Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"lads are never going to play 60 games" 17:16 - Nov 11 with 5540 viewschicoazul

Jesus H shut up mate. Messi regularly plays 50 games a season, de Ligt played 55 last year, Azpilicueta plays 50 regularly, plenty of the Luton guys played 50+ last season. This is such tiring BS and sounds like getting excuses in early for any possible failure this year.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 22:57 - Nov 11 with 1499 viewsMrTown

Surely he is not wrong though. Whilst it may tiring listening to him repeat himself, he isn’t wrong is he?

We don’t want the lads playing 60 games, after Christmas it is going to be relentless, so it’s important to use this time to rest legs now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 23:12 - Nov 11 with 1491 viewsDinnernotTea

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 22:57 - Nov 11 by MrTown

Surely he is not wrong though. Whilst it may tiring listening to him repeat himself, he isn’t wrong is he?

We don’t want the lads playing 60 games, after Christmas it is going to be relentless, so it’s important to use this time to rest legs now.

After Christmas??? We face 3 games in 6 days in November. We effectively saved 2 games with Bury going under so round 1 & 2 FA Cup should be first XI no questions asked. He had Tuesday to play who the f he wanted. Match sharpness/form goes completely out of the window with 2 or 3 weeks off. No respect to the trophy. No respect to the 11,500 who turned up. I really don't fancy facing Blackpool and Wycombe after such a long lay off.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

(No subject) on 23:27 - Nov 11 with 1484 viewsTerry_Nutkins

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 22:47 - Nov 11 by DinnernotTea

If blokes in their 20s can't play 60 over 10 months then we're in trouble. Lambert better pray none of these players make in as an England international. If they do then 60 will be their minimum per season.

I absolutely hate this modern myth of 'resting' players. Cheap excuses just in case you get knocked out. Lambert lacked balls and respect on Saturday. Simple as that.

Are you being serious? Love how you say 60 games in 10 months is in some way a fiddle to 20+ year olds. 6 games a month for any professional athlete is really going to.take its toll. This isn't a macho, i'm hard, I can just keep playing contest. It's top
level (well nearly) professional sport with proper sports science now. Could a player physically play that many games in 10 months. Yes. Would they maintain peak performance? No absolutely not, that's absurd. Would they risk injury playing that sort of schedule. Yes of course they would. The human body isn't designed for that and the sort of endurance training required for it isn't the right training for footballers who.need more dynamic, power and stop start training.

Not playing 60 games is not 'resting' it's more like common sense but based on actual data not just what you think is ok.

For what's it's worth, I think he made too many changes on Sat. There are pros and cons to his rotation for sure and doesn't NEED to rotate as much. But He has us top so.He is right so far. Still think his plan will be to settle the team more for run in.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 23:29]

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

(No subject) on 23:37 - Nov 11 with 1480 viewsDinnernotTea

(No subject) on 23:27 - Nov 11 by Terry_Nutkins

Are you being serious? Love how you say 60 games in 10 months is in some way a fiddle to 20+ year olds. 6 games a month for any professional athlete is really going to.take its toll. This isn't a macho, i'm hard, I can just keep playing contest. It's top
level (well nearly) professional sport with proper sports science now. Could a player physically play that many games in 10 months. Yes. Would they maintain peak performance? No absolutely not, that's absurd. Would they risk injury playing that sort of schedule. Yes of course they would. The human body isn't designed for that and the sort of endurance training required for it isn't the right training for footballers who.need more dynamic, power and stop start training.

Not playing 60 games is not 'resting' it's more like common sense but based on actual data not just what you think is ok.

For what's it's worth, I think he made too many changes on Sat. There are pros and cons to his rotation for sure and doesn't NEED to rotate as much. But He has us top so.He is right so far. Still think his plan will be to settle the team more for run in.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2019 23:29]

What are you talking about? Absolutely loads of players play that amount. Ironically the most successful players. And anyway there isn't a hope in hell our strongest 11 would play 60, complete bollox from Lambert.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

(No subject) on 06:12 - Nov 12 with 1444 viewsLeoMuff

(No subject) on 23:37 - Nov 11 by DinnernotTea

What are you talking about? Absolutely loads of players play that amount. Ironically the most successful players. And anyway there isn't a hope in hell our strongest 11 would play 60, complete bollox from Lambert.

You sound like a brexiteer, there are people paid to study and known this stuff, maybe we listen to them rather than in 1981 we played 80 games and were fine...

Some players will be fine with 60 some will beak down

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 06:41 - Nov 12 with 1430 viewsKropotkin123

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 18:15 - Nov 11 by ActionMan

George Burley.

Relegated with a budget of f'all with our then worst team on record. We only ever had a small squad, he also had to sell players to improve the squad and still only finished outside the top 6 of any league 3 times one of which wasn't his doing. We would also be competing to our fullest in the league, we got to the Quarter Finals and Semi Finals of League Cup, qualified for the Europa League twice. We even gave the Anglo-Italian Cup a real go and were shocked by Port Vale of all sides. We beat Premier League Champions such as Blackburn and Manchester United and beat them well. Players like Wilnis, Venus, Clapham, Holland, Scowcroft, Wright would play every game. We had players who played internationally for England U21's regularly during that same period. Did they need a rest every other game?

Winning and success is ant attitude as much as anything else, Burley felt this club should be a top team and treated the job with that much respect. We've been in the haze of Evans's make do on the cheap for so long we've lost sense of what a club this once was.

