Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sign Tommy Smith 09:11 - Jan 2 with 2541 viewsitfcjoe

If we are going to play 3 at the back then we need to improve our CB options, yesterday they all struggled to an extent

Woolfenden having to play on the left as the only one comfortable on the ball really negates the quality he does have on it, so he isn't able to affect the game like he has been

Wilson just nowhere near good enough on the ball, Wycombe let Woolfie and Chambers keep it and as soon as it went to Wilson applied a bit of pressure as he went long with a straight ball when pressed

Chambers lacks the pace for the wide roles of a back 3 so has to play centrally, but really is more of a sweeper than a ball winner as lacks the height to really be the big man back there like Berra was when he was with us.

A note for their striker, Samuel, who really did a good job occupying our centre halves, looked lively and used the ball well.

I'd personally go 4 at the back, if we are to persist with 3 there needs to be an improvement on the ball

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sign Tommy Smith on 12:20 - Jan 2 with 265 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree with that but doesn't playing 4 at the back just push the problems into midfield?

Yesterday I think the wingbacks gave us balance and got Garbutt and Edwards into space where they could threaten. The wide midfield options of Judge and Edwards have never really done that despite many attempts.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sign Tommy Smith on 12:29 - Jan 2 with 252 viewsdavblue

Sign Tommy Smith on 11:55 - Jan 2 by itfcjoe

Yep, somebody had noted CMS wasn't playing but he was a carbon copy - kept 3 CBs occupied when we struggle to find a striker who can occupy 2

CMS left in the summer.
"That’s a technical coaching issue, not a staff issue." on 12:38 - Jan 2 with 253 viewsDyland

Sign Tommy Smith on 12:19 - Jan 2 by unstableblue

I’m not sure we need another centre back, we need better defensive shape and coaching.

Noticeable how often the Sky pundit referenced how poor our defensive line was. That’s a technical coaching issue, not a staff issue.

Interesting that I’d now say The Wolf is our first choice over Chambo. Both Wilson and Chambo have become our no nonsense clear it first type. When Chambo dithers we concede.

Nsiala shouldnt start.

It is both, and to the "staff" point because we don't have the players for it. They looked all at sea defensively, and Wolfenden is wasted. We could get away with perhaps Chambers or Wilson with Wolfenden, but not both.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024