Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press 14:56 - Nov 28 with 7985 viewsBrixtonBlue

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/27/jeremy-corbyn-dodges-tv-debates-

The headline: Jeremy Corbyn dodges TV debates after disastrous Andrew Neil interview.

Further down the article itself: Sky sources confirmed they had called off the programme after both Boris Johnson and Mr Corbyn declined to take part... Mr Corbyn will instead appear in a Channel 4 debate on climate change this evening.

Unbelievable. How are they allowed to get away with this?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 22:27 - Nov 28 with 1560 viewsBackToRussia

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 21:21 - Nov 28 by bazgammon

this board has become the exclusive voice of the left. pathetic, so many good posters driven away by overt bias. sad.

Which good posters would those be then?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 22:35 - Nov 28 with 1548 viewslegally_blue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 20:22 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

I think there is a big difference between the Guardian, which is left leaning, knows it's audience and mainly goes with stories that reflect all of the aforementioned and papers like the Telegraph and the Mail which have basically become the Tory party's version of Pravda.

Oh, I would absolutely agree with that, but The Guardian is far from an impartial news source. In my area of work, they have published some absolute falsehoods based on completely one-sided, biased reporting without giving any sense of balance. Very frustrating to read such sloppy journalism.

I personally think The FT, New York Times and the BBC generally do a good job of impartial journalism.
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 22:45 - Nov 28 with 1523 viewsjaykay

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 21:21 - Nov 28 by bazgammon

this board has become the exclusive voice of the left. pathetic, so many good posters driven away by overt bias. sad.

lol . fake news. which good posters, can you name them
so the board has changed to the left, since you first posted in aug
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 22:49]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 22:48 - Nov 28 with 1531 viewsEwan_Oozami

I'm afraid we're used to a much better level of trolling than this, not much better admittedly, but definitely better...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:10 - Nov 29 with 1485 viewsGlasgowBlue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 20:30 - Nov 28 by BLUEGOLD

At last something I can agree with you about.

Although by not supporting labour you happy to put Johnson into number 10

Whatever you think of Corbyn he is a million times better than that lying toad.

So anyone who votes LibDem, SNP, Green, Plaid etc is happy to put a Johnson in number 10? Why not just ban all other political parties and anoint Corbyn as leader for life?

I see Emily Benn is on the receiving end of the kinder gentler politics for daring nit to vote Labour.

There seems to be a nastiness in our politics these days that doesn’t allow people to have different political views. If you are against the dear leader then you are enabling the murder of the poor and must be a fascist.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 7:23]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:29 - Nov 29 with 1476 viewsBackToRussia

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:10 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

So anyone who votes LibDem, SNP, Green, Plaid etc is happy to put a Johnson in number 10? Why not just ban all other political parties and anoint Corbyn as leader for life?

I see Emily Benn is on the receiving end of the kinder gentler politics for daring nit to vote Labour.

There seems to be a nastiness in our politics these days that doesn’t allow people to have different political views. If you are against the dear leader then you are enabling the murder of the poor and must be a fascist.

You should really stop reading Twitter replies. It gets you all het up.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:38 - Nov 29 with 1473 viewsGlasgowBlue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:29 - Nov 29 by BackToRussia

You should really stop reading Twitter replies. It gets you all het up.

I’m sitting on the bog having a sh1te. I’m the very opposite “het up”.

Iron Lion Zion

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:41 - Nov 29 with 1466 viewsBackToRussia

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:38 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

I’m sitting on the bog having a sh1te. I’m the very opposite “het up”.

That's one way to describe your posts.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Login to get fewer ads

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:49 - Nov 29 with 1458 viewsGlasgowBlue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:41 - Nov 29 by BackToRussia

That's one way to describe your posts.

So that’s two replies where yiou have avoided replying to the content of my post.

Iron Lion Zion

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:53 - Nov 29 with 1452 viewsDubtractor

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:10 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

Not sure it's about a nastiness in politics, more about the freedom to be a massive chopper on social media without the fear of reprisals.

Reading the comments on any political thread on twitter is just a depressing experience.

For the avoidance of doubt, the comments you've highlighted are disgusting. But typical of any political thread on Twitter, sadly.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 7:55]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:53 - Nov 29 with 1450 viewsBackToRussia

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:49 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

So that’s two replies where yiou have avoided replying to the content of my post.

I'm serious, I think you need to stop reading Twitter replies so much. The Internet has always been a cesspit. Maybe it's the older generation discovering all this, but for me, I've seen much worse, right and left. What conclusions can you really draw other than that people are angry, have always been angry, and the Internet is a good outlet for it. Is Jeremy Corbyn supposed to have some sort of responsibility for my Internet output for instance?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:54 - Nov 29 with 1446 viewslowhouseblue

where as in reality if you are for corbyn you are enabling the re-election of this awful tory government.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:54 - Nov 29 with 1445 viewsHerbivore

There's a nastiness from a minority of dickheads and that post is totally unacceptable. Unfortunately, twitter gives these dickheads a platform to say deeply unpleasant things to people. It happens on all sides, sadly, but let's not make out that this is the norm and is how most people speak to each other. It's a particular phenomenon within the twitter bubble. That doesn't remotely make it okay but it's rather crass to use it as a stick to generally beat one 'side' with.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:56 - Nov 29 with 1439 viewsBackToRussia

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:54 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

where as in reality if you are for corbyn you are enabling the re-election of this awful tory government.