History doesn't remember participants it remembers winners.

It took us half a decade and 3 playoff failures to get out of the division. We often seemed like we had run out of steam against lesser opposition at the point that it mattered the most.

Also, we are winning regularly. We are top of the league with a game in hand.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

(No subject) on 07:05 - Nov 12 with 1419 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I was quite clear in what I'm saying and go and speak to any sports scientist and they'll tell you. Very very few play that amount. Those that do will have their loads monitored still and if you are referring to Ronaldo and Messi that kidnapped and pears again. Most is lots games differ in intensity. They are dominating the matches and possession. Have you ever actually watched Messi? He's incredible but he doesn't cover that much ground in most games etc. There not really an option for our lads but could suggest it to Lambert or history him do his job.

(No subject) on 07:07 - Nov 12 with 1411 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Who are these players? Off the top of my head I’ve just looked up Messi, Ronaldo, Lahm, Busquets and Ramos, and can only find one 60 game season between them...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 07:19 - Nov 12 with 1407 viewsTerry_Nutkins

(No subject) on 07:07 - Nov 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Who are these players? Off the top of my head I’ve just looked up Messi, Ronaldo, Lahm, Busquets and Ramos, and can only find one 60 game season between them...

And just to add there is actual data on this. Messi runs the fewest metres then any other outfield player in his team. A quick comparison I was looking at is he tends to run around 5 miles. Ronaldo just under 6. Then you start moving up Firminho for example 7. You work out the differences as you go up over 40-50 games etc and there is your data!

(No subject) on 07:39 - Nov 12 with 1399 viewsitfcjoe

(No subject) on 07:07 - Nov 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Including international games?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 07:52 - Nov 12 with 1376 viewsJimmyJazz

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 06:41 - Nov 12 by Kropotkin123

It took us half a decade and 3 playoff failures to get out of the division. We often seemed like we had run out of steam against lesser opposition at the point that it mattered the most.

Also, we are winning regularly. We are top of the league with a game in hand.

My recollection of the play-off seasons was that we often started poorly, but really kicked on strongly from Nov onwards. As you say though, running out of steam right at the end.

If GB is not to be regarded as a winner, which I disagree with, then what about SBR? Surely history shows us as a serial bridesmaid during the 70's.

1981. FA Cup 3rd round we beat Villa, come the end of the season we lose in the cup semi final and Villa win the league. Who wouldn't swap a 3rd round exit that season for a League title and UEFA cup double?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 08:08 - Nov 12 with 1363 viewsBluefish

They aren't quite ready for questioning of PR Paul yet especially when it is as direct as this. Go careful

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 08:16 - Nov 12 with 1359 viewschicoazul

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 18:40 - Nov 11 by Reuser_is_God

Chico, do you like Lambert or not? You’ve never made it quite clear.

I do like him yes and I think he is a decent Manager, I just dont subscribe to all the hagiography on here. Any half decent Manager who knows how to put a team out should be able to get us promoted this year and I think part of the reason out team basically relies on individual flair and 3 or 4 key points of difference in games is because we don't have any sort of set pattern or team identity at the moment, in part due to his ongoing rotation.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 08:17 - Nov 12 with 1353 viewschicoazul

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 19:39 - Nov 11 by BloomBlue

And look how that impacts Messi now, got to the business end of the season last year and didnt have the energy to keep up with Liverpool, similar the year before . Never delivers for Argentina at the end of the season. It's called burn out

Yes Messi has never played well in a CL final, for instance.

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 08:29 - Nov 12 with 1337 viewsm14_blue

We should be trying our absolute upmost to win every game and every competition we’re in. That’s the whole point of football, and sport in general. Just because we’re competing with better teams and bigger clubs is no reason to throw the towel in.

‘Simply because we were licked 100 years before we started is no reason for us not to try to win’

Besides which, I think it’s based on a false premise, I don’t see how losing to Lincoln improves our chances of success in the league. Momentum is so important in football and, for the first time in ages, we have it. There is a feel good factor around the place at the moment but it still all feels a bit fragile and another demoralising cup defeat won’t help.

We also have an enormous squad for this level, and a manager who likes to make significant changes every week anyway.
"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 08:30 - Nov 12 with 1335 viewsBluefish

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 08:16 - Nov 12 by chicoazul

I do like him yes and I think he is a decent Manager, I just dont subscribe to all the hagiography on here. Any half decent Manager who knows how to put a team out should be able to get us promoted this year and I think part of the reason out team basically relies on individual flair and 3 or 4 key points of difference in games is because we don't have any sort of set pattern or team identity at the moment, in part due to his ongoing rotation.

Oh great you have gone and done it now. You can't just blow their minds like that and not expect a backlash

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

(No subject) on 09:22 - Nov 12 with 1300 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

(No subject) on 07:39 - Nov 12 by itfcjoe

Including international games?

Ah yes it would help if I included those wouldn’t it?

It is still quite rare though, and I’m not sure saying that because Messi and Ronaldo have done it means Flynn Downes should do it is entirely fair though. And I say that as someone who thinks we should be keeping a relatively settled team with the odd bit of rotation here and there

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 10:17 - Nov 12 with 1276 viewsMaySixth

Who is Jesus H?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 18:11 - Nov 12 with 1197 viewsstrikalite

"lads are never going to play 60 games" on 10:17 - Nov 12 by MaySixth

Who is Jesus H?

God only knows...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024