Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) 20:40 - Jan 29 with 2321 viewsSwansea_Blue

And to think some people on here support this rubbish.

Edit - seeminlgy this is misleading. Althought the UK govt is advising our citizens, it's the Chinese rules that prevent anyone holding a Chinese passport to stay in China.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 10:20]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 20:47 - Jan 29 with 1746 viewsjeera

Crazy stuff indeed.

Edited: Due to lack of info at present.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 3:11]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 20:48 - Jan 29 with 1741 viewsJ2BLUE

How petty and ridiculous.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 20:52 - Jan 29 with 1723 viewsjeera

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 20:48 - Jan 29 by J2BLUE

How petty and ridiculous.

Deliberately splitting up families is the kind of thing we'd expect from the likes of 'them'.

Not us. We're the good guys.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:05 - Jan 29 with 1669 viewssparks

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 20:52 - Jan 29 by jeera

Deliberately splitting up families is the kind of thing we'd expect from the likes of 'them'.

Not us. We're the good guys.

Are we actually clear on the reasons...?

Is this the UK or China being the problem?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:10 - Jan 29 with 1638 viewsjeera

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:05 - Jan 29 by sparks

Fair question.

Although the UK has already been criticised elsewhere for not acting as quickly as other nations.

And if the issue is China's end would it take much persuasion to allow them to rid themselves of a potentially diseased couple of half-British citizens?

We shall see, but as it reads, the FO doesn't seem to be making as much fuss as they could.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:11 - Jan 29 with 1635 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is it not the case that it's actually the Chinese govt saying the Chinese nationals can't leave?

I think you are blaming the wrong govt.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:12 - Jan 29 with 1624 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Spot on.

It's actually China insisting that Chinese citizens can't leave.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:13 - Jan 29 with 1618 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 20:47 - Jan 29 by jeera

Crazy stuff indeed.

It's China who are not allowing Chinese residents to leave.

Login to get fewer ads

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:16 - Jan 29 with 1606 viewsjeera

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:13 - Jan 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

You have the same info as everyone else here.

The articles quote the FO as not doing enough in their eyes. They are there, we are not, so I'm guessing they know more than us.

I've already answered Sparks.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:16 - Jan 29 with 1608 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good question. Seems like I’ve jumped the gun and it’s more to do with the Chinese end, inferred from this article stating that our Govt is pushing China to let dual nationality citizens leave. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/29/uk-presses-china-to-let-dual-na

Apologies, normally don’t take tvvater on face value and is was re-tweeted by someone who’s normally reliable.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:18 - Jan 29 with 1590 viewsSwansea_Blue

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:16 - Jan 29 by jeera

The articles quote the FO as not doing enough in their eyes. They are there, we are not, so I'm guessing they know more than us.

There have certainly been complaints about our end, although it seems we’re not the only problem.

A self woosh for me on this

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:19 - Jan 29 with 1583 viewsjeera

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:13 - Jan 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Are going to continue to follow me around down-voting my posts and nit-picking points that have already been covered?

*go away.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 21:19]

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:19 - Jan 29 with 1580 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:16 - Jan 29 by jeera

Do some more reading.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51293855

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-51302350

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:20 - Jan 29 with 1577 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:19 - Jan 29 by jeera

Are going to continue to follow me around down-voting my posts and nit-picking points that have already been covered?

*go away.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 21:19]

This is a forum for open discussion.

(Is it OK to answer a direct question?)

[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 21:21]

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:21 - Jan 29 with 1571 viewsjeera

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:18 - Jan 29 by Swansea_Blue

There have certainly been complaints about our end, although it seems we’re not the only problem.

A self woosh for me on this

The families are feeling let down, understandably.

One isn't even resident there and have only been there a week or two.

Crazy.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:21 - Jan 29 with 1561 viewsjeera

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:20 - Jan 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

This is a forum for open discussion.

(Is it OK to answer a direct question?)

[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 21:21]

Yeah, but you don't do that.

You just behave like a nuisance.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:22 - Jan 29 with 1555 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:16 - Jan 29 by Swansea_Blue

Good question. Seems like I’ve jumped the gun and it’s more to do with the Chinese end, inferred from this article stating that our Govt is pushing China to let dual nationality citizens leave. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/29/uk-presses-china-to-let-dual-na

Apologies, normally don’t take tvvater on face value and is was re-tweeted by someone who’s normally reliable.

Indeed.

I did mention this, but got shot down.

You'll be ok.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:23 - Jan 29 with 1547 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:21 - Jan 29 by jeera

Yeah, but you don't do that.

You just behave like a nuisance.

Just trying to be the voice of reason.

It's always good to hear both sides.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:23 - Jan 29 with 1549 viewsjeera

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:22 - Jan 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Indeed.

I did mention this, but got shot down.

You'll be ok.

No, it had already been done.

You just did some piggy-backing.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:24 - Jan 29 with 1537 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:23 - Jan 29 by jeera

No, it had already been done.

You just did some piggy-backing.

Agree to differ.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:24 - Jan 29 with 1531 viewsjeera

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:24 - Jan 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree to differ.

Passive-aggressive.

*go away.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 00:08 - Jan 30 with 1492 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:24 - Jan 29 by jeera

Passive-aggressive.

*go away.

I've enjoyed our debate.

VoR.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 00:28 - Jan 30 with 1463 viewsStokieBlue

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 20:47 - Jan 29 by jeera

Crazy stuff indeed.

It's the Chinese government who have said no people with dual Chinese citizenship can't leave.

Lets get the facts right here.

None of that makes it acceptable though - it's a ridiculous stance from the Chinese. It's also ridiculous to try and make it about the UK government for political reasons.

SB
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 10:11]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 03:14 - Jan 30 with 1391 viewsjeera

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 00:28 - Jan 30 by StokieBlue

It's the Chinese government who have said no people with dual Chinese citizenship can't leave.

Lets get the facts right here.

None of that makes it acceptable though - it's a ridiculous stance from the Chinese. It's also ridiculous to try and make it about the UK government for political reasons.

SB
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 10:11]

I think we've established that bud.

I've amended it.

Only thing I would say is there are quotes from people in that situation who say not enough is being done this end, though that could also understandably be frustration.

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 05:29 - Jan 30 with 1339 viewsBloomBlue

Fake news and more lies spread on twitter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024