Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nothing to see here 07:32 - Nov 26 with 35941 viewshampstead_blue

If, and if, JC was doing the right thing by the Jewish people in the Labour party, why would this venerable chap say this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50552068

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Nothing to see here on 11:25 - Nov 27 with 3128 viewsDarth_Koont

Nothing to see here on 11:22 - Nov 27 by caught-in-limbo

The top political commentators are actually very sharp. The BBC needs people of the highest calibre to do what they do. It's why they get paid so well. No one at the BBC has an agenda other than to keep our politicians honest and our democracy strong.

Very good.

Pronouns: He/Him

Nothing to see here on 11:28 - Nov 27 with 3122 viewsRyorry

Nothing to see here on 11:07 - Nov 27 by Darth_Koont

Gmpf.

I hope you tell that to Lowers while you're off on one.

Thanks for the second confirmation, though I'm actually a bit sorry to see you embarrassing yourself thus.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Nothing to see here on 11:31 - Nov 27 with 3116 viewscaught-in-limbo

Nothing to see here on 11:25 - Nov 27 by Darth_Koont

Very good.

I've had no LSD today, so in effect what I wrote are your own words.

Election result prediction by Darth_Koont 22 Nov 2019 17:11
You are me on LSD.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Nothing to see here on 11:41 - Nov 27 with 3099 viewsDarth_Koont

Nothing to see here on 11:28 - Nov 27 by Ryorry

Thanks for the second confirmation, though I'm actually a bit sorry to see you embarrassing yourself thus.

I'll take that as a No then.

Nothing to see here on 11:45 - Nov 27 with 3095 viewsDarth_Koont

Nothing to see here on 11:31 - Nov 27 by caught-in-limbo

I've had no LSD today, so in effect what I wrote are your own words.

Election result prediction by Darth_Koont 22 Nov 2019 17:11
You are me on LSD.

Not before the sun is over the yardarm, eh?

Nothing to see here on 11:56 - Nov 27 with 3080 viewsZedRodgers

Nothing to see here on 10:50 - Nov 27 by GlasgowBlue

1. Whatabouttery. Johnson has made plenty of racist remarks. I've condemned each one of them. What does that have to do with Corbyn's failure to apologise.

2. He's never apologised for his own actions, his own words, he's never taken responsibility for them, he's made excuses for them all.

Fra too many instances to list but include: agreeing with caller on the Press TV that the BBC are "Zionist liars", his "British irony" comment, blaming of Raed Salah's deportation on the "Zionist lobby", Steven Sizer, Paul Eisen etc.

Never taken responsibility/apologised for any of it.

If the top of your list of things Corbyn should personally apologise for is thanking somebody for their call in 2010, then your absence of sincerity on this issue is simply undeniable.

He did not 'agree' with the caller that the BBC are Zionist liars. He politely thanked them for their call, which was likely more of a prompt for the production team to move on to a new caller.

CST, BoD etc. famously lobbied for Salah's unjust arrest and potential deportation. He thinks CST etc. were wrong to put pressure on our government to arrest a legitimate Palestinian leader. You probably think they were right to do so. He wasn't deported in the end anyway, so how can there be blame for deportation anyway? You don't seem to have a full understanding of what happened here. The High Court ruled that it was a 'wrongful detention' a few months later and Salah was paid damages. I'm sure a lot of people would agree that the only apology here should come from the Home Office.

Read about the 'Zionist lobbying' vs Salah here: https://electronicintifada.net/content/revealed-uk-government-plotted-israel-lob

More distortion = less credibility.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 12:03]

No, not at the moment

Nothing to see here on 12:30 - Nov 27 with 3053 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nothing to see here on 11:56 - Nov 27 by ZedRodgers

If the top of your list of things Corbyn should personally apologise for is thanking somebody for their call in 2010, then your absence of sincerity on this issue is simply undeniable.

He did not 'agree' with the caller that the BBC are Zionist liars. He politely thanked them for their call, which was likely more of a prompt for the production team to move on to a new caller.

CST, BoD etc. famously lobbied for Salah's unjust arrest and potential deportation. He thinks CST etc. were wrong to put pressure on our government to arrest a legitimate Palestinian leader. You probably think they were right to do so. He wasn't deported in the end anyway, so how can there be blame for deportation anyway? You don't seem to have a full understanding of what happened here. The High Court ruled that it was a 'wrongful detention' a few months later and Salah was paid damages. I'm sure a lot of people would agree that the only apology here should come from the Home Office.

