Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal sack Emery....... 10:24 - Nov 29 with 4845 viewsEly_Blue

Did they do it now so they could get Poch before he goes to Bayern or Utd?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:05 - Nov 29 with 2265 viewsitfcjoe

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 10:55 - Nov 29 by BullardsMagicMullet

Wolves manager 4/5 odds on.

I had the heard the other day he was being looked at, in one of the papers

Would be a decent fit there in their newer structure

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:05 - Nov 29 with 2263 viewsBloomBlue

Wasnt there talk last week about them being interested Santo as Manager? Although not sure he would leave Wolves
Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:06 - Nov 29 with 2262 viewsitfcjoe

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 10:59 - Nov 29 by Ely_Blue

And why would he leave wolves, a team on a high and on the way up, for a team that needs a complete rebuild

Because Wolves ceiling is lower than Arsenal's floor

Come on, it's Wolves and Arsenal!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:11 - Nov 29 with 2246 viewsElderGrizzly

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:06 - Nov 29 by itfcjoe

Because Wolves ceiling is lower than Arsenal's floor

Come on, it's Wolves and Arsenal!

They tried to get Arteta before Emery, so is that an obvious one? Unless Guardiola is grooming him to take over from him at Man City next season?
Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:15 - Nov 29 with 2234 viewsBiGDonnie

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 10:59 - Nov 29 by Ely_Blue

And why would he leave wolves, a team on a high and on the way up, for a team that needs a complete rebuild

More money, better players, bigger club, better stadium, bigger fanbase, better prospects.

I could go on!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:28 - Nov 29 with 2212 viewsBloomBlue

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:15 - Nov 29 by BiGDonnie

More money, better players, bigger club, better stadium, bigger fanbase, better prospects.

I could go on!

Although could easily become another ManU. Give a manager 22 years, many years with no trophies, then give the next manager a year and a bit. What will they give the next manager, 6 months?
Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:29 - Nov 29 with 2213 viewsEly_Blue

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:15 - Nov 29 by BiGDonnie

I could go on!

Ah yes a little bit like Paul Hurst to Ipswich, Jack Ross to Sunderland, Nathan Jones to Stoke, Marco Silva to Everton, David Moyes to Man Utd............... worked out well for all of those in very recent seasons moving from clubs where they had done so well and were basically looked at as being legends

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:34 - Nov 29 with 2202 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

They will have Ljunberg until the end of the season, he will do well then get the job. Fail next season just like Ole Gunnar

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:37 - Nov 29 with 2197 viewsRadlett_blue

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:03 - Nov 29 by MrTown

Freddie Ljungberg until the end of the season and then Erik Ten Hag would be my choice.

I was at the Emirates last night, with an Arsenal season ticket holding friend. He has been hoping Emery goes for a while as he doesn't think he had a clue & when Eintracht upped their game in the 2nd half, there was little response from Arsenal. The "official attendance" was a laughable 49,419 but I don't think there was more than 20k there. My mate thinks they should make Ljungberg caretaker until the end of the season, when you can then make a better choice.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:38 - Nov 29 with 2194 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:03 - Nov 29 by chicoazul

Because he will double and maybe treble his salary.

Not to mention that Arsenal are still a considerably bigger club with vastly more resources

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:41 - Nov 29 with 2186 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:29 - Nov 29 by Ely_Blue

Ah yes a little bit like Paul Hurst to Ipswich, Jack Ross to Sunderland, Nathan Jones to Stoke, Marco Silva to Everton, David Moyes to Man Utd............... worked out well for all of those in very recent seasons moving from clubs where they had done so well and were basically looked at as being legends

Or Brendan Rodgers to Leicester, Pochettino to Spurs, Lampard to Chelsea (so far), etc...

Also - Marco Silva ‘legend’. LOL

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:43 - Nov 29 with 2168 viewsWeWereZombies

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:34 - Nov 29 by TRUE_BLUE123

They will have Ljunberg until the end of the season, he will do well then get the job. Fail next season just like Ole Gunnar

I think it is far too soon to view Solskjær as having failed this season, hopefully Man U have learnt the lesson of Moyes and are prepared to give a manager a couple of seasons at least to rebuild and change management style. They would never have got the success they did under Ferguson if they had not shown a little patience at the start of his time there.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:48 - Nov 29 with 2158 viewsRadlett_blue

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:43 - Nov 29 by WeWereZombies

I think it is far too soon to view Solskjær as having failed this season, hopefully Man U have learnt the lesson of Moyes and are prepared to give a manager a couple of seasons at least to rebuild and change management style. They would never have got the success they did under Ferguson if they had not shown a little patience at the start of his time there.

