Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So they can renegotiate the deal.... 08:11 - Oct 15 with 6928 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

.....who woulda thunk it!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:24 - Oct 15 with 1880 viewsHerbivore

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:14 - Oct 15 by hampstead_blue

I love your repeat of the all the propaganda of doom.....

FTR, I'm not saying it will all be rosy but I have always stated that No Deal isn't good, far from it, but the lights will stay on and we won't be swerving past dead bodies and zombies in the street.

So we've gone from sunlit uplands to not dodging zombies and still having electricity? Excellent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:25 - Oct 15 with 1872 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:22 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

Foreigners and the wrong coloured passports.

Stick to the topic....it's the new rule!

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:28 - Oct 15 with 1866 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:22 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

That's not what was said. And what is happening is essentially a shift back to an earlier version of May's deal. Without wanting to sound harsh, I'm not sure you really understand the complexity of what is going on.

And yet a cursory search reveals....
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/25/michel-barnier-boris-johnsons-c

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:28 - Oct 15 with 1866 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:23 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

The thread in which I and others schooled you again? Clearly you learnt very little from that thread.

Lol

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:38 - Oct 15 with 1850 viewshampstead_blue

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:04 - Oct 15 by StokieBlue

What is your issue with the EU?

Given your previous posts I would have thought you'd be all for a large and tariff free trading block in order to allow capitalism to run rampant without borders.

SB

I'm definitely not keen on the model you mention.

Whilst I like low friction, I don't like the idea of the big corporate slug consuming all before it.

I'm one who believes that the Social Enterprise model should be to the fore. You can make profit but it must be linked to a social cause.

The EU at the outset was fine but it's now become too big and all consuming. Too big to fail in fact.

It needs to be radically shrunk back to something more simple. Allow low friction movement and trade but don't prescribe and force policy on others.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:42 - Oct 15 with 1841 viewsBlueBadger

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:38 - Oct 15 by hampstead_blue

I'm definitely not keen on the model you mention.

Whilst I like low friction, I don't like the idea of the big corporate slug consuming all before it.

I'm one who believes that the Social Enterprise model should be to the fore. You can make profit but it must be linked to a social cause.

The EU at the outset was fine but it's now become too big and all consuming. Too big to fail in fact.

It needs to be radically shrunk back to something more simple. Allow low friction movement and trade but don't prescribe and force policy on others.

Pssst. Any 'independent' trade deal with the likes of China and the US will involve policy being 'forced' to a far greater degree than there ever will be with the EU.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:45 - Oct 15 with 1830 viewsSwansea_Blue

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:28 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

And yet a cursory search reveals....
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/25/michel-barnier-boris-johnsons-c

Read past the headline:

"Juncker said the EU would analyse any ideas put forward by the UK provided they were compatible with the withdrawal agreement". This is where we're at.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:45 - Oct 15 with 1826 viewsHerbivore

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:45 - Oct 15 by Swansea_Blue

Read past the headline:

"Juncker said the EU would analyse any ideas put forward by the UK provided they were compatible with the withdrawal agreement". This is where we're at.

I'm not sure he really gets what is going on.

Login to get fewer ads

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:47 - Oct 15 with 1822 viewsBlueBadger

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 08:47 - Oct 15 by Guthrum

They only ever said the Withdrawal Agreement was non-negotiable if the UK maintained its "red lines" on Northern Ireland leaving the Single Market and Customs Union at the same time as the rest of the UK. In other words, they wouldn't simply discard the backstop while keeping everything else the same.

It now appears that the UK Government has changed its position (being now willing to separate NI from the rest of the UK, at least temporarily), thus providing a fresh basis for talks.

Seems entirely logical to me.

Isn't the main trouble with effectively separating NI the DUP though? Hasn't Arlene Foster repeaedly said that NI should be treated exactly the same as the rest of the UK(unless of course it's regarding laws on abortion, gay marriage, etc).

Not having a go, just wondering.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:47 - Oct 15 with 1819 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:45 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

Posturing by the look of things.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:48 - Oct 15 with 1820 viewsSwansea_Blue

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:45 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

I've lost the will to battle it tbh. The level of discourse around Brexit is pitiful.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 10:28 - Oct 15 with 1790 viewsBlueBadger

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:23 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nicely put Stokie....you have done my work for me. ;)

It's almost like all of the 'pro' Brexit arguments are the result of massively muddled thinking.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 10:47 - Oct 15 with 1768 viewshampstead_blue

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 10:28 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

It's almost like all of the 'pro' Brexit arguments are the result of massively muddled thinking.

I don't think that pro Brexit arguments are muddled.
I just don't want the UK to be part of the current incarnation of the EU.

