Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need a centre forward 10:50 - Nov 25 with 5870 viewschicoazul

ASAP. A few people laughed at me for suggesting this a couple weeks ago but it is totally true. Keane bless him clearly can barely run, Norwood is in and out with injury or whatnot, and Jackson as we all know is good in behind but can't hold the ball up. Unless Folami steps up in a big way we are 1 injury away from being in dire straits.
INB4 someone says What about Sears; he is "months" away as of a week or so ago.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We need a centre forward on 14:50 - Nov 25 with 1184 viewsITFC_Forever

We need a centre forward on 14:45 - Nov 25 by GeoffSentence

Roberts

Replace the word "Keane" with "Roberts" from Dub's last sentence.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We need a centre forward on 14:52 - Nov 25 with 1178 viewsGeoffSentence

We need a centre forward on 14:50 - Nov 25 by ITFC_Forever

Replace the word "Keane" with "Roberts" from Dub's last sentence.

I've got it...

Stick Toto up there. He's a big strong lad and his tendency to foul someone in the box wont do so much damage at the other end of the pitch.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We need a centre forward on 14:59 - Nov 25 with 1163 viewsmonty_radio

We need a centre forward on 14:52 - Nov 25 by GeoffSentence

I've got it...

Stick Toto up there. He's a big strong lad and his tendency to foul someone in the box wont do so much damage at the other end of the pitch.

Lambert, being as people say, risk-averse, would be utterly unlikely to do this, but Woolfie has the skill to go with the aerial ability - and Wilson is a capable stand-in at the back.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

We need a centre forward on 19:54 - Nov 25 with 1112 viewsbritbiker

Wouldn't be adverse to us selling four or five fringe players to trim the squad and use the wages saved plus what little those sales make go towards another striker.
We need a centre forward on 20:03 - Nov 25 with 1112 viewsReuser_is_God

Should’ve signed Murphy instead of Keane.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We need a centre forward on 20:43 - Nov 25 with 1100 viewsEly_Blue

We need a centre forward on 20:03 - Nov 25 by Reuser_is_God

Should’ve signed Murphy instead of Keane.

Yeah because at 36 he’s the future innit!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

If we don't get promoted this season.... on 20:55 - Nov 25 with 1086 viewsBloots

We need a centre forward on 20:43 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

...we won't need to worry about the future.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

We need a centre forward on 20:56 - Nov 25 with 1088 viewsReuser_is_God

We need a centre forward on 20:43 - Nov 25 by Ely_Blue

At least he’s capable of getting into the pitch without the assistance of a wheelchair.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

We need a centre forward on 12:32 - Nov 26 with 994 viewsVaughan8

Saw Keane once last season and was mostly awful. Saw him on one of those Facebook u23 games, was awful and then against Lincoln at home, was largely not very good.

It's worrying that he is our 3rd choice. If Jackson gets injured we will be playing him up front on his own.....! I understand he's had injuries but he needs to be up to speed now, and he looks far from it.

Sears is going to be out a lot of the season and surely we would ease him in with a few minutes here and there.

Therefore I conclude unless a youngster is going to bang in a few goals (which I don't think they are - see Colchester in the EFL Trophy - Loads of chances, no goals), then we need a striker. Surprised we haven't tried to get one in on loan to be honest.

EDIT: We have Roberts who has done well in the EFL Trophy. Didn't rate him last season but could probably do a job in this league. Is he injured or just not fancied?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 12:33]
We need a centre forward on 12:44 - Nov 26 with 982 viewsFPL_Tractor

We need a centre forward on 12:32 - Nov 26 by Vaughan8

Saw Keane once last season and was mostly awful. Saw him on one of those Facebook u23 games, was awful and then against Lincoln at home, was largely not very good.

It's worrying that he is our 3rd choice. If Jackson gets injured we will be playing him up front on his own.....! I understand he's had injuries but he needs to be up to speed now, and he looks far from it.

Sears is going to be out a lot of the season and surely we would ease him in with a few minutes here and there.

Therefore I conclude unless a youngster is going to bang in a few goals (which I don't think they are - see Colchester in the EFL Trophy - Loads of chances, no goals), then we need a striker. Surprised we haven't tried to get one in on loan to be honest.

EDIT: We have Roberts who has done well in the EFL Trophy. Didn't rate him last season but could probably do a job in this league. Is he injured or just not fancied?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 12:33]

Roberts has been injured, played 60 minutes for the U23s yesterday in his first game back.

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

We need a centre forward on 12:52 - Nov 26 with 965 viewsstrikalite

Said at the time that Murphy would have been ideal, wouldn't play every week(although proving right now that he's still fit enough to do so)and I think he'd have loved coming back here...5 goals in 5 games for Bolton, say no more...
We need a centre forward on 16:01 - Nov 26 with 933 viewsBigManBlue

Big target man would be useful, it would make going long into a remotely viable tactic.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024