Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unique starting line ups 10:01 - Dec 30 with 1075 viewsBluefish

Geoff Sentence has posted it a lot on here but I couldn't fully believe it so i have just copied and pasted and sorted the line ups. He is spot on, we have had a different line up in all 31 games this season. We aren't talking different to the game before we are talking a line up that has never been used before at any stage of the season. This is absolutely staggering! Surely a club needs a strongest 11 that gets tinkered with slightly due to form and fitness. The most frustrating part is this is off the back of a free hit for 6 months last season where we had time to prepare.

I honestly don't think this would have ever been done before in football

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Unique starting line ups on 10:08 - Dec 30 with 1011 viewsHerbivore

It's utter madness. I don't know how anyone still holds on to the idea that he's competent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Unique starting line ups on 10:09 - Dec 30 with 1013 viewsGeoffSentence

It is hard to believe isn't it.

Rotation is one thing, but this level of change can't be helpful.

I note that some of the players are starting to speak out against it now, there was Nolan the other day and now Chambers in his interview "Would a more settled side help? “Yes, absolutely, why not? "

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Unique starting line ups on 10:12 - Dec 30 with 992 viewsm14_blue

That is utter madness.
Unique starting line ups on 10:14 - Dec 30 with 980 viewsBlueBadger

It's not just line ups, it's formations and tactics.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Unique starting line ups on 10:15 - Dec 30 with 970 viewsHerbivore

Unique starting line ups on 10:14 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

What is tactics?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Unique starting line ups on 10:16 - Dec 30 with 974 viewsGeoffSentence

Unique starting line ups on 10:14 - Dec 30 by BlueBadger

Aye, constant changes of formations would probably be difficult even with a settled team. in my opinion tinkering so wildly with both is why we are struggling a bit at the moment.

Unique starting line ups on 10:16 - Dec 30 with 973 viewsBluefish

Unique starting line ups on 10:12 - Dec 30 by m14_blue

That is utter madness.

It is the sort of that should be asked at press conferences

Unique starting line ups on 10:16 - Dec 30 with 970 viewsRadlett_blue

Unique starting line ups on 10:09 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

I note that some of the players are starting to speak out against it now, there was Nolan the other day and now Chambers in his interview "Would a more settled side help? “Yes, absolutely, why not? "

I agree, although the players who are persistently left out probably won't. I think a preferred system & pattern of play is almost more important - almost every other professional club seems to have one. Yes, you may need to change it at half time or before if it's not working, but the constant changes in personnel & formation must be as baffling to the players as they are to me.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Unique starting line ups on 10:17 - Dec 30 with 961 viewsBluefish

Unique starting line ups on 10:16 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

Aye, constant changes of formations would probably be difficult even with a settled team. in my opinion tinkering so wildly with both is why we are struggling a bit at the moment.

There is no doubt in my mind about that. It is utterly bonkers

Unique starting line ups on 10:18 - Dec 30 with 958 viewssparks

Unique starting line ups on 10:09 - Dec 30 by GeoffSentence

As I pointed out the other day- there are only a few players who have started most league matches. The rest are at single figures, or early teens. From 22 games, Skuse is at 20, Jackson at 19. Norwood Woolf, Downes and Chambers are at 17/18- so have missed almost a quarter of games. The rest are at low teens or single figures.

It is no surprise that teams with a good pattern, established roles and undertstandings, and general cohesion and match sharpness, beat us.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Unique starting line ups on 10:20 - Dec 30 with 938 viewsBluefish

Unique starting line ups on 10:18 - Dec 30 by sparks

As I pointed out the other day- there are only a few players who have started most league matches. The rest are at single figures, or early teens. From 22 games, Skuse is at 20, Jackson at 19. Norwood Woolf, Downes and Chambers are at 17/18- so have missed almost a quarter of games. The rest are at low teens or single figures.

It is no surprise that teams with a good pattern, established roles and undertstandings, and general cohesion and match sharpness, beat us.

I just wonder what they do in training? How do they train when we have no idea of the shape.

Unique starting line ups on 11:51 - Dec 30 with 817 viewsJ2BLUE

Unique starting line ups on 10:15 - Dec 30 by Herbivore

What is tactics?

Little flavoured sweets that come in a plastic tub.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Unique starting line ups on 12:01 - Dec 30 with 794 viewsTractorCam

Unique starting line ups on 10:20 - Dec 30 by Bluefish

I just wonder what they do in training? How do they train when we have no idea of the shape.

Double gym sessions.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Unique starting line ups on 12:22 - Dec 30 with 753 viewsbournemouthblue

I understand why Lambert rotates, it's very much how higher level clubs do it and perhaps it's better suited when you have more talented personel

Mick McCarthy was of course the polar opposite but I always felt by February we were burnt out and tended to finish the season poorly as a result

Whether we see the benefits of rotation later in the season remains to be seen

He has certainly got himself in a pickle both with the defence and the midfield in particular and it has effected both our defensive abilities and play imho

I'm not sure we ever had a convincing pattern of play even when we were winning games. Perhaps teams have worked us out a bit also but we all know KVY was pivotal on our upsurge in form earlier in the season

We have lacked a plan B ever since he got injured, I still think we miss something up top and wing options seem to have got worse as the season has progressed

I think Norwood and Jackson's early promise has tailed off a bit and we lack a targetman particularly against the more physical sides in this league

I know Will Keane isn't an out and out targetman but he is the closest thing we have got at the moment

with Sears coming back, we have an extra runner with some pace who may help to unlock more from Jackson, Norwood and Keane potentially

How long is Danny Rowe out? I thought just as he was starting to develop into our side he then got that injury

Compared to both Judge and Edwards, he seems our best option on the wing when fit

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Unique starting line ups on 12:43 - Dec 30 with 713 viewsGeoffSentence

Unique starting line ups on 12:22 - Dec 30 by bournemouthblue

I understand why Lambert rotates, it's very much how higher level clubs do it and perhaps it's better suited when you have more talented personel

Mick McCarthy was of course the polar opposite but I always felt by February we were burnt out and tended to finish the season poorly as a result

Whether we see the benefits of rotation later in the season remains to be seen

He has certainly got himself in a pickle both with the defence and the midfield in particular and it has effected both our defensive abilities and play imho

I'm not sure we ever had a convincing pattern of play even when we were winning games. Perhaps teams have worked us out a bit also but we all know KVY was pivotal on our upsurge in form earlier in the season

We have lacked a plan B ever since he got injured, I still think we miss something up top and wing options seem to have got worse as the season has progressed

I think Norwood and Jackson's early promise has tailed off a bit and we lack a targetman particularly against the more physical sides in this league

I know Will Keane isn't an out and out targetman but he is the closest thing we have got at the moment

with Sears coming back, we have an extra runner with some pace who may help to unlock more from Jackson, Norwood and Keane potentially

How long is Danny Rowe out? I thought just as he was starting to develop into our side he then got that injury

Compared to both Judge and Edwards, he seems our best option on the wing when fit

You first two points got my attention. The comparison with MM is really interesting because he got a lot of stick for having favourites who were undroppable. That is an accusation that certainly can't be levelled at PL who changes personnel every game. It seems to me that PL has gone too far in the direction of changing the team. Certainly a bit of rotation, within a settled pattern of play, can be a good thing but he just seems to do so much that no-one knows who they are are playing with or what system is being played.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024