Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First they came for the travellers.... 09:43 - Nov 16 with 7129 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/13/priti-patel-demonisation-g
http://www.andyworthington.co.uk/2019/11/15/first-they-came-for-the-travellers-p

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

First they came for the travellers.... on 21:10 - Nov 16 with 938 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

First they came for the travellers.... on 20:50 - Nov 16 by jeera

It's a real mish-mash in that respect isn't it and seems to be grouping all sorts of different people, referring to Romanis and travellers together.

The piece then goes on to throw New Age types into the mix.

It's not helpful.

... but they would all have their homes confiscated if they dared to travel and park overnight in the 'wrong' place.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

First they came for the travellers.... on 21:16 - Nov 16 with 927 viewsm14_blue

Difficult one this.

Instinctively I want to agree with BDS but I’ve dealt with a lot of Gypsies in a professional capacity and it is pretty much always absolutely horrendous. Anyone who has any romantic notions of ‘Travellers’ should spend an afternoon clearing up your private property after they have moved on.

They (the ones I’ve encountered) have no respect for the law or law enforcers and openly take the piss in a way that would never be tolerated from any other group. Half the time the police are too scared to move them on or arrest, even when they’re flagrantly breaking the law, that can’t be right.

I don’t know what the answer is though.
First they came for the travellers.... on 21:25 - Nov 16 with 912 viewsjeera

First they came for the travellers.... on 21:10 - Nov 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

... but they would all have their homes confiscated if they dared to travel and park overnight in the 'wrong' place.

But it speaks of trespass, rather than common ground.

I'll have a proper read another day - I'm not being deliberately dismissive.

I mean, it's only fair to question the motive of anything that woman comes up with.

I see she's refusing the patriation of children born into ISIS of British parents too, although I don't know who she thinks should take them as Turkey are methodically sending people 'back' to their native countries.

Some on here were trying to explain how this would become a problem months ago.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2019 21:28]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

First they came for the travellers.... on 23:22 - Nov 16 with 859 viewsMelford

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:29 - Nov 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

My personal experience of travellers has only been bad.

A certain number of them do a good job of demonising themselves.

I'm sure there are plenty of very nice travellers, Tyson and Tommy Fury seem like good eggs.

Same here. They came up to the outskirts of Colchester, near where I worked then Marks Tey way, every year in August, the other pub further would only allow people in for meals to keep them out so they would come down to my place and they would rob the place blind, nicking whole joints of meat from the carvery, they tried to take the place over. I've been to some tasty football games and gone into some dodgy pubs but when it was pikey week and they've all come in it was awful, I remember going out the back to get my stuff before I went home and there were a couple in the kitchen nicking stuff out the fridges, we called the police for the 5th or so that time that week. It did bring Colchester together in a way because it was the one time the Townies and the Squaddies teamed up to fight the pikeys.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

First they came for the travellers.... on 09:34 - Nov 17 with 811 viewsGaryCooper

First they came for the travellers.... on 21:10 - Nov 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Why would the Nackers lose their homes in Ireland if they parked their holiday caravans in the wrong place?
First they came for the travellers.... on 09:58 - Nov 17 with 786 viewshampstead_blue

First they came for the travellers.... on 14:57 - Nov 16 by jaykay

so your reasonable context is to introduce jc into the debate

You take a small section of my thought and make that the core point?

These people pay nothing to the state.
They cause huge nuisance to the local population.
Crime rises.
Litter and pollution increase.
They have plenty of money so should pay their way.

The point is that Patel want's to stop this. What is racist about that?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

First they came for the travellers.... on 10:04 - Nov 17 with 771 viewsmrshallisfit

First they came for the travellers.... on 11:36 - Nov 16 by BlueBadger

There's no way I'm giving Priti Patel a hug, I bet up close she smells of free markets and internalised racism.

The only way I'd get close to Priti Patel is with a steel bolt gun.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024