Read about the 'Zionist lobbying' vs Salah here: https://electronicintifada.net/content/revealed-uk-government-plotted-israel-lob

More distortion = less credibility.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 12:03]

Hmmmmm. Corbyn’s support for Salah hasn’t aged well.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Northern-Islamic-movement-leader-Raed-Salah-co

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Nothing to see here on 13:26 - Nov 27 with 3025 viewsZedRodgers

Nothing to see here on 12:30 - Nov 27 by GlasgowBlue

Hmmmmm. Corbyn’s support for Salah hasn’t aged well.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Northern-Islamic-movement-leader-Raed-Salah-co

That’s quite some depth you’ve reached in the hole you’re digging.

Are you now suggesting Corbyn should apologise for failing to predict the future?

Regardless of any insensitive comments made by Salah in the past, the point here is that Corbyn protested Salah’s arrest and potential deportation. This was vindicated by the High Court’s decision. Therefore, no apology can be due from Corbyn for his actions, but yet you demand one.

Are you going to admit you were wrong?
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 14:15]

No, not at the moment

Login to get fewer ads

Nothing to see here on 13:49 - Nov 27 with 3007 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing to see here on 10:50 - Nov 27 by GlasgowBlue

1. Whatabouttery. Johnson has made plenty of racist remarks. I've condemned each one of them. What does that have to do with Corbyn's failure to apologise.

2. He's never apologised for his own actions, his own words, he's never taken responsibility for them, he's made excuses for them all.

Fra too many instances to list but include: agreeing with caller on the Press TV that the BBC are "Zionist liars", his "British irony" comment, blaming of Raed Salah's deportation on the "Zionist lobby", Steven Sizer, Paul Eisen etc.

Never taken responsibility/apologised for any of it.

1. We're not talking about you condemning racist remarks, we're talking about politicians not apologising for them in a TV debate. Boris was asked to apologise on the Question Time debate and didn't - you said nothing about it. Corbyn refuses to apologise on TV and you're up in arms. Double standards.

2. This is a blatant lie that looks even more silly when Zed has literally posted countless examples of Corbyn apologising in this very thread. I can only assume you have him on ignore, but I suggest you take him off because you're embarrassing yourself.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nothing to see here on 14:03 - Nov 27 with 2995 viewsphillymark

Nothing to see here on 08:05 - Nov 26 by BrixtonBlue

We know and accept anti-semitism hasn't been dealt with swiftly enough by the Labour Party. He hasn't said anything new here.

Further, Labour have announced a "race and faith manifesto" as detailed at the end of the article, so they are attempting to address ALL racism.

We also have to remember this story is one person's view. The views of several individual Jews who have stated they don't feel worried under Corbyn have been posted on here and dismissed because it's only one person, so I don't see why this chap is any different.

Labour do at least appear to be trying to sort out their mess (and I appreciate this hasn't been anywhere near quickly or thoroughly enough) but the alternative is a Tory Party that just lies non-stop, about everything, and doesn't seem to care.

Isn't saying you are going to address "all racism" and not mention the problem of antisemitism specifically when it is clear that it is a problem in your party the equivalent of those who retort the Black Lives Matter movement with the slogan "all lives matter"?
Nothing to see here on 14:22 - Nov 27 with 2978 viewsZedRodgers

Nothing to see here on 14:03 - Nov 27 by phillymark

Isn't saying you are going to address "all racism" and not mention the problem of antisemitism specifically when it is clear that it is a problem in your party the equivalent of those who retort the Black Lives Matter movement with the slogan "all lives matter"?

Not really IMO.

'All lives matter' suggested that the black community in America didn't have cause to protest and that they didn't suffer discrimination disproportionately to white people.

Addressing all racism indicates that only those who actually suffer discrimination should be empowered.

No, not at the moment

Nothing to see here on 15:00 - Nov 27 with 2963 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nothing to see here on 13:26 - Nov 27 by ZedRodgers

Are you now suggesting Corbyn should apologise for failing to predict the future?

Regardless of any insensitive comments made by Salah in the past, the point here is that Corbyn protested Salah’s arrest and potential deportation. This was vindicated by the High Court’s decision. Therefore, no apology can be due from Corbyn for his actions, but yet you demand one.

Lets see what Jezza had to say about Raed Salah’, after he had been accused of spreading the Blood Libel (an old antisemitic conspiracy that Jews use the blood of gentile children to make their bread). This nasty piece of work is a straight-up Jew hater.

