Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
100 points now unobtainable 15:06 - Jan 29 with 2560 viewsIllinoisblue

#99points

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

100 points now unobtainable on 15:26 - Jan 29 with 2527 viewsHerbivore

In fairness, once Bury got expelled I readjusted my expectations to 94 points. We're over halfway there, just need 15 wins and 1 draw from our remaining 16 games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

100 points now unobtainable on 15:36 - Jan 29 with 2506 viewsHerbivore

Even to get to 88 points, which is the 2 points per game you usually need to guarantee promotion, we'd need 40 points from 16 games. That's 12 wins and 4 draws. It isn't happening.

100 points now unobtainable on 16:28 - Jan 29 with 2450 viewsIllinoisblue

100 points now unobtainable on 15:36 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

Even to get to 88 points, which is the 2 points per game you usually need to guarantee promotion, we'd need 40 points from 16 games. That's 12 wins and 4 draws. It isn't happening.

Low 80s will do it I reckon such is the dog eat dog mess at the top of the table

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

100 points now unobtainable on 16:37 - Jan 29 with 2430 viewsHerbivore

100 points now unobtainable on 16:28 - Jan 29 by Illinoisblue

Low 80s will do it I reckon such is the dog eat dog mess at the top of the table

82 points will probably do it. That's still 10 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats from our remaining games. Going to be a big ask.

100 points now unobtainable on 16:54 - Jan 29 with 2396 viewsStokieBlue

100 points now unobtainable on 16:37 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

82 points will probably do it. That's still 10 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats from our remaining games. Going to be a big ask.

Luton won the league with 94 points last year and currently sit bottom of the Championship. The gap is huge and I don't think this season we have moved the project along to a point where we will be able to do an awful lot even if we get promoted.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

100 points now unobtainable on 16:54 - Jan 29 with 2392 viewsagravenor

100 points now unobtainable on 16:54 - Jan 29 by StokieBlue

Luton won the league with 94 points last year and currently sit bottom of the Championship. The gap is huge and I don't think this season we have moved the project along to a point where we will be able to do an awful lot even if we get promoted.

SB

May as well not get promoted then.
100 points now unobtainable on 16:55 - Jan 29 with 2387 viewsStokieBlue

100 points now unobtainable on 16:54 - Jan 29 by agravenor

May as well not get promoted then.

Well done.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

100 points now unobtainable on 17:02 - Jan 29 with 2376 viewsLankHenners

SB

This season should have been about building the team up again ready to compete in the Championship. Instead we've faffed about and are no nearer to establishing who we are as a team which is the bare minimum needed to even have a hope of staying up.

If we do go up (and that's far far away from certain at this rate) then it's hard to see much more than a repeat of last season where teams play in 2nd gear and still run out comfortable winners against us most weeks.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

100 points now unobtainable on 17:03 - Jan 29 with 2368 viewsPJH

SB

Would probably get two more chances to beat them from up the road though.
100 points now unobtainable on 17:08 - Jan 29 with 2351 viewsReuser_is_God

Given we are currently only 2 points off the top I don't think it's that big of an ask.

No one is putting a real run together & there are 2 less games this season, I wouldn't be surprised if high 70's gets you a top 2 spot this year.*

If we come through this next run of games in a similar position I'd fancy us with our run in.

*That obviously does depend on no one going on a superb run between now & May.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

100 points now unobtainable on 17:12 - Jan 29 with 2339 viewsReuser_is_God

100 points now unobtainable on 17:02 - Jan 29 by LankHenners

This season should have been about building the team up again ready to compete in the Championship. Instead we've faffed about and are no nearer to establishing who we are as a team which is the bare minimum needed to even have a hope of staying up.

If we do go up (and that's far far away from certain at this rate) then it's hard to see much more than a repeat of last season where teams play in 2nd gear and still run out comfortable winners against us most weeks.

Say we did go up what would we need recruitment wise?

1 GK
RB back up for KVY
Potentially a whole new raft of CB's - Woolf could go, Wilson not Champ quality & that leaves Chambers
LB potentially 2 if Garbutt doesn't stay
CM chance that Skuse & Downes may not be here
Wingers we don't have any
Strikers I'm not convinced any of the current crop could make the step up & be comfortable week in week out in the Championship

Jesus bloody wept

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

100 points now unobtainable on 17:12 - Jan 29 with 2340 viewsHerbivore

SB

I think that's a big part of where some of the despondency comes from, even if we do go back up it certainly hasn't been a momentum building season. It's hard to see us stuttering up to the Championship and ending up doing anything other than massively struggling.

100 points now unobtainable on 17:22 - Jan 29 with 2322 viewsLankHenners

100 points now unobtainable on 17:12 - Jan 29 by Reuser_is_God

Say we did go up what would we need recruitment wise?

1 GK
RB back up for KVY
Potentially a whole new raft of CB's - Woolf could go, Wilson not Champ quality & that leaves Chambers
LB potentially 2 if Garbutt doesn't stay
CM chance that Skuse & Downes may not be here
Wingers we don't have any
Strikers I'm not convinced any of the current crop could make the step up & be comfortable week in week out in the Championship

Jesus bloody wept

Doesn't look good does it?

Wouldn't be disappointed if we signed Norris permanently and had him and Holy there. KVY could play in that league fine (though would be tested far more defensively than he was against sh!tters like Gillingham, Tranmere etc.), CBs - agree, Woolf would certainly stay no longer than the end of next season if he keeps his form up, rest are aging or not good enough. LB is a problem area - not sure Garbutt's good enough there (or LWB) at Champ level and we may not get him permanently.

