Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) 06:39 - Jan 15 with 3569 viewsITFC_Forever

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 13:10 - Jan 15 with 627 viewsLankHenners

Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 12:57 - Jan 15 by Superfrans

There is a devil's advocate case to be made in favour of the rotation policy - it has helped us get to a place where the likes of Huws, Keane, Judge are all beginning to hit form, having been given odd games to get up to match fitness.

All three of them are the players most likely to make a big difference in this division imho, given how much time they have spent at a higher level. And they are now beginning to show it. But I'm not sure any of them were warranting a regular starting place a month or two ago - the rotation gave them game time and has effectively put us where we are now, with what feels like a decent squad and a strong first XI.

That's what a rotation policy should do when done well, which isn't what we've been doing. In the case of Judge, having a string of games in the same position in the same formation with the same players around him is a far stronger reason for him looking better than being rotated.

To jump on the 'def info' train for a moment, I've also heard that the sudden halting of mass rotation of players and system (and actually working on it more in training) is driven from the players (Chambo especially) and Lambert listening rather than some grand master plan from Lambert to muddle through for half a season then start doing things properly which some are peddling on here for some bizarre reason.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 13:42 - Jan 15 with 592 viewsSuperfrans

Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 13:06 - Jan 15 by itfcjoe

For me it has always been the constant chopping and changing of shape and style rather than the players so much - can accept player rotation but they need to be coming into a settled side with a core and a way of playing so that it can be done more seamlessly

I agree. He will no doubt argue that the ends justify the means though...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 21:41 - Jan 15 with 410 viewslmfcblue

Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 10:54 - Jan 15 by itfcjoe

I haven't heard what was said in the 'chat' after Lincoln but was hoping it was along the lines that had been alluded to in your post and covering the 3 main concerns I'd heard from players either directly or 2nd hand:

- Don't like the rotation, didn't feel it was helping them get match fit as too long breaks without games
- Don't like changing shape every week as not intelligent enough (their words) to be able to pick things up
- Don't like finding the team and shape up on Friday afternoon, and not having done any shape work in the week leading up to the game

Looks like the top 2 issues have been addressed with regards to the fact we have played the same team for 3 games in a row (bar injury enforced change last night) in the same shape.

And with regard to the 3rd one after Accrington game in the write up Phil notes “[We worked] on a different way of playing, it’s amazing. The players were great, really, really good.” Town’s overlapping centre-halves, the most notable change from previous games which he says was worked on for “a couple of days” this week,

So sounds as though we have done some shape.

There are other issues which I've been aware of, but think that if those 3 things above are correct and we get back to winning ways most of them go away.

Good post and you can keep tell the players are thriving having a game plan for once. I’ve been v critical of PL but fair play to him for taking the points on board.
Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 22:27 - Jan 15 with 385 viewsZacak

Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 06:52 - Jan 15 by ITFC_Forever

I’d agree we’ve improved in the last few games, and in isolation, a draw last night is a decent enough point.
But it’s some leap from that to then say we’re in good form.

So how many games constitute a fair assessment of form?
Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 22:39 - Jan 15 with 380 viewsHerbivore

Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 22:27 - Jan 15 by Zacak

So how many games constitute a fair assessment of form?

Form tables tend to use between 5 and 8 games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 23:37 - Jan 15 with 350 viewsZacak

Lambert: “We’re in good form”. 1 win in 14 says we’re not..... (n/t) on 22:39 - Jan 15 by Herbivore

Form tables tend to use between 5 and 8 games.

Must be that then....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024