Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh no no no 01:00 - Jan 8 with 2536 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51028954

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Oh no no no on 08:47 - Jan 8 with 462 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Oh no no no on 08:31 - Jan 8 by Steve_M

I'm not sure that this, in itself, is either unexpected or that concerning. The Iranian regime had to respond in some showy way. The bit to be more concerned about is if they start pushing terrorism in Western countries again.

Agree. They responded tactically and the bombs were targeted away from where the US troops were assumed to be, possibly a warning and just a show of retaliation?

Hopefully we keep out of this, I don't imagine it will reach any further than Iran and the USA having it off with each other.

That being said, Trump really has to go. So so dangerous.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Oh no no no on 09:06 - Jan 8 with 438 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Oh no no no on 08:45 - Jan 8 by factual_blue

Off to the recruiting office for you Rommers.

Or is it the white feather for you?

Junior tells me that social media is full of boys dressing up as girls to avoid conscription....any excuse...!!

Edit...over to you Rommers.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 9:07]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Oh no no no on 09:26 - Jan 8 with 417 viewsflimflam

Its a token gesture from Iran to show their people they have retaliated.

Trump seems none to bothered by it and probably also expected it so hopefully thats the end of things for now and other countries can start to try and deescalate.

More concerning is the the 737 that fell burning out of the sky, hopefully not related.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Oh no no no on 09:32 - Jan 8 with 408 viewsGuthrum

Oh no no no on 01:30 - Jan 8 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m sat here watching the news. It’s awful.

My best friends Iranian (although she’s never been there before) and she can’t believe any of this. But these last few days are just crazy. And now this.

There’s a war coming isn’t there? Iran (and Russia quite possibly) v Trump

Iran is unlikely to start a direct, conventional war with the US. They would not win and the regime would likely be destroyed. There are other ways of doing things - via proxies, for example.

Trump is unlikely to deliberately start an all-out war with Iran. He does not want to be the President who (after all he's said) once again sends off young Americans to die in the Middle East. That has never been his approach.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Oh no no no on 10:22 - Jan 8 with 375 viewsGlasgowBlue

Oh no no no on 08:31 - Jan 8 by Steve_M

I'm not sure that this, in itself, is either unexpected or that concerning. The Iranian regime had to respond in some showy way. The bit to be more concerned about is if they start pushing terrorism in Western countries again.

They said they are sending Hezbollah to increase terror attacks against Israel.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Oh no no no on 10:41 - Jan 8 with 346 viewsSteve_M

Oh no no no on 10:22 - Jan 8 by GlasgowBlue

They said they are sending Hezbollah to increase terror attacks against Israel.

There's going to be a lot of noise around first, it's going to be important to separate that from actions. Which is a going to be a bit tricky when it comes to the overgrown toddler in Washington.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Oh no no no on 11:26 - Jan 8 with 306 viewsStokieBlue

Oh no no no on 10:41 - Jan 8 by Steve_M

There's going to be a lot of noise around first, it's going to be important to separate that from actions. Which is a going to be a bit tricky when it comes to the overgrown toddler in Washington.

This isn't ideal from the Iranian backed Iraqi militia:

Iraqi militia leader Qais al-Khazali says that now Iran has responded for Soleimani's death, Iraqi militias must respond for the death of one of their leaders alongside him.

He says the Iraqi retaliation should be "no less than the size of the Iranian response".

Looks like anything major might have been avoided - to poke the orange one in that way would be foolish.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024