Corbyn said in 2012, ‘Salah is far from a dangerous man’, even though Salah was first charged with inciting anti-Jewish racism and violence in January 2008. Do you think that sends out a signal to the anti-Semites that the Labour party is a home for them?

Corbyn said ‘Salah is a very honoured citizen’, even though, as I said a couple of paragraphs up, that Salah was found guilty of spreading the blood libel. Do you think that sends out a signal to the anti-Semites that the Labour party is a home for them?

Corbyn said: ‘Salah represents his people extremely well’, even though after 9/11 Salah wrote “ 4,000 Jews who work every day at the Twin Towers were warned to be absent from their work on September 11, 2001”. Do you think that sends out a signal to the anti-Semites that the Labour party is a home for them?

Corbyn said ‘Salah’s is a voice that must be heard’ even though he has called homosexuality a ‘great crime’. Nice.

Corbyn said ‘I look forward to giving you tea on the terrace because you deserve it!’ Do you honestly believe that someone with those homophobic and anti-Semitic views is worthy of tea on the terrace?

Corbyn’s reply when challenged on what he had said about Salah? “He never said anything anti-Semitic in front of me”

Corbyn must apologise for his associations with antisemites, blood libellers and holocaust denial. He won't though because he knows it would be the end of him.

It's sad, so sad
It's a sad, sad situation
And it's getting more and more absurd.

[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 15:09]

Iron Lion Zion

Nothing to see here on 16:04 - Nov 27 with 2933 viewsZedRodgers

Nothing to see here on 15:00 - Nov 27 by GlasgowBlue

Lets see what Jezza had to say about Raed Salah’, after he had been accused of spreading the Blood Libel (an old antisemitic conspiracy that Jews use the blood of gentile children to make their bread). This nasty piece of work is a straight-up Jew hater.

Corbyn said in 2012, ‘Salah is far from a dangerous man’, even though Salah was first charged with inciting anti-Jewish racism and violence in January 2008. Do you think that sends out a signal to the anti-Semites that the Labour party is a home for them?

Corbyn said ‘Salah is a very honoured citizen’, even though, as I said a couple of paragraphs up, that Salah was found guilty of spreading the blood libel. Do you think that sends out a signal to the anti-Semites that the Labour party is a home for them?

Corbyn said: ‘Salah represents his people extremely well’, even though after 9/11 Salah wrote “ 4,000 Jews who work every day at the Twin Towers were warned to be absent from their work on September 11, 2001”. Do you think that sends out a signal to the anti-Semites that the Labour party is a home for them?

Corbyn said ‘Salah’s is a voice that must be heard’ even though he has called homosexuality a ‘great crime’. Nice.

Corbyn said ‘I look forward to giving you tea on the terrace because you deserve it!’ Do you honestly believe that someone with those homophobic and anti-Semitic views is worthy of tea on the terrace?

Corbyn’s reply when challenged on what he had said about Salah? “He never said anything anti-Semitic in front of me”

Corbyn must apologise for his associations with antisemites, blood libellers and holocaust denial. He won't though because he knows it would be the end of him.

It's sad, so sad
It's a sad, sad situation
And it's getting more and more absurd.

[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 15:09]

Should Mr Justice Ockleton, vice-president of the Upper Immigration Tribunal also apologise for saying "there was no evidence that the danger perceived by the home secretary was shared by any of the other countries Salah visited, least of all by Israel" ? Given that the Upper Immigration Tribunal handles judicial reviews of the Home Office's decisions, does their ruling on Salah make the entire UK a safe space for anti-semites? That seems to be your rationale here.

The problem is that you're trying to hold Corbyn to account for another man's actions, whilst spectacularly failing to deal with the facts.

If you saw somebody being attacked in the street, would you want to scrutinise every single thing that person has said in their life before deciding whether you would help them?

This is from Salah's article in The Guardian following the ruling that the Home Office were wrong to arrest and attempt to deport him:
"After a 10-month legal battle, I have now been cleared on "all grounds" by a senior immigration tribunal judge, who ruled that May's decision to deport me was "entirely unnecessary" and that she had been "misled". The evidence she relied on (which included a poem of mine which had been doctored to make it appear anti-Jewish) was not, he concluded, a fair portrayal of my views. In reality, I reject any and every form of racism, including antisemitism.I have no doubt that, despite this, Israel's cheerleaders in Britain will continue to smear my character. This is the price every Palestinian leader and campaigner is forced to pay."

Would a "straight-up Jew hater" really want to conceal their hatred of Jews?

