsRadlett_blue

Would Burley do any worse? on 23:42 - Feb 3 by bournemouthblue

Lambert hasn't actually done that badly this season

That sounds like a mental statement off the bat but actually we have improved, not necessarily enough but it could be far worse

Where we ourselves have let him down is not actually supporting him in January

He had a pretty good summer window

Holy seemed a canny signing
Norris - I'm not convinced by and not just for his last mistake
Garbutt has proved useful
Norwood was a shrewd signing
Wilson was controversial but has proved solid enough
Keane seemed like a gamble worth taking
KVY was quality

Have I missed anybody?

Holy seems a reasonable keeper, but Lambert prefers an accident-prone loan player.
Garbutt is decent; disappointed we haven't signed him permanently in January but I guess he is keeping his options open.
Norwood is OK at this level, which is where we are.
Wilson was a cheap squad filler who has become a regular because Toto was a disaster.
Keane at least has stayed fit.
KVY is his one unqualified success, as long as he doesn't become a permanent sick note.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Gareth McAwful (n/t) on 09:10 - Feb 4 with 786 viewsBloots

You're correct, he is a football manager by trade..... on 21:38 - Feb 3 by solemio

Lamberk and Shambert. How do you manage to think of these witty names - right down there with Leadboots and Exskuse.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Would Burley do any worse? on 16:35 - Feb 4 with 727 viewsPilgrimblue

Yes of course but he's our choice not Evans' so never going to happen. MM aside he's made v poor appointments. Maybe if PL walks he might get the message and save more money. Plus we have a very good assistant in Nash.

must stop dreaming.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024