Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour to retain freedom of movement 11:27 - Nov 7 with 4968 viewsZedRodgers

Regardless of whether or not we leave the EU.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/general-election-2019-jeremy-corbyn-free-movem

That's the ticket.

More briefings from Red Zed to follow. You love to see it.

No, not at the moment

Labour to retain freedom of movement on 16:44 - Nov 7 with 558 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Labour to retain freedom of movement on 16:35 - Nov 7 by hampstead_blue

When the EU wsa launched it was with the intention of an economic trading area.
What it's morphed into is an enlarged state. Effectively members are mere players who get played by Germany and France.

If we can go back to a trading block without everything which has been quietly added on then I'll be there.

The EU as a trading block is powerful and compelling. As it is and will become? No way.

It's grown into something other than it was meant to be which is sad.

Have you just answered your previous comment?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Labour to retain freedom of movement on 16:48 - Nov 7 with 555 viewsStokieBlue

What it's morphed into is an enlarged state. Effectively members are mere players who get played by Germany and France.

If we can go back to a trading block without everything which has been quietly added on then I'll be there.

The EU as a trading block is powerful and compelling. As it is and will become? No way.

That's nonsense.

The UK more than has it's say in the EU, more so than France given our control of our own currency and larger economy.

You're going to have to provide some evidence if you're going to be saying things like that.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Labour to retain freedom of movement on 17:30 - Nov 7 with 535 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm almost certainly not going to vote in this election. I've never bought into this idea that we have to vote or we're somehow being disrespectful. There is no party who I want to vote for; for various reasons.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Labour to retain freedom of movement on 17:39 - Nov 7 with 527 viewsSwansea_Blue

Labour to retain freedom of movement on 16:07 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

The Tories are promising tax cuts as well as increased spending. Hard to see how they square that circle.

Yep. They’ve said they’ll do it through borrowing, Labour via a combination of raising revenue and borrowing. But none of this seems to be in the public discussion.

Now the Greens borrowing pledge - wowzers, that’s on a whole different level.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Labour to retain freedom of movement on 18:04 - Nov 7 with 511 viewsHerbivore

Most of that is tabloid nonsense, buddy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Labour to retain freedom of movement on 18:07 - Nov 7 with 508 viewsHerbivore

Labour to retain freedom of movement on 17:30 - Nov 7 by J2BLUE

I'm almost certainly not going to vote in this election. I've never bought into this idea that we have to vote or we're somehow being disrespectful. There is no party who I want to vote for; for various reasons.

If no party is right for you then you shouldn't vote. Too many people vote for the sake of it, including in the referendum, when they don't really have a strong view and are just plucking an option out of the air.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Labour to retain freedom of movement on 21:56 - Nov 7 with 476 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Labour to retain freedom of movement on 11:30 - Nov 7 by StokieBlue

Interesting.

I'm not sure how that is going to win over voters in leave constituencies though who tend to cite freedom of movement as one of their main issues.

Given Labour also want to remain in a customs union as part of their deal (I assume that's still correct), if they also retain freedom of movement what is the point in leaving at all? Surely it's remain in all but name at that point so it might as well be remain full stop?

SB

Labour are a remain party. 100%. They just don't have the honesty to say it. They are going to get a shock in the North and Midlands.

At least the Lib Dems are open about their contempt for democracy.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024