Back to the OP.........it was mentioned this morning, once more, that the EU always leave it until the last minute and this is no different.

They want a deal but want us to revoke more so will do all they can the spoil Brexit.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 10:57 - Oct 15 with 1759 viewsBlueBadger

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 10:47 - Oct 15 by hampstead_blue

Back to the OP.........it was mentioned this morning, once more, that the EU always leave it until the last minute and this is no different.

They want a deal but want us to revoke more so will do all they can the spoil Brexit.

What sort of monster would want to ruin recessions, shortages, mass privatisation of public services and chlorinated chicken for us?

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 11:04 - Oct 15 with 1748 viewsBluefish

Why don't you want to be part of it? Can you see a benefit to outweigh the negatives of leaving?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 11:27 - Oct 15 with 1739 viewsGuthrum

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 09:47 - Oct 15 by BlueBadger

Isn't the main trouble with effectively separating NI the DUP though? Hasn't Arlene Foster repeaedly said that NI should be treated exactly the same as the rest of the UK(unless of course it's regarding laws on abortion, gay marriage, etc).

Not having a go, just wondering.

Even DUP support is now not enough to give Johnson a majority. He has to rely on opposition support to get any deal through. Thus Foster & Co are suddenly a whole lot less relevant.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 11:41 - Oct 15 with 1726 viewsGuthrum

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 11:27 - Oct 15 by Guthrum

Even DUP support is now not enough to give Johnson a majority. He has to rely on opposition support to get any deal through. Thus Foster & Co are suddenly a whole lot less relevant.

There may even be scores to settle. After all, the DUP extorted a lot of money from Theresa May, then hung her out to dry on the Brexit votes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 11:41 - Oct 15 with 1729 viewsBlueBadger

That shower of terror-supporting bigots finally getting sidelined is about the only good thing about this whole clusterf*ck.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 13:12 - Oct 15 with 1707 viewshampstead_blue

Has been said there are a good number of Labour MP's potentially willing to support a deal.

Nothing like 'def info', that would be bonkers!
I think it will be very close.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 13:16 - Oct 15 with 1698 viewsHerbivore

You don't think pro Brexit arguments are muddled? Blimey, that's a hot take. Have you not seen or heard Brexiteers saying they voted Brexit because, essentially, there are too many brown people in the UK now? How is that not muddled thinking given that the brown people coming over here aren't from the EU and we're likely to need even more of them once we massively reduce EU migration?
[Post edited 15 Oct 2019 13:17]

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 13:24 - Oct 15 with 1680 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 13:16 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

You don't think pro Brexit arguments are muddled? Blimey, that's a hot take. Have you not seen or heard Brexiteers saying they voted Brexit because, essentially, there are too many brown people in the UK now? How is that not muddled thinking given that the brown people coming over here aren't from the EU and we're likely to need even more of them once we massively reduce EU migration?

Talk about straw men.....possibly ones wanting blue passports.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 13:50 - Oct 15 with 1648 viewsHerbivore

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 13:24 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Talk about straw men.....possibly ones wanting blue passports.

We can add straw man arguments to the ever growing list of things that you don't understand.

Tell us again about the creation of an egalitarian utopia that is the driver behind Brexit, I could do with a laugh.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 14:06 - Oct 15 with 1634 viewshampstead_blue

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 13:16 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

I should have clarified.
My ideas are not muddled.
Much of the propaganda spewed by both sides during the referendum was muddled and deliberately confusing.
Is that an argument for another referendum? Nearly but no.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 14:08 - Oct 15 with 1628 viewsHerbivore

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 14:06 - Oct 15 by hampstead_blue

I should have clarified.
My ideas are not muddled.
Much of the propaganda spewed by both sides during the referendum was muddled and deliberately confusing.
Is that an argument for another referendum? Nearly but no.

But your version of and reasons for Brexit differ wildly from other Brexiteers, hence the overall argument for Brexit is muddled and that's shown in the struggle to get Brexiteers to agree to a defined version of Brexit.

I'm curious as to what remain 'propaganda' you found to be muddled and deliberately confusing? Most of what was dismissed as project fear is now part of the government's £100m 'Get Ready for Brexit' campaign.

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 18:18 - Oct 15 with 1579 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So they can renegotiate the deal.... on 13:50 - Oct 15 by Herbivore

We can add straw man arguments to the ever growing list of things that you don't understand.

Tell us again about the creation of an egalitarian utopia that is the driver behind Brexit, I could do with a laugh.

You appear to have purposely misrepresented a position so as to defeat an argument...mr dictionary.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024