With the benefit of hindsight, they could hardly have done worse by sticking with Moyes, particularly as he was given nowhere near the transfer budget of his successors. However, I thought Solskjaer was a poor appointment - a caretaker who briefly proved a breath of fresh air, but unlikely to be the man to achieve the necessary rebuild. Football - and especially the big clubs - are now run by impatient money-men.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:55 - Nov 29 with 2150 viewsWeWereZombies

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:48 - Nov 29 by Radlett_blue

With the benefit of hindsight, they could hardly have done worse by sticking with Moyes, particularly as he was given nowhere near the transfer budget of his successors. However, I thought Solskjaer was a poor appointment - a caretaker who briefly proved a breath of fresh air, but unlikely to be the man to achieve the necessary rebuild. Football - and especially the big clubs - are now run by impatient money-men.

I maintain that it is too soon to judge, Man U is a lot about managing the personalities of expensive players (either in terms of what they have paid for them or paying the contracts they are on) and Ferguson was the best in the business at that - an impossible act to follow. So Moyes had an uphill struggle to change the culture (and probably suffered as much from player's agents getting adverse stories run in newspapers as from the players not performing themselves). With a younger squad now there is a different task, it would be a surprise if Man U won a major trophy this year but they look to be building a challenge for future seasons (more so than Arsenal were before even before the sacking).

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:57 - Nov 29 with 2149 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:43 - Nov 29 by WeWereZombies

Maybe not 'failed' by I have never been more confident that a manager will. He is an awful manager, just look at all his previous jobs. It was a ridiculous appointment. They rushed it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:17 - Nov 29 with 2131 viewsEly_Blue

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:41 - Nov 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Or Brendan Rodgers to Leicester, Pochettino to Spurs, Lampard to Chelsea (so far), etc...

Also - Marco Silva ‘legend’. LOL

Is that Brendan Rodgers via Liverpool (remind me how that went), I could also add managers like Martinez to that list, Eddie Howe Bournemouth to Burnley...... more failures than successes that have gone from smaller club where they were overperforming

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:31 - Nov 29 with 2116 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:17 - Nov 29 by Ely_Blue

Is that Brendan Rodgers via Liverpool (remind me how that went), I could also add managers like Martinez to that list, Eddie Howe Bournemouth to Burnley...... more failures than successes that have gone from smaller club where they were overperforming

Brendan Rodgers was successful at Liverpool, they nearly won the league

Martinez was hardly a disgrace at Everton either - and had just been relegated with Wigan when he joined them (a team he would never have been at in the first place had he not left Swansea for them)

Some managers succeed, some fail - but that’s not a reason not to try

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:33 - Nov 29 with 2112 viewswkj

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:17 - Nov 29 by Ely_Blue

I believe the original follow up question you asked was "Why would he choose Arsenal over Wolves", which was mostly answered in terms of resources and stature of the club. However, when you start going down the rabbit hole of comparisons, any manager who chooses to do something based on the performance of others has no right to be a manager at all. So really the comparison to other managers and their performances to why would he jump ship from Wolves doesn't make any sense from a decision making perspective.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:34 - Nov 29 with 2107 viewsEly_Blue

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:31 - Nov 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Brendan Rodgers was successful at Liverpool, they nearly won the league

Martinez was hardly a disgrace at Everton either - and had just been relegated with Wigan when he joined them (a team he would never have been at in the first place had he not left Swansea for them)

Some managers succeed, some fail - but that’s not a reason not to try

No that is true but it’s good enough reason to think that it’s not always better to leave your loving wife who you have a fantastic relationship with for an unstable supermodel who will promise you everything and dump you within 3 months!

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:40 - Nov 29 with 2094 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:34 - Nov 29 by Ely_Blue

No that is true but it’s good enough reason to think that it’s not always better to leave your loving wife who you have a fantastic relationship with for an unstable supermodel who will promise you everything and dump you within 3 months!

Yes, because managing a football club is exactly like marriage...

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:43 - Nov 29 with 2092 viewswkj

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:40 - Nov 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, because managing a football club is exactly like marriage...

That explains why Paul Jewel hung the hat on his office door when reviewing the DVD of the match played the previous day.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 12:56 - Nov 29 with 2077 viewsstrikalite

If Eddie Howe had an Argentinean surname he'd have a chance...
Arsenal sack Emery....... on 13:12 - Nov 29 with 2058 viewsGarv

Arsenal sack Emery....... on 11:48 - Nov 29 by Radlett_blue

I was and still am shocked they dumped Moyes having basically declared him the chosen one after Fergie.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024