Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The best league in the world 18:38 - Jan 22 with 4148 viewsCoastalblue

Who watches it? Watches Prem matches on a regular basis?

I love football, go see Town, watch a bit of non league but not watched more than the odd match a season in the Prem for about a decade. I couldn't recognise most Premier League players these days.

Am I alone? Am I unusual in being a football supporter with little interest in the Premier League?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

The best league in the world on 08:25 - Jan 23 with 632 viewschicoazul

I watch it in the pub now and then (but that's more an excuse to go to the pub than to watch the football) and I have BT Sport on my phone so if I fancy giving myself a migraine by staring at a tiny screen for 90 mins I may do that too but I don't have Sky. MotD is about my lot really and perfectly fine.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The best league in the world on 08:31 - Jan 23 with 624 viewsElephantintheRoom

The best league in the world on 08:19 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

The NFL is the best league in the world? My word.

Well even if you are strange and averse to reality.... weekend after next there is something called the superbowl. Have a look at the viewing figures before sneering - the quality and intracies of the play will be beyond you so dont bother staying past your bedtime..

NFL is the best league (two if you want to be picky, which clearly you will) in the world by virtually any yardstick.... its sort of what football in this country might be if there was a meritocracy - and only a few teams that all the best players could play for..... no second, third, fourth or fifty fifth division.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The best league in the world on 08:35 - Jan 23 with 620 viewsHerbivore

The best league in the world on 08:31 - Jan 23 by ElephantintheRoom

Well even if you are strange and averse to reality.... weekend after next there is something called the superbowl. Have a look at the viewing figures before sneering - the quality and intracies of the play will be beyond you so dont bother staying past your bedtime..

NFL is the best league (two if you want to be picky, which clearly you will) in the world by virtually any yardstick.... its sort of what football in this country might be if there was a meritocracy - and only a few teams that all the best players could play for..... no second, third, fourth or fifty fifth division.

I've watched NFL and find it largely toss. It appeals to Americans who are happy to sit for 3 hours to watch 10 second snippets of play and loads of downtime ad nauseum, but I'm not sure of the appeal to a Brit who can watch proper sports like football, rugby and cricket. I guess if one's main aim in life is to appear edgy you might want to talk up the virtues of the NFL but that's not really my bag to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The best league in the world on 09:05 - Jan 23 with 596 viewsJimmyJazz

This season I haven't paid any attention at all to the Championship - it appears so irrelevant. Much more engaged with League 1 for some reason

I do watch the Prem though, maybe 1 game a weekend is my limit.

No interest in any of the cups - Champions League, FA Cup, etc (I wonder if that's because there is no Fantasy Football connection)

Don't watch international qualifiers or friendlies

Transfer windows are becoming boring, just rumours of players i've never heard of from foreign lands.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

The best league in the world on 09:08 - Jan 23 with 593 viewsITFC_Forever

Watch MOTD every week - but as others have said, skip through the analysis.

Watch whatever Prem game is on tv if I'm not doing anything else. Sometimes watch the Champ if it's a game that catches my eye for whatever reason.

Other than the last couple of Finals, I can't remember the last time I watched a Champions League game though.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The best league in the world on 09:24 - Jan 23 with 578 viewsChurchman

The best league in the world on 08:31 - Jan 23 by ElephantintheRoom

I like the way the poorest teams get first pick of of the draft each year. It is a sort of meritocracy process which in theory stops one team dominating - apart from New England! I enjoy it as something to dip in and out of and I’ve been to a few of the London games. I also tend to be propping up a bar in America when the Superbowl is on.

But the best league in the world? Not for me. Firstly not all the teams play each other so it isn’t a true league. Secondly, as a game it feel flawed in that there is an awful lot of faffing about which means game time of an hour lasts three and a half hours.
The best league in the world on 09:30 - Jan 23 with 572 viewsitfcjoe

I don't watch as much as I did but that is mainly due to changing family circumstances. I try and watch where I can and catch parts of games rather than whole games more than anything.

I still like to keep track of all English football at any level, but hard to sit in front of the box all the time with 2 young kids!

Champions League has dropped off my radar since going to BT, which is a shame as do like the knock out stages - actually made the effort to watch a couple with my Dad's BT login last year and will prob do so again for 2nd legs this year.

I think for most people it is a generational thing as you get older, rather than anything to do with PL specifically now as opposed to 20, 30 or 40 years ago - your spare time is more precious when you get older.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The best league in the world on 09:36 - Jan 23 with 558 viewsSikamikanico

I used to watch all of the Champions League games and Premier league games. Was about the only thing both me and my Dad enjoyed.

Nowadays.... I tend to only watch Ipswich home games and England when on free TV. I might flick on a game if there is genuinely nothing else to be done or have it on in the background.
Login to get fewer ads

The best league in the world on 09:59 - Jan 23 with 543 viewsBlueBadger

The best league in the world on 08:19 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

The NFL is the best league in the world? My word.

Oh come on now, the marketing and adverts on show in it it are of PRP level and beyond.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 10:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The best league in the world on 14:31 - Jan 23 with 484 viewsNo9

Sunday a.m. MOtD
Occasional FA cup game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024