Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
90 Minute Performance 14:36 - Jan 13 with 749 viewsGarv

I was annoyed to miss Saturday.

Allowing for the fact that at 3-0 the game was done and games like that often fizzle out, was that the elusive '90 minute performance' that we'd all been going on about earlier in the season?

Since early November we'd barely seen a 10 minute performance, August to September was full of 45 minutes ones. Was Saturday different to, say the Tranmere or Shrewsbury home games?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

90 Minute Performance on 14:43 - Jan 13 with 714 viewsHerbivore

Hard to say. Second half we really eased off for the most part and they weren't good enough to threaten. I'm not sure it was a 90 minute performance but it didn't need to be as the game was won at half time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

90 Minute Performance on 14:46 - Jan 13 with 699 viewsSamWhiteUK

You can watch on iFollow.

I'd say it was a 65 minute performance, and after that they got a bit more into it. We weren't putting in 100% at that point, and did have times where we struggled to put a couple of passes together. However, Accrington really weren't very good.
90 Minute Performance on 14:49 - Jan 13 with 686 viewsPJH

90 Minute Performance on 14:43 - Jan 13 by Herbivore

Hard to say. Second half we really eased off for the most part and they weren't good enough to threaten. I'm not sure it was a 90 minute performance but it didn't need to be as the game was won at half time.

I think that is right, it did look like we cruised through a lot of the second half because it was all over at half time-if a game ever is.

Difficult to say whether we would have got the intensity back in the unlikely event that they got back into it with an early goal or two in the second half but I suppose as we scored a fourth after they got their one suggests we would have done.
90 Minute Performance on 14:49 - Jan 13 with 684 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Not 90 minutes, we dies off a little in the second half. But it was comfortable.

Think Tranmere game for the second half, comfortable enough without being blinding. First half was very good though

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

90 Minute Performance on 15:13 - Jan 13 with 622 viewsDarth_Koont

In terms of game management it probably was. Second half was much ore about keeping them at arm's length and not letting them back into the game.

Overall, we did that well even if we became much less adventurous with the ball - probably because we couldn't match the intensity of the first half and were tiring.

I also thought that even though Stanley were a bit rubbish (we had a lot to do with that, of course), they did keep going right to the end. So credit to them for making the second half more of a contest than it might otherwise have been.

Pronouns: He/Him

90 Minute Performance on 15:30 - Jan 13 with 595 viewsartsbossbeard

It was like watching the Washington Generals take on the Harlem Globetrotters.

I was expecting Bishop to come onto the pitch with a bucket and pretend to chuck water into the crowd and it turns out to be confetti.

This really is the type of home performance, control and authority over a team that I was expecting throughout this season.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

90 Minute Performance on 15:47 - Jan 13 with 554 viewshomer_123

As good a performance as we have seen for sometime - in terms of 90 mins.

First half was very very good, second we tailed off but played well enough to ease through the second half.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024