Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haringey and us 19:46 - Oct 20 with 22377 viewsChateauWines

I have just spoken to Club Secretary.

Driving back from Accrington this afternoon I have considered hard what to do about what I heard on terraces today not for the first time. I've been going to football for over 40 years and dont consider myself a snowflake. I also consider the overwhelming majority of our away supporters amongst the best in the land and am proud to consider myself a Tractor Boy.

However....

After the events in Sofia last week and then disturbingly at Haringey involving Yeovil supporters, a certain song mentioned on another thread on here about one of our own players was sung by a small group of 10 or so several times today. It made myself squirm a little as it did others around me. I considered saying something but chickened out, then considered drawing it to attention of a steward or policeman. Thinking that would bring terrible publicity for club I stood and ignored it. It never got going as a song and am sure players didn't hear. Driving home I listened to Haringey manager talking on radio saying supporters should shop others doing and saying these things. I wish now I had stepped up.

What should I do guys?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 15:38]

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Haringey and us on 13:52 - Oct 21 with 3509 viewslongtimefan

Having clearly heard it sung in the North stand from the Southern end of the Co-op during the Gillingham EFL cup match, I suspect that it's considerably more than 10 people you're talking about at home games.
Haringey and us on 15:41 - Oct 21 with 3427 viewsyesjohn99

Haringey and us on 08:52 - Oct 21 by ChateauWines

I'm speaking to the club at 9am. I dont want my club and all of us tarnished by these morons.

How are you going to go about getting the club captain banned from games then?
Haringey and us on 15:54 - Oct 21 with 3406 viewsReuser_is_God

Haringey and us on 13:52 - Oct 21 by longtimefan

Having clearly heard it sung in the North stand from the Southern end of the Co-op during the Gillingham EFL cup match, I suspect that it's considerably more than 10 people you're talking about at home games.

That would've definitely been the Fanzone virgins.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Haringey and us on 16:07 - Oct 21 with 3373 viewscrunchie1978

Haringey and us on 13:02 - Oct 21 by ChateauWines

maccyd9 i`ve no problem with different views. As you state thats why i asked in first place. Let me re phrase question. If you sang song in front of steward or policeman would you not expect any action?

A policemen or steward wouldn't have a f**king clue what you was singing about so expect no action at all what so ever.
Haringey and us on 16:26 - Oct 21 with 3325 viewstown8710

Haringey and us on 06:16 - Oct 21 by ChateauWines

To clarify. You are suggesting that a song which Aston Villa have been handing out lengthy bans over is endorsed by a captain?

Yep there is a sticker with the lyrics on and chambo had it stuck on his phone
Haringey and us on 16:32 - Oct 21 with 3317 viewsStokieBlue

Haringey and us on 15:41 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

How are you going to go about getting the club captain banned from games then?

Why exactly have you voted down my post which highlights that perpetuating a stereotype based on race is racist?

You're not covering yourself in glory here.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Haringey and us on 16:34 - Oct 21 with 3308 viewsSpruceMoose

Haringey and us on 16:32 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

Why exactly have you voted down my post which highlights that perpetuating a stereotype based on race is racist?

SB

Probably because it made him look wrong and he couldn't think how else to defend it.

I see it all the time on here. Something is proved wrong and instead of someone saying "huh! I didn't know that. That makes sense, cheers!" they double down and refuse to give any ground.

Which is a shame as giving ground in an argument to reach consensus should be welcomed by all on here.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 16:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Haringey and us on 16:38 - Oct 21 with 3293 viewsfooters

Haringey and us on 16:34 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

Probably because it made him look wrong and he couldn't think how else to defend it.

I see it all the time on here. Something is proved wrong and instead of someone saying "huh! I didn't know that. That makes sense, cheers!" they double down and refuse to give any ground.

Which is a shame as giving ground in an argument to reach consensus should be welcomed by all on here.

Some blokes just like singing about other blokes' cocks. Not sure what the fuss is about.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Haringey and us on 16:40 - Oct 21 with 3282 viewsSpruceMoose

Haringey and us on 16:38 - Oct 21 by footers

Some blokes just like singing about other blokes' cocks. Not sure what the fuss is about.

Yes... that singing birthday card you got me last year caused a bit of an awkward situation when I opened it in front of Grandma Moose.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Haringey and us on 16:41 - Oct 21 with 3276 viewsfooters

Haringey and us on 16:40 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

Yes... that singing birthday card you got me last year caused a bit of an awkward situation when I opened it in front of Grandma Moose.

The Engelbert Humperdick one?

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Haringey and us on 17:21 - Oct 21 with 3218 viewsBRITFC

My issue was more with one of our supporters who decided to call their goalkeeper a “racist P*do n*nce” on multiple occasions. I assume he decided he had to be a racist due to him being Bulgarian, because the supporter in question persisted to call him a Bulgarian c*** throughout the second half. I do wonder who was guilty of the greater hate crime? The irony was of course lost on him that some of his fellow country men went to a match 24 hours previously and are alleged of racist abuse at both Haringey and at Luton... using his logic this automatically makes him racist by association. I do hope Ipswich Fanzone call this out amongst their ranks because I’m fairly certain the individual features on there. Shame as I think that platform does a great job engaging new/ younger fans.
Haringey and us on 17:33 - Oct 21 with 3193 viewsyesjohn99

Haringey and us on 16:34 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

The song is not racist. Just pathetic.