CMs less of a worry if we can keep a midfield 3 of Huws, Downes, Judge/Bishop but like Woolf, Downes unlikely to be with us much longer. Hopefully likes of El Mizouni, Dobra can push on. Agree would need a Skuse type but one whose legs haven't almost gone. Wide players a perpetual problem for us. Garbutt an ok LM if we play 442 but seems unlikely and as above may not get him.

All of our strikers would be 3rd/4th choice at most Champ clubs. They'd all fit the category of 'useful'. Keane could be good but needs to be a) injury free and b) good support around him which he won't have.

The amount we'd need is an amount you don't realistically want to come in all at the same time and we realistically couldn't afford it anyway. That's why this season was so important in more ways than one. Thanks Evans and Lambert.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

100 points now unobtainable on 17:51 - Jan 29 with 2284 viewsBent_double

I can see those 2 defeats coming very soon, so as long as we go unbeaten after Sunderland you might just be right.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

100 points now unobtainable on 17:57 - Jan 29 with 2266 viewsbournemouthblue

100 points now unobtainable on 15:26 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

In fairness, once Bury got expelled I readjusted my expectations to 94 points. We're over halfway there, just need 15 wins and 1 draw from our remaining 16 games.

I think we'd need to loan Salah and Mane in January to achieve that feat

I believe someone had done the maths and reckoned it is likely to be a low points promotion

The automatic teams may only need points in the earlier 80's to go up?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 17:58]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

100 points now unobtainable on 17:59 - Jan 29 with 2251 viewsGriller

100 points now unobtainable on 17:03 - Jan 29 by PJH

Would probably get two more chances to beat them from up the road though.

Would these be the same chances that have come your way over the last ten years or so? No animosity whatsoever, just saying............
100 points now unobtainable on 18:04 - Jan 29 with 2231 viewsMullet

100 points now unobtainable on 17:59 - Jan 29 by Griller

Would these be the same chances that have come your way over the last ten years or so? No animosity whatsoever, just saying............

Good to see your internet working finally

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

100 points now unobtainable on 18:30 - Jan 29 with 2186 viewsPJH

100 points now unobtainable on 17:59 - Jan 29 by Griller

Law of averages says that one day...

I imagine in recent times for you it was like it was for us for the bulk of the 1970's and early 1980's in as much we expected to beat you every time and more often than not did.
100 points now unobtainable on 20:18 - Jan 29 with 2098 viewsGriller

100 points now unobtainable on 18:30 - Jan 29 by PJH

Law of averages says that one day...

I imagine in recent times for you it was like it was for us for the bulk of the 1970's and early 1980's in as much we expected to beat you every time and more often than not did.

You are absolutely right although I don't recall ever going ten years without the odd win here and there. I have no doubt your turn will come again at some point but if you'll forgive the comment I do wonder if it will happen while you have an owner who hopes success will come instead of doing his best to ensure that it does. See you next season...........maybe.
100 points now unobtainable on 20:46 - Jan 29 with 2077 viewsPJH

100 points now unobtainable on 20:18 - Jan 29 by Griller

You are absolutely right although I don't recall ever going ten years without the odd win here and there. I have no doubt your turn will come again at some point but if you'll forgive the comment I do wonder if it will happen while you have an owner who hopes success will come instead of doing his best to ensure that it does. See you next season...........maybe.

You did get the odd win and sometimes at most inconvenient (for us) times but generally we expected to beat you and very often did.

It is true that you never went as long as we have been doing without a win though.
100 points now unobtainable on 00:25 - Jan 30 with 2017 viewsstonojnr

well the bad news is 84 points is the lowest points total to have finished top in League one from the past decade, only two teams have been promoted as champions in those 10 years with points scores of less than 90, the average is nearer 95.

2nd spot isnt much better, the lowest total in League One (so from its name change to League One 15/16years ago)to get 2nd spot, was 82pts, the average is normally around 88pts

obviously losing the 2 Bury games will shift those numbers down, but theres not alot of slack left for Town
100 points now unobtainable on 01:20 - Jan 30 with 1990 viewsgainsboroughblue

100 points now unobtainable on 20:18 - Jan 29 by Griller

I started going early 80s and mostly remember defeats in derby games. Especially in the cups. FA Cup and League Cup twice (I know we won first leg of the semi).

In our promotion year, we took 1 point from 6.
Same the season before when we missed out on 2nd on the last day.

Conversely we doubled them when they finished 3rd in inaugural premier league season so it seems even in times of relative dominance, we've been a thorn in each others sides.

So you'd think even given how far behind we've been on the last decade, we'd have at the very least fluked one win.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2020 1:21]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

100 points now unobtainable on 08:11 - Jan 30 with 1905 viewsHerbivore

100 points now unobtainable on 00:25 - Jan 30 by stonojnr

well the bad news is 84 points is the lowest points total to have finished top in League one from the past decade, only two teams have been promoted as champions in those 10 years with points scores of less than 90, the average is nearer 95.

2nd spot isnt much better, the lowest total in League One (so from its name change to League One 15/16years ago)to get 2nd spot, was 82pts, the average is normally around 88pts

obviously losing the 2 Bury games will shift those numbers down, but theres not alot of slack left for Town

Even taking Bury into account it looks set to take a lower than normal points total this year. There's not much separating the top 10 sides which means teams are taking points off each other. Rotherham are top but aren't averaging the two points a game you'd normally expect from a side top of the league. I do think even as few as 80 points could do it this year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024