Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit question 19:02 - Oct 4 with 3186 viewsTrequartista

If the "Benn Law" didn't exist and the EU had a straight choice between Johnson's proposals and a no deal - which would be the better option for them?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Brexit question on 01:09 - Oct 5 with 623 viewsflimflam

Brexit question on 20:49 - Oct 4 by Trequartista

Only one answer to the question i asked!

My thinking is that if the Benn Law didn't exist, the EU would accept Johnson's proposals even though they are full of holes as it is marginally better than having no deal at all which is a full hard border.

So really this Benn Law has scuppered a deal because the EU know we have to get an extension. That is why Johnson has been refusing to say what he'd do, but today he was forced by a court to admit he'd have to extend, fully scuppering any deal. Extension, followed by General Election (which probably won't sort anything out) seems to be the only outcome

The Ben act changes nothing apart from an extention kicking the can down the road.
BJ still has to show his hand as it seems there is a work around the Ben act so time will tell.
The default is still no deal and probably more likely after an election if the tories get a majority possibly with brexit mob on board.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Brexit question on 07:54 - Oct 5 with 584 viewsNo9

Brexit question on 20:39 - Oct 4 by hampstead_blue

The EU want us to remain, for the cash we give.

They will do anything to keep us in.

Ha! Ha! Ha! - the EU isn't leaving is it?
Brexit question on 12:07 - Oct 5 with 553 viewsLeaky

Brexit question on 07:54 - Oct 5 by No9

Ha! Ha! Ha! - the EU isn't leaving is it?

no but the UK is
Brexit question on 12:15 - Oct 5 with 549 viewsHerbivore

Brexit question on 01:09 - Oct 5 by flimflam

The Ben act changes nothing apart from an extention kicking the can down the road.
BJ still has to show his hand as it seems there is a work around the Ben act so time will tell.
The default is still no deal and probably more likely after an election if the tories get a majority possibly with brexit mob on board.

The government have been forced to admit in court that they would have to comply with the Benn Act. Keep up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit question on 13:44 - Oct 5 with 538 viewsOldsmoker

All this faff is about just one thing.
Where do we start the real negotiations from?
We have years of trade negotiations with the EU ahead of us and we can't even agree on the starting position.
The Brexiters fear a federal EU where all the decisions are made in Brussels and the UK politicians have no say. Right now, I would say that is looking like the best solution ever as our lot seem incapable of acting like adults.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024