Now give ground on here please. It would be warmly welcomed
Haringey and us on 17:41 - Oct 21 with 3176 viewsyesjohn99

Haringey and us on 17:21 - Oct 21 by BRITFC

My issue was more with one of our supporters who decided to call their goalkeeper a “racist P*do n*nce” on multiple occasions. I assume he decided he had to be a racist due to him being Bulgarian, because the supporter in question persisted to call him a Bulgarian c*** throughout the second half. I do wonder who was guilty of the greater hate crime? The irony was of course lost on him that some of his fellow country men went to a match 24 hours previously and are alleged of racist abuse at both Haringey and at Luton... using his logic this automatically makes him racist by association. I do hope Ipswich Fanzone call this out amongst their ranks because I’m fairly certain the individual features on there. Shame as I think that platform does a great job engaging new/ younger fans.

This is a far better example of racism than a silly song about a mans willy.
Haringey and us on 17:49 - Oct 21 with 3164 viewsSpruceMoose

Haringey and us on 17:33 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

You have had several posters patiently explain to you why it's racist. That you refuse to accept it is your issue, not anyone else's.

Haringey and us on 17:51 - Oct 21 with 3159 viewsyesjohn99

Haringey and us on 17:49 - Oct 21 by SpruceMoose

You have had several posters patiently explain to you why it's racist. That you refuse to accept it is your issue, not anyone else's.

I’ve no issue.

The song isn’t racist.
Haringey and us on 18:02 - Oct 21 with 3132 viewsMullet

Do you know what, I heard and it and just thought they sounded like considerably bigger examples of what they were singing about.

It died off almost immediately as it had all the gusto of half a fart, and was sung by lads presumably on the cusp of puberty.

That's the most fitting punishment, they're not going to get arrested or banned so just letting the wheels fall off their awful banter bus is probably the best way. Making an issue out of it just gives them the oxygen.

Toto was shyte and so was their attempts at generating an atmosphere. Yesterday was crap. Everything about it, bar seeing some decent people. So them and their song can get in the bin. That's all that's needed.

Next time just give it "Paul Lambert is a blue" nice and loud and people will drown them out.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Haringey and us on 18:06 - Oct 21 with 3119 viewsGlasgowBlue

Haringey and us on 18:02 - Oct 21 by Mullet

Do you know what, I heard and it and just thought they sounded like considerably bigger examples of what they were singing about.

It died off almost immediately as it had all the gusto of half a fart, and was sung by lads presumably on the cusp of puberty.

That's the most fitting punishment, they're not going to get arrested or banned so just letting the wheels fall off their awful banter bus is probably the best way. Making an issue out of it just gives them the oxygen.

Toto was shyte and so was their attempts at generating an atmosphere. Yesterday was crap. Everything about it, bar seeing some decent people. So them and their song can get in the bin. That's all that's needed.

Next time just give it "Paul Lambert is a blue" nice and loud and people will drown them out.

Good to see you again yesterday Mullers. Yeah it was a flat on the pitch and in the stands from start to finish.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 18:09]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Haringey and us on 19:12 - Oct 21 with 3036 viewstextbackup

Haringey and us on 16:32 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

SB

why have multiple posters ignored the question.

Should the club captain be banned/punished over sporting a sticker quoting said song?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Haringey and us on 19:52 - Oct 21 with 2997 viewsChateauWines

Haringey and us on 19:12 - Oct 21 by textbackup

why have multiple posters ignored the question.

Should the club captain be banned/punished over sporting a sticker quoting said song?

I find it very hard to believe that our skipper has a sticker quoting song on his phone. However if you know this to be a fact I will raise it when I speak to the Club Secretary tomorrow.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Haringey and us on 20:13 - Oct 21 with 2964 viewstextbackup

Haringey and us on 19:52 - Oct 21 by ChateauWines

I find it very hard to believe that our skipper has a sticker quoting song on his phone. However if you know this to be a fact I will raise it when I speak to the Club Secretary tomorrow.

you only need look at the official ITFC photos pre match to see it.

however, I think this is a massive over reaction. I reckon there are millions more important issues in the world than a few kids singing this song. its incredible that a bunch of white wannabe middle class blokes are so up in arms and offended by it, when the bloke himself doesn't care one single bit. I hope he contacts you personally to say stay out of his business

Haringey and us on 20:19 - Oct 21 with 2938 viewsyesjohn99

Haringey and us on 20:13 - Oct 21 by textbackup

however, I think this is a massive over reaction. I reckon there are millions more important issues in the world than a few kids singing this song. its incredible that a bunch of white wannabe middle class blokes are so up in arms and offended by it, when the bloke himself doesn't care one single bit. I hope he contacts you personally to say stay out of his business

Gives us all a few hours off Brexit.
Haringey and us on 20:21 - Oct 21 with 2933 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Haringey and us on 20:13 - Oct 21 by textbackup

I am quite sure Kick It Out would take a very different view on it. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/sep/18/manchester-united-urged-to-stop

See JakeITFC's explanation of the origins of the stereotype too. It may well be a stereotype some black men are happy to hear. It is, however, racist and unacceptable whether that is sung from the terraces or publicly endorsed by the club captain.

Of course Chambers should not be banned for racist behaviour. Instead he should have a club official point out to him it is inappropriate and then, if he continues to endorse it, then take further action. I have no doubt Chambers will not endorse it once it has been raised.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Haringey and us on 20:21 - Oct 21 with 2930 viewstextbackup

Haringey and us on 20:19 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

Gives us all a few hours off Brexit.

I avoid that sht too.... problem is this is in the football section so cant help see it

Haringey and us on 20:25 - Oct 21 with 2921 viewsStokieBlue

Haringey and us on 17:33 - Oct 21 by yesjohn99

The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

It's pathetic AND racist.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Haringey and us on 20:31 - Oct 21 with 2903 viewsyesjohn99

Haringey and us on 20:25 - Oct 21 by StokieBlue

The two things aren't mutually exclusive.

It's pathetic AND racist.

SB

Disagree

SB
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024