Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press 14:56 - Nov 28 with 7984 viewsBrixtonBlue

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/27/jeremy-corbyn-dodges-tv-debates-

The headline: Jeremy Corbyn dodges TV debates after disastrous Andrew Neil interview.

Further down the article itself: Sky sources confirmed they had called off the programme after both Boris Johnson and Mr Corbyn declined to take part... Mr Corbyn will instead appear in a Channel 4 debate on climate change this evening.

Unbelievable. How are they allowed to get away with this?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 13:59 - Nov 29 with 648 viewslowhouseblue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 13:56 - Nov 29 by BrixtonBlue

You mentioned people on TWTD, such as myself. I didn't take over the Labour Party.

sorry, true. you can only claim the reflected glory.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:03 - Nov 29 with 639 viewsDarth_Koont

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 13:55 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

excuses, excuses - save them for 13th December.

you can't blame corbyn's failure on the people who don't support him. a politician who people don't support is like a broken pencil - pointless.

I never expected you to see any conflict here.

As far as I can see you don’t actually stand for anything so it’s all the same.

Pronouns: He/Him

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:04 - Nov 29 with 637 viewsHerbivore

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 13:53 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

again you're confused. my issue has never been with labour voters - it is with the people who have taken over and crashed the labour party with the result that there are now far fewer labour voters.

3.5m more people voted Labour in 2017 compared with 2015. How does that equate to far fewer voters?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:04 - Nov 29 with 637 viewslowhouseblue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 13:30 - Nov 29 by Darth_Koont

I think Milliband was far too left-wing for Lowers.

He wants the days of Establishment-approved centrism back. When it was all a jolly game of spinning and branding to score points ... I mean get votes.

you mean when there was a labour government which carried out major social reform and carried out a root and branch renewal of public services and took spending on health and education to unprecedent levels - in fact to the levels that you now measure the current government's failure against? you know, when you bemoan the 1% real growth in health spending under the tories - who you are about to re-elect - and compare it to the previous government where health spending rose in real terms by 6% a year - that government.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:05 - Nov 29 with 633 viewslowhouseblue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:04 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

3.5m more people voted Labour in 2017 compared with 2015. How does that equate to far fewer voters?

well let's do the final totting up on 13th december.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:07 - Nov 29 with 620 viewsHerbivore

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:05 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

well let's do the final totting up on 13th december.

Or you could deal with the facts maybe? I know it's uncomfortable for you that Corbyn's Labour got 3.5m more votes than Milliband's Labour, but you can't just ignore that and bang on about Labour having far fewer voters.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:11 - Nov 29 with 613 viewsDarth_Koont

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:04 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

you mean when there was a labour government which carried out major social reform and carried out a root and branch renewal of public services and took spending on health and education to unprecedent levels - in fact to the levels that you now measure the current government's failure against? you know, when you bemoan the 1% real growth in health spending under the tories - who you are about to re-elect - and compare it to the previous government where health spending rose in real terms by 6% a year - that government.

It’s all relative to the Conservatives who generally ran public services down. So better but still not enough effort and investment to stop increasing economic, political, social and geographical divisions even during their time in power.

That’s why they lost Scotland and gave Brexiteers a free run at the disadvantaged and disenfranchised in England.

Perhaps if you’d learnt anything from that you wouldn’t be missing the point now?

Pronouns: He/Him

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:12 - Nov 29 with 609 viewslowhouseblue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:07 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

Or you could deal with the facts maybe? I know it's uncomfortable for you that Corbyn's Labour got 3.5m more votes than Milliband's Labour, but you can't just ignore that and bang on about Labour having far fewer voters.

he didn't win in 2017 - the tories did. he was up against may who ran the worst campaign in history. any half decent opposition would win against boris so let's see how he does. no point refighting the 2017 election while we're still busy re-fighting the 1983 election.

Login to get fewer ads

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:19 - Nov 29 with 594 viewsHerbivore

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:12 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

he didn't win in 2017 - the tories did. he was up against may who ran the worst campaign in history. any half decent opposition would win against boris so let's see how he does. no point refighting the 2017 election while we're still busy re-fighting the 1983 election.

Okay, I see now you're not interested in having a sensible and grown up discussion about this. I get the sense you're actually hoping for a Tory majority so you can gloat, which is a real shame as it'll be a disaster for normal working people and the vast majority of Labour supporters.

I really think you should re-read that post to Dolly that I quoted. If you can allow yourself the space to reflect on it you'll see how clearly it applies to you. What was the phrase? A self-indulgent Tory enabler? Sounds about right from where I'm sitting.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:27 - Nov 29 with 582 viewslowhouseblue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:19 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

Okay, I see now you're not interested in having a sensible and grown up discussion about this. I get the sense you're actually hoping for a Tory majority so you can gloat, which is a real shame as it'll be a disaster for normal working people and the vast majority of Labour supporters.

I really think you should re-read that post to Dolly that I quoted. If you can allow yourself the space to reflect on it you'll see how clearly it applies to you. What was the phrase? A self-indulgent Tory enabler? Sounds about right from where I'm sitting.

i have one vote. i think corbyn and the tories are equally bad but in different ways. i won't vote for either of them. there is nothing i am doing which is contributing to a tory victory. the people we should all be angry with are those who took over and crashed the labour party.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:29 - Nov 29 with 579 viewsHerbivore

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:27 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

i have one vote. i think corbyn and the tories are equally bad but in different ways. i won't vote for either of them. there is nothing i am doing which is contributing to a tory victory. the people we should all be angry with are those who took over and crashed the labour party.

Yeah, you've said that. I've also said my piece so let's both move on with our days.

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:35 - Nov 29 with 576 viewsvapour_trail

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:19 - Nov 29 by Herbivore

He hasn’t had a bad word to say about the tories for years. He’s more than an enabler regardless of what he says.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:38 - Nov 29 with 563 viewsBrixtonBlue

More disgraceful journalism from our right wing press on 14:27 - Nov 29 by lowhouseblue

By not voting for their nearest challengers you're contributing to a Tory victory.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024