Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's two terrible defeats for Norwich 15:57 - Dec 8 with 3630 viewsBobbychase

Leicester away next weekend,. They could be adrift with Watford by the end of the year.

[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 16:00]

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:11 - Dec 8 with 1135 viewsDennyx4

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:05 - Dec 8 by BLUEBEAT

From a £38M loss in the Championship to a £95M+ profit in the Premiership.

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/norwich-city-remain-open-to-investment-offers-1

Thanks for the link, had heard that was the reason that they hadn't spent any money.

Would have been in a lot of bother, if they hadn't got up. The gamble on wages certainly worked for them, last year.
That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:19 - Dec 8 with 1125 viewsHerbivore

https://www.edp24.co.uk/business/norwich-city-remain-open-to-investment-offers-1

Not sure how they only turned over £33m when they sold Maddison and Murphy for around £30m. Maybe they were in the previous year's accounts.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 18:23]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:37 - Dec 8 with 1105 viewsDennyx4

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:19 - Dec 8 by Herbivore

Not sure how they only turned over £33m when they sold Maddison and Murphy for around £30m. Maybe they were in the previous year's accounts.

Think it was the wage bill that was the issue. I am sure someone posted (Elder Grizzly?) that they needed to make £30m to break even without acquiring any new players.

Rhodes alone reportedly cost £2.5m loan fee and another £2m in wages.
That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:49 - Dec 8 with 1085 viewslongtimefan

The £95M in that article refers to income from the Premier League, not profits.
That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:50 - Dec 8 with 1084 viewsHerbivore

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:37 - Dec 8 by Dennyx4

Think it was the wage bill that was the issue. I am sure someone posted (Elder Grizzly?) that they needed to make £30m to break even without acquiring any new players.

They got £30m the previous summer for two players though. Maybe they'd have needed it again but I thought those sales basically covered them for the season. They didn't spend much on fees last year.

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 19:00 - Dec 8 with 1070 viewsBLUEBEAT

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:49 - Dec 8 by longtimefan

The £95M in that article refers to income from the Premier League, not profits.

Yes - should be projected income
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 19:01]

Poll: W or W

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 19:02 - Dec 8 with 1069 viewsReuser_is_God

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:02 - Dec 8 by Herbivore

I don't think their game plan was ever to stay up. I know that sounds odd but they barely strengthened and I don't think they really expected to go up last season. They'll go down, lose one or two for decent money, then use those funds plus parachute payments to come back stronger.

That sporting director bloke whatever he is said exactly that when they were on Sky the other week against Watford.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 19:27 - Dec 8 with 1042 viewssuffolkpoker

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:37 - Dec 8 by Dennyx4

The best bit is if they only stay in the premier league for 1 year, they only get parachute payments for 1 year and not 3.

They are taking very big risks

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Login to get fewer ads

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 19:36 - Dec 8 with 1029 viewsgainsboroughblue

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 19:27 - Dec 8 by suffolkpoker

The best bit is if they only stay in the premier league for 1 year, they only get parachute payments for 1 year and not 3.

Quite. But Norwich seem to be one of those clubs that just fall on their feet when they need it.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 19:57 - Dec 8 with 1000 viewsParisBlue

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 19:36 - Dec 8 by gainsboroughblue

Quite. But Norwich seem to be one of those clubs that just fall on their feet when they need it.

Let's just concentrate on making sure we are playing them next season...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 20:07 - Dec 8 with 986 viewsSwansea_Blue

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 18:19 - Dec 8 by Herbivore

Player amortisation I suspect - it's standard practice to smear their value over the length of their contracts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 21:00 - Dec 8 with 937 viewssundaze

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 19:27 - Dec 8 by suffolkpoker

They will get payments for two years if they are relegated after only one season. 55% of an equally shared element of premier league broadcasting rights next season and 45% the following season
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 21:02]
That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 21:04 - Dec 8 with 919 viewsPJH

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 19:57 - Dec 8 by ParisBlue

Let's just concentrate on making sure we are playing them next season...

Yes, they are doing their best to make it happen so we must do the same.

Weekends always improve when Naaarwich have lost.
That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 00:51 - Dec 9 with 831 viewsActionMan

They could go down and we'll still not be in the same division as them next season.
That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 01:02 - Dec 9 with 828 viewsgainsboroughblue

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 00:51 - Dec 9 by ActionMan

They could go down and we'll still not be in the same division as them next season.

Demoted two divisions for financial irregularity? That would be hilarious.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 1:09]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 08:14 - Dec 9 with 746 viewsitfcjoe

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 16:02 - Dec 8 by Herbivore

I don't think their game plan was ever to stay up. I know that sounds odd but they barely strengthened and I don't think they really expected to go up last season. They'll go down, lose one or two for decent money, then use those funds plus parachute payments to come back stronger.

One bad season then they get into a muddle, and how many clubs bounce straight back? Just doesn't seem to happen any more

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 08:15 - Dec 9 with 744 viewsHerbivore

That's two terrible defeats for Norwich on 00:51 - Dec 9 by ActionMan

Give it a rest.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024