You started by saying Corbyn hasn't apologised for "blaming the Zionist lobby for Salah's deportation". I've already pointed out that he wasn't deported, another factual error on your part. The main reason the Upper Immigration Tribunal ruled that the Home Office was wrong was that Theresa May based her decision solely on a fabricated and distorted report from the CST. Hence, "Zionist lobby". You can't say this is an antisemitic trope when the highest immigration court in the country referred to the Home Office as being "under a misapprehension as to the facts" for basing their decision on the CST's dossier. The CST openly refer to themselves as 'Zionist' and that 'Zionist' should only be used as a term of endearment. Once again for those at the back, an organisation who refer to themselves as Zionists unlawfully lobby the Home Office for somebody's arrest and GB thinks Corbyn should apologise for acknowledging this.

From Salah's solicitor "I find it wholly inappropriate that the secretary of state should base such an important decision on a narrow single source, such as the Community Security Trust. There should be an investigation into how such a relationship was allowed to exist in the Home Office. There are more important issues than Salah's treatment in Britain. The first is the way the home secretary came to her decision to deport Salah. The court papers show it was done with some speed. Timings of the emails sent and received from the home secretary's private office do not make a good case for the calm, clear deliberation which we all imagine should precede a deportation order from Britain against a high-profile Palestinian"

You have well and truly snookered yourself here. It's a shame Zed doesn't have time to follow you round all day correcting your falsifications.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 16:09]

No, not at the moment

Nothing to see here on 16:20 - Nov 27 with 2917 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing to see here on 13:49 - Nov 27 by BrixtonBlue

1. We're not talking about you condemning racist remarks, we're talking about politicians not apologising for them in a TV debate. Boris was asked to apologise on the Question Time debate and didn't - you said nothing about it. Corbyn refuses to apologise on TV and you're up in arms. Double standards.

2. This is a blatant lie that looks even more silly when Zed has literally posted countless examples of Corbyn apologising in this very thread. I can only assume you have him on ignore, but I suggest you take him off because you're embarrassing yourself.

No response. Another Glasgow Swerve.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Nothing to see here on 16:22 - Nov 27 with 2910 viewsGlasgowBlue

Nothing to see here on 16:20 - Nov 27 by BrixtonBlue

No response. Another Glasgow Swerve.

I disagree with you. I don’t need to reply. Remember a few days ago you did the exact same and said what’s the point.

You’ve only gone and done a Dollers (copyright SB)

Iron Lion Zion

Nothing to see here on 17:16 - Nov 27 with 2868 viewsBrixtonBlue

Nothing to see here on 16:22 - Nov 27 by GlasgowBlue

I disagree with you. I don’t need to reply. Remember a few days ago you did the exact same and said what’s the point.

You’ve only gone and done a Dollers (copyright SB)

How can you possibly disagree with me when I've only posted facts?

1. It's a fact that both leaders were called to apologise on TV. You're up in arms with Corbyn not doing so, but said nothing about Boris refusing.

2. Corbyn has apologised countless times, as per Zed's links in this very thread.

This is proof you can't be debated with. You've been caught bang to rights and the best you can say is "I disagree with you."

Pathetic.

Nothing to see here on 18:51 - Nov 27 with 2832 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Nothing to see here on 13:26 - Nov 27 by ZedRodgers

Lol....is he voting Liberal!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Nothing to see here on 18:56 - Nov 27 with 2819 viewsGaryCooper

Nothing to see here on 10:02 - Nov 27 by caught-in-limbo

Similarly, why would someone be asked to say sorry 4 or 5 times after they've already apologised?

EDIT:

I've not read the thread so your question is possibly not as simplistic as it first appears. If that's the case, please ignore my response.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 10:03]

'Similarly, why would someone be asked to say sorry 4 or 5 times after they've already apologised?'

Is it because we are approaching an election and he should declare to people who do not follow politics as closely as some, that he is sorry for letting anti-Semitism flourish in the party he leads?

Or is it just he is a petulant pr1ck?
Nothing to see here on 19:10 - Nov 27 with 2804 viewsjaykay

Nothing to see here on 17:16 - Nov 27 by BrixtonBlue

How can you possibly disagree with me when I've only posted facts?

1. It's a fact that both leaders were called to apologise on TV. You're up in arms with Corbyn not doing so, but said nothing about Boris refusing.

2. Corbyn has apologised countless times, as per Zed's links in this very thread.

This is proof you can't be debated with. You've been caught bang to rights and the best you can say is "I disagree with you."

Pathetic.

i like the way hes trying very hard to get a catchphrase for you like the glasgow swerve hes stuck with.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024