Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, the NHS is up for sale 11:20 - Nov 27 with 8396 viewsHARRY10

Which has a certain irony to it, as the very folk voting folk for it....elderly Tory voters are the very ones who will suffer through rising drugs costs.

And with the numbers on non UK medical and care staff leaving the UK that particular problem is only going to worsen.

Cynics might suggest this is merely a ploy by the Tories to cut the costs by wthdrawing care and treatment for the elderly. Hard faced gits might add that they will have brought it upon themselves.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50572454

So, the NHS is up for sale on 17:17 - Nov 27 with 1855 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So, the NHS is up for sale on 17:08 - Nov 27 by jaykay

trump has said n.h.s should be on the table at 1.22

Yes, that’s exactly what I said and what we already knew

That doesn’t mean that it is or isn’t up for sale though
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 6:38]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So, the NHS is up for sale on 21:18 - Nov 27 with 1824 viewsSwansea_Blue

So, the NHS is up for sale on 13:10 - Nov 27 by BlueBadger

The 2012 Heath and Social Care act essentially obliges all services to be put to tender, so, yes.

I guess this lass sums up the feeling of many of your colleagues lol

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, the NHS is up for sale on 00:40 - Nov 28 with 1776 viewsTractorWood

The NHS has an annual budget similar to the GDP of Kazakhstan. It's not surprising people want at it. The US approach to talks seems to be only focussed on money.

I don't think this feels like proof it's up for sale but it does feel like discussing patents is a pretty specific line of enquiry for nebulous talks.

Another instance of misinformation from most directions in UK politics. No wonder people just believe headlines. At least they are conclusive.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 0:41]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So, the NHS is up for sale on 09:31 - Nov 28 with 1729 viewsElephantintheRoom

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:22 - Nov 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

...so the BBC hasnt analysed the dossier.

....I assume you have?

Suspect that the headline is misleading.

Everything and anything is up for sale - and always has been...

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/scandal-as-nhs-plasma-supplies-sold-of

even nursing and doctor employment has been sold off with so much 'recruitment' now in the hands of expensive to use employment agencies - its one of the key reasons that staff leave so frequently..... apart from the fact their salaries have been devalued along with sterling.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So, the NHS is up for sale on 10:44 - Nov 28 with 1709 viewscaught-in-limbo

So, the NHS is up for sale on 09:31 - Nov 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Everything and anything is up for sale - and always has been...

https://tompride.wordpress.com/2017/05/01/scandal-as-nhs-plasma-supplies-sold-of

even nursing and doctor employment has been sold off with so much 'recruitment' now in the hands of expensive to use employment agencies - its one of the key reasons that staff leave so frequently..... apart from the fact their salaries have been devalued along with sterling.

This.

And what Badger said:
So, the NHS is up for sale by BlueBadger 27 Nov 2019 13:10
The 2012 Heath and Social Care act essentially obliges all services to be put to tender, so, yes.

The truth is that the NHS isn't up for sale in the sense that a house is usually up for sale.

Brexit or not, we are losing the NHS as it was, brick by brick. That way, it's plausibly deniable to say that "the NHS is up for sale" as a single entity.

When there are a few remaining NHS bricks left, some of us will look book wistfully and say "the NHS has been sold off" and the reply will be "There hasn't been a real NHS for decades, it was too costly to run and market forces stepped in to save it."

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:00 - Nov 28 with 1704 viewsHARRY10

So, the NHS is up for sale on 10:44 - Nov 28 by caught-in-limbo

This.

And what Badger said:

The truth is that the NHS isn't up for sale in the sense that a house is usually up for sale.

Brexit or not, we are losing the NHS as it was, brick by brick. That way, it's plausibly deniable to say that "the NHS is up for sale" as a single entity.

When there are a few remaining NHS bricks left, some of us will look book wistfully and say "the NHS has been sold off" and the reply will be "There hasn't been a real NHS for decades, it was too costly to run and market forces stepped in to save it."

"it was too costly to run and market forces stepped in to save it."

that is priceless !

So what would determine access to treatment...market forces ?

Dear god, it is hard to know where to start with that idiocy. But I will put an obvious point up.

No one is objecting if a private supplier can deliver the same goods or services at a lower cost.

Otherwise you end up with nonsense that has been forced onto the BBC where one dept cannot borrow a CD from another, it has to be invoiced and paid for which has led to a massive increase n beaurocracy and endless whining fro the 'roght' about the cost of the BBC.

