Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) 20:40 - Jan 29 with 2325 viewsSwansea_Blue

And to think some people on here support this rubbish.

Edit - seeminlgy this is misleading. Althought the UK govt is advising our citizens, it's the Chinese rules that prevent anyone holding a Chinese passport to stay in China.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 10:20]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 06:19 - Jan 30 with 521 viewsStokieBlue

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 03:14 - Jan 30 by jeera

I think we've established that bud.

I've amended it.

Only thing I would say is there are quotes from people in that situation who say not enough is being done this end, though that could also understandably be frustration.

Didn't get that far before I replied, probably should have :).

It's a difficult one, I'm certainly sure more could be done as you say.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 06:54 - Jan 30 with 492 viewsTractorWood

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 21:16 - Jan 29 by Swansea_Blue

Good question. Seems like I’ve jumped the gun and it’s more to do with the Chinese end, inferred from this article stating that our Govt is pushing China to let dual nationality citizens leave. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/29/uk-presses-china-to-let-dual-na

Apologies, normally don’t take tvvater on face value and is was re-tweeted by someone who’s normally reliable.

Blaming the UK that a Chinese dual national can't leave China is a big swing and a miss.

China doesn't recognise dual nationality so in their eyes the child is solely Chinese and the UK's opinion is as irrelevant as say the daily mail.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 08:24 - Jan 30 with 468 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 06:54 - Jan 30 by TractorWood

Blaming the UK that a Chinese dual national can't leave China is a big swing and a miss.

China doesn't recognise dual nationality so in their eyes the child is solely Chinese and the UK's opinion is as irrelevant as say the daily mail.

Indeed.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 09:37 - Jan 30 with 458 viewshaynes_toe1

This fake news BS is frustrating. Can't actually read anything now without having to go check in 2 or 3 other places at least first.
Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 10:08 - Jan 30 with 453 viewsLord_Lucan

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 09:37 - Jan 30 by haynes_toe1

This fake news BS is frustrating. Can't actually read anything now without having to go check in 2 or 3 other places at least first.

When I read the OP I looked at it with scepticism but I had just heard the same thing on the BBC so although I wasn't sure on the matter the fact that BBC had had reported it just as negatively made me think that it simply must be pretty accurate. I then shook my head wondering what the hell were our government thinking.

Swansea is not really the sort of poster who trawls the net for negative political stories and then splashes a link on here in order to back up their one sided view on life - even though the report may very well be a load of rubbish`- but many posters do and in turn they are fake news generators.They seem to use these types of forum as vehicles to spread their blinkered views on life.

It happens on here all the time from the same posters, I highlighted this point yesterday only to receive a heap of down arrows. I'm not sure if these people are young and impressionable, angry or just a bit dense but they certainly have tunnel vision.

I don't do Facebook but I have been forwarded some incredible stuff posted by Brexiters which never cease to amaze me, ignorant isn't the word, it's mind boggling.

Question everything!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 10:18 - Jan 30 with 449 viewsSwansea_Blue

Unbelievable Jeff (evacuations from China) on 05:29 - Jan 30 by BloomBlue

Fake news and more lies spread on twitter.

It's not actually a lie though; just not the whole story. The UK Government DID tell this woman that she could leave but her 3 year old couldn't. But it wasn't them that made the decision - they were just the messengers for the Chinese rules.

Obviously it's misleading, but it is factual. What I don't know is whether it was deliberately misleading to get a reaction (looks that way). Poor show if so from someone who seemingly works for a 'proper' newspaper.

Question everything is a pretty good place to start from, as LL says. I didn't corraborate here, and many don't. It's part of the way the bitesize 24 hour gossip cycle works now and leaves us vulnerable to manipulation (as we've seen plenty of times over the last 4-5 years).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024