How warped have you got it. By supporting the leader of the opposition I support the ruling government? Nice doublethink.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:01 - Nov 29 with 1432 viewslowhouseblue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:56 - Nov 29 by BackToRussia

How warped have you got it. By supporting the leader of the opposition I support the ruling government? Nice doublethink.

oh come on, any credible opposition would be looking at a landslide against this lot. the people who have put corbyn and co in charge of labour look to have guaranteed the re-election of boris. but I guess the extent to which the left have let down the traditional labour voters who desperately need an alternative to boris will only sink in after the result.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:02 - Nov 29 with 1428 viewsHerbivore

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:01 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

oh come on, any credible opposition would be looking at a landslide against this lot. the people who have put corbyn and co in charge of labour look to have guaranteed the re-election of boris. but I guess the extent to which the left have let down the traditional labour voters who desperately need an alternative to boris will only sink in after the result.

Were Milliband's Labour not credible in 2015 either?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:02 - Nov 29 with 1427 viewsGlasgowBlue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:53 - Nov 29 by Dubtractor

Not sure it's about a nastiness in politics, more about the freedom to be a massive chopper on social media without the fear of reprisals.

Reading the comments on any political thread on twitter is just a depressing experience.

For the avoidance of doubt, the comments you've highlighted are disgusting. But typical of any political thread on Twitter, sadly.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 7:55]

If we class this place as social media then there is a prime example of what I’m talking about in this thread.

I write a post defending the guardian and accusing the Torygraph and the Mail of being unofficial mouthpieces for Boris Johnson and I get a reply which basically says that because I oppose a man who has been the biggest enabler of racism that has the potential to affect my family I must be in favour of Boris Johnson being Prime Minister.

Your either fir a Jezza or you are for austerity and food banks . No alternative views allowed.

Iron Lion Zion

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:04 - Nov 29 with 1418 viewslowhouseblue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:02 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

Were Milliband's Labour not credible in 2015 either?

the circumstances in which the 2015 election took place were very different. there was still a belief that austerity was needed and still the blame for that was seen as laying with labour. in comparison 2019 should be an open goal for the opposition.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:06 - Nov 29 with 1411 viewsDubtractor

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:02 - Nov 29 by GlasgowBlue

If we class this place as social media then there is a prime example of what I’m talking about in this thread.

I write a post defending the guardian and accusing the Torygraph and the Mail of being unofficial mouthpieces for Boris Johnson and I get a reply which basically says that because I oppose a man who has been the biggest enabler of racism that has the potential to affect my family I must be in favour of Boris Johnson being Prime Minister.

Your either fir a Jezza or you are for austerity and food banks . No alternative views allowed.

I see where you're coming from to a point, but it is a stretch to conflate a politely worded jab about your voting habits, with a twitter post telling someone it's a good job their granddad is dead.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:07 - Nov 29 with 1410 viewsHerbivore

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:04 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

the circumstances in which the 2015 election took place were very different. there was still a belief that austerity was needed and still the blame for that was seen as laying with labour. in comparison 2019 should be an open goal for the opposition.

The circumstances in 2019 are different, the Tories are no longer pitching austerity as they were in 2015. Let's be honest, in 2015 we'd already had 5 years of an awful Tory Party gleefully pushing austerity. A credible opposition, one led by a man capable of elegantly eating a bacon sandwich, ought to have walked it.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:09 - Nov 29 with 1406 viewsBackToRussia

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:01 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

Yeah I'm sure you'll be heartbroken if Corbyn doesn't get elected.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:10 - Nov 29 with 1400 viewsGlasgowBlue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:06 - Nov 29 by Dubtractor

I see where you're coming from to a point, but it is a stretch to conflate a politely worded jab about your voting habits, with a twitter post telling someone it's a good job their granddad is dead.

I think it’s one if a member if examples if “you’re either with us or you’re the enemy”.

See also the language used by the extreme end if leave voters. There is no room fir the centre ground.

Iron Lion Zion

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:11 - Nov 29 with 1400 viewslowhouseblue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:09 - Nov 29 by BackToRussia

Yeah I'm sure you'll be heartbroken if Corbyn doesn't get elected.

i'll be heartbroken when boris gets re-elected if that helps.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:55 - Nov 29 with 1337 viewsitfcjoe

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 07:54 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

There's a nastiness from a minority of dickheads and that post is totally unacceptable. Unfortunately, twitter gives these dickheads a platform to say deeply unpleasant things to people. It happens on all sides, sadly, but let's not make out that this is the norm and is how most people speak to each other. It's a particular phenomenon within the twitter bubble. That doesn't remotely make it okay but it's rather crass to use it as a stick to generally beat one 'side' with.

#NeverCorbyn

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:56 - Nov 29 with 1334 viewsBackToRussia

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 08:11 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

i'll be heartbroken when boris gets re-elected if that helps.

May I suggest voting Labour then, the only party that can actually stop that.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024