Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 years?! 22:11 - Feb 1 with 1164 viewsRobTheMonk

I can understand a contract extension. But 5 years seems absolutely ludicrous for someone who realistically has done nothing to convince me that he's done enough to deserve it. Loooking at results when he took over we only won against sh1te teams and a nothing game against Leeds. Then League 1 gives us wins against anyone not challenging and massively struggling against who is. Around the top of the league is good, don't get me wrong, but a 5 year contact stinks of someone who hasn't done anything exceptional and seems like a strange move to me. Frustrated at Evans' nativity, frustrated at Lambert. Sigh.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 22:12]
5 years?! on 22:13 - Feb 1 with 1149 viewsOxford_Blue

As you haven’t seen the contract how do you know what terms are in it?

It’s routine to have break clauses and early termination rights.

Evans isn’t green.
5 years?! on 22:21 - Feb 1 with 1114 viewsSwansea_Blue

ME doesn’t like change. I bet we’ll still have Skuse and Chambo her by then!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

5 years?! on 22:23 - Feb 1 with 1106 viewsChrisd

Yep, ludicrous. Thankfully, contracts in football aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

5 years?! on 22:24 - Feb 1 with 1106 viewsMrTown

Rotten to the core the club.

Only man earning his salary at the top end of the club is Bryan Klugg.

Recruitment, Management, Players, DoF, Owner..... Shambolic.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 22:26]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

5 years?! on 22:25 - Feb 1 with 1098 viewsChrisd

5 years?! on 22:24 - Feb 1 by MrTown

Rotten to the core the club.

Only man earning his salary at the top end of the club is Bryan Klugg.

Recruitment, Management, Players, DoF, Owner..... Shambolic.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 22:26]

Hard to disagree. We're a professional club in status, but run in amateur fashion.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

5 years?! on 22:26 - Feb 1 with 1085 viewsMrTown

5 years?! on 22:25 - Feb 1 by Chrisd

Hard to disagree. We're a professional club in status, but run in amateur fashion.

Tinpot springs to mind.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

5 years?! on 22:28 - Feb 1 with 1076 viewsGodzilla

5 years?! on 22:45 - Feb 1 with 1042 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

5 years?! on 22:13 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

As you haven’t seen the contract how do you know what terms are in it?

It’s routine to have break clauses and early termination rights.

Evans isn’t green.

Which means his previous contract would have contained similar clauses. So seems rather apparent that any decision to sack him now will be considerably more expensive than before

Rather than blindly defend everything relating to Lambert, perhaps you can explain exactly what the benefit was in giving him such a large extension when the wheels were firmly in the midst of coming off?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 22:46]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

5 years?! on 22:52 - Feb 1 with 1022 viewsOxford_Blue

5 years?! on 22:45 - Feb 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Which means his previous contract would have contained similar clauses. So seems rather apparent that any decision to sack him now will be considerably more expensive than before

Rather than blindly defend everything relating to Lambert, perhaps you can explain exactly what the benefit was in giving him such a large extension when the wheels were firmly in the midst of coming off?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 22:46]

Don’t get your logic.

His previous contract terms don’t entail the same being repeated again when renewed. You’re making assumptions. They will have been negotiated separately.

If there is a break clause I don’t get why you say it’s more expensive to sack Lambert.
5 years?! on 22:56 - Feb 1 with 1005 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

5 years?! on 22:52 - Feb 1 by Oxford_Blue

Don’t get your logic.

His previous contract terms don’t entail the same being repeated again when renewed. You’re making assumptions. They will have been negotiated separately.

If there is a break clause I don’t get why you say it’s more expensive to sack Lambert.

Your argument is that it’s routine to have those types of clauses in contracts - so that assumption should apply to his old contract too

It’s fairly mental to assume that a contract with 5+ years left to run will be as cheap to terminate as one with 18 months left

So again, what was the benefit exactly?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

5 years?! on 01:10 - Feb 2 with 855 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert gave Evans what he wants - good PR and improved season ticket sales. Hence the contract. It's nothing to do with his actual ability as a manager. If it was about that, he'd have never gotten the job in the first place, given that he's failed in every job he's had since 2012.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024