It can be seen in the absurdity of privatised rail, which are now owned by German, Dutch, French and Dutch state owned companise.... but receive higher subsidies that before they were privatised !

Some things have a greater good that a balance sheet, that maybe why so much of the US infrastructure is falling apart and it's health provision is almost third world.
So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:04 - Nov 28 with 1692 viewscaught-in-limbo

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:00 - Nov 28 by HARRY10

"it was too costly to run and market forces stepped in to save it."

that is priceless !

So what would determine access to treatment...market forces ?

Dear god, it is hard to know where to start with that idiocy. But I will put an obvious point up.

No one is objecting if a private supplier can deliver the same goods or services at a lower cost.

Otherwise you end up with nonsense that has been forced onto the BBC where one dept cannot borrow a CD from another, it has to be invoiced and paid for which has led to a massive increase n beaurocracy and endless whining fro the 'roght' about the cost of the BBC.

It can be seen in the absurdity of privatised rail, which are now owned by German, Dutch, French and Dutch state owned companise.... but receive higher subsidies that before they were privatised !

Some things have a greater good that a balance sheet, that maybe why so much of the US infrastructure is falling apart and it's health provision is almost third world.

Please understand, that is not what I believe.

I'm simply saying what will be said by those who allowed it to be sold off.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 15:48]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:17 - Nov 28 with 1682 viewsHARRY10

So, the NHS is up for sale on 11:04 - Nov 28 by caught-in-limbo

Please understand, that is not what I believe.

I'm simply saying what will be said by those who allowed it to be sold off.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 15:48]

my mumblest apologies, mr limbo chap
Login to get fewer ads

or corbyn is fibbing on 12:05 - Nov 28 with 1661 viewshampstead_blue

or corbyn is fibbing on 11:23 - Nov 27 by lowhouseblue

https://order-order.com/2019/11/27/corbyns-redacted-negotiation-documents-dont-m

Oh Jeremy Corbyn........

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

or corbyn is fibbing on 15:01 - Nov 28 with 1634 viewsHARRY10

or corbyn is fibbing on 12:05 - Nov 28 by hampstead_blue

Oh Jeremy Corbyn........

fatty liar at it again

So, the NHS is up for sale on 02:47 - Nov 30 with 1604 viewsBlueBadger

So, the NHS is up for sale on 21:18 - Nov 27 by Swansea_Blue

I guess this lass sums up the feeling of many of your colleagues lol

NEVER f*ck with a pissed off nursing assistant. I'd honest rather call my chief exec a c*nt than ask a halfway competent NA why she(and it's invariably a 'she') why they were 5 minutes late recording observations.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:13 - Dec 3 with 1530 viewsHARRY10

So, the NHS is up for sale on 02:47 - Nov 30 by BlueBadger

NEVER f*ck with a pissed off nursing assistant. I'd honest rather call my chief exec a c*nt than ask a halfway competent NA why she(and it's invariably a 'she') why they were 5 minutes late recording observations.

Unsurprisingly 'fatboy's' guff about nurses is not what he tried to make out.

"A leaked NHS document reveals that plans to grow the number of nurses rely on using 10,000 cheaper and less qualified staff.

Even then, the health service will still be more than 20,000 nurses short of what is needed in five years’ time, according to the file seen by the Health Service Journal and The Independent, for the as yet unpublished NHS People Plan."

As to the denials mn here by the rightwing nutjobs about more expensive drugs.

"Dominic Raab has admitted the US will be able to ramp up the cost of drugs bought by the NHS after Brexit"
So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:20 - Dec 3 with 1516 viewsfooters

I reckon we can trust Trump. His word is his bond.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:33 - Dec 3 with 1491 viewsSwansea_Blue

So, the NHS is up for sale on 10:44 - Nov 28 by caught-in-limbo

This.

And what Badger said:

Superb summary.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:43 - Dec 3 with 1470 viewsHARRY10

So, the NHS is up for sale on 12:20 - Dec 3 by footers

I reckon we can trust Trump. His word is his bond.

Unfortunately one or two unkindly souls are apt to view his 'forgetfulness' as blantant lying. As can be seen here

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-uk-visit-prince-andrew-epstein-photos-9230

"I don't know Prince Andrew, but that's a tough story, it's a very tough story, I don't know."

Which we should accept as his word - not try to cause mischief by putting up photos of Mr Trump meeting Mr Windsor, and talking with him.

That sort of stuff never ends well, as our honest Mr Johnson can vouch for.